Does Anyone Have A Month Where Things Feel Off To Them?

August has always been a strange month for me. Every year, I always feel… off and I’m not sure what causes it.
I thought maybe it’s because August is the Sunday of Summer, and soon I would have to go back to school, but I’ve been out of school for almost ten years.
My birthday is this month, so shouldn’t this be an exciting time for me? I’m not worried about getting older; my mom taught me not to be ashamed of my age and to give thanks that you’ve lived to see another birthday.
So, what could be making me feel this way?
I’ve done some meditations, but the off feeling soon comes back. It’s like a fly buzzing around my head.
Any suggestions for what I can do and what could actually be causing this?

9 Likes

My month is May. I can’t explain it either. But if I could, I delete that month! I’m sorry that you’re having an off time! Sometimes for me, May lasts longer than 31 days. Thankfully, August is almost over for you!

What I do is journal!!! Just write! Write about your favorite color and why it’s appealing to you, what you dreamt about, what you’re grateful for, anything! Let your hand go freely. Or if you don’t like to write, there’s an app that I find extremely useful!!! There’s even a crisis type prompts that really help. The app is called Intellect. The icon has two raindrops, white and black, they remind me of yin and yang :yin_yang:.

Try the app at least. I really hope this helps!!! If you ever need to talk further, I’m always here for you!!! Message me and please don’t hesitate!!!

8 Likes

Can’t say that I do for any unexplained reasons. Usually in my case it’s due to predictable, if uncontrollable, variability in cash flow. I have been able minimize the effects by expanding the scope, meaning looking beyond the time in question to find processes or rhythms that may be impacting the difficult time periods, i.e. patterns of spending and saving.

The point of all that is the suggestion of expanding the scope beyond August. Could August just the culmination of some personal tide? When do you notice about when it starts? Aug 1? Morning? What’s different when this period is over? How do you know when it ends, how does it feel different? What can you rule out? As the Bomb.com above said, journalling can help, whether it is spiritually based, fact based, or both.

That said, I have had off periods. They don’t fit neatly into a month. From June 6 to about July 15 of this year my personal rhythms were enough to make me say What TomFoolery is this? :wink:

8 Likes

August starts fall for me and I always look forward to fall but if I am to throw some shade at a month in general it would have to be July. Not a summer fan in general and by July I am so over it.

9 Likes

Thanks! I’ll have to check out the app. And yes, journaling, I have found, is a big help. I guess I’m kind of journaling right now with these posts. :laughing:

8 Likes

I have a whole season. From December to March for me. Every year, it never fails.

8 Likes

I get the same kind of “step-back” feeling in October, and I always thought it was related to my birthday. Another year come and gone! I think birthdays can often be somewhat sombering times for people who are prone to introspection and reflection :person_in_lotus_position:

When I learned about the Wheel of the Year and that Samhain is the Witch’s New Year, it shone a new light on things. Now, my “month of feeling weird” isn’t just that I’ve lived another year, it’s also the death of summer and end of a yearly cycle :wheel_of_dharma: .

There’s a lot of powerful energy in the Fall, and I think that those of us born during this time of the year tend to feel it very strongly.

As for how to handle it- perhaps instead of trying to fight back or subdue it, if you think it’s not a negative force, then maybe try to embrace or even celebrate it?

You might try connecting with your Zodiac, doing seasonal celebrations (Mabon for sure, but perhaps also doing prep work for the upcoming Samhain), or spending more time in nature to observe and accept the changes as they happen :maple_leaf:

These are just a few thoughts and I’m really enjoying reading everyone’s personal experiences with their “off” time of the year. It’s a really interesting discussion- many thanks to @Kasandra for bringing it up! :heart:

5 Likes

I’m the same way. Even with AC, I still can’t stand heat and humidity.

4 Likes

I have been thinking about this & in general the winter is my off time. However, this year it seems to be the end of July through August. But that’s not a regular thing for me. I love the summer or at least the warmer weather. I can’t stand to be cold & the colder it is the worse off I am. I can do without the humidity some days, but I think because we have central air, that feeling is alleviated for us. Thankfully we are able to have that. My father installed it after my son spent a week in the hospital with breathing problems when he was a baby.

I think right before & right after the summer is when I have the best months. Spring & Fall are definitely better for me all around.

4 Likes

It could also be my anticipation for the end of Summer and the beginning of Fall. I do agree with your saying that there is a lot of powerful energy in the Fall. The season is a time of abundance, to harvest what we’ve planted in the spring, and to give thanks for what we have (which in itself can bring happiness).
The days are growing shorter and colder, but the leaves are a beautiful array of reds, oranges,
yellows, and purples. :maple_leaf: It’s as of nature is saying to us that even though it’ll be going to sleep soon for the winter (I like to say sleep instead of dying), that sleep won’t last forever.

3 Likes

Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons (with Fall being number 1, :laughing:). They’re when I do better too.
Though I’ve been trying to see the pros and cons of each season and enjoy them for what they have to offer.

4 Likes

I think you’ve touched on a few different things here in your replies and the replies of others. Sometimes it’s the culmination of seasonal transitions, sometimes it’s a distant memory that only haunts us in our feelings, and other times there are just so many things going on that we don’t know which direction to look :sweat_smile: I can’t say I have a specific month like that in general but I tend to get more introspective and antsy the closer we get to Samhain.

5 Likes

This is a beautiful way to describe it, Kasandra! Like all the wonderful colors of Fall are a big hurrah celebration before the world goes to sleep for winter :maple_leaf: :blush: It’s very poetic!

4 Likes

I’ve been doing some meditation (along with some journaling) and I’ve come to the conclusion that August is my off month because I still associate it with going back to school, my birthday, and my anticipation for Fall.
I asked the dragons for some spiritual assistance. I drew Spirit. This is the second time that they have appeared in my reading. We can call on them whenever we are feeling spiritually disconnected. Even though I didn’t draw Father Time, I felt an urge to search the deck for him.

I’ve decided I’m going to make a habit of watching the sunset in the evenings (while eating some ice cream) to enjoy the waning days of summer. On my first day doing this, I had the urge to go barefoot in the grass and it really helped boost my mood! The off feeling is still there, but it’s really weak now.

4 Likes

I don’t think I have an actual off month but I have days within different months where memories trigger things for me. And I have experienced Seasonal Depression for most of my adult life however last year it wasn’t quite as severe because the apartment I moved into right as it normally hits has a huge patio door that faces East and gets the morning sun. Hopefully it helps this year. I will say that finding this space and meeting all of you has helped my depression issues immensely. Blessed Be!!!

6 Likes

That sounds like a perfect way to accept the season, boost your mood, and also have a very fun time- enjoy it, Kasandra! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :ice_cream:

A bit of bright sunlight can go a long way in combating Seasonal Depression! Two years ago I was in a place that didn’t get much sun so I bought one of those light therapy lamps :couch_and_lamp: . It helped a lot to find happiness on dark winter days, but there’s nothing quite as good as real sunshine! May your new apartment stay bright and cheery all through the winter, Sharon :pray::heart::sun:

5 Likes

It depends for me. Generally June is a off month for when everything goes bad, but this year I have a nice June with Spells8, but March-April-May was very bad for me. @anneshakargupta

5 Likes