Dream interpretation/help

Hello,
for years my parents have been fighting and recently its really been getting worse but they both dont want to admit that their relationship is getting worse and wont break up. The other day, I had a dream that my dad left and I went with him to look for apartments and everything. Personally, I want them to split, but 1. how can you cope with this and 2. does this mean anything? is their toxic relationship finally coming to an end?

7 Likes

also, is there any way to change your username/@?

6 Likes

First of all, a mod can help you change your name. I’m sure one of them will be around soon and will help you out.

As for dreams, well, I would take it with a grain of salt. It could be that you’re wishing so hard for it to happen, that you’re dreaming about it. Do you have a trusted adult, other than your parents that you could go to? Talk to them? That may help you.

I’m sorry I don’t have a different answer for you. Maybe someone else will, and it will help more.

6 Likes

Hello @Marz :heart:

First, I’d love to help you change your username. Can you please send me a message and let me know what you’d like it to be?

Second, I don’t have any advice on coping with wanting your parents to divorce. I’ll be 30 this year and, while my parents didn’t always get along when I was a child, they’ve worked things out and do much better together now. As for the dream, I don’t think it means anything. Dreams are our subconscious’s way of dealing with stresses, coping with situations, and processing things that happen during the day. If this is something that’s been on your mind, chances are your subconscious is just trying to process how you really feel about the situation.

6 Likes

thank you sm

5 Likes

youre probably right, thank you so much

6 Likes

You’re welcome :heart:

5 Likes

You’re welcome.

2 Likes

Divorce is complicated when you have children of any age. Children are a bond they share. I’ve been divorced twice. I did not have children with my first husband and it was fairly easy to move on. But the second husband, I did, and we remain emotionally tied by that. Some people come to have a friendship of sorts – my mother and father did – and some do not. It is okay to love both your parents and to support them while they are going through this tough time but take care of you, too, okay? It must be hard right now. One thing I will say is that after the divorce, a few years later, I went through a grieving process after I got over being mad. Counseling helped a lot. You do have to mourn the relatiionship you had with your partner that is no longer. It is a process.

4 Likes

Hello,

Dreams are often symbolic, and there are many different types of dreams. It is vital to identify the type of dream prior to interpreting it, in my personal opinion, because different types of dreams often require different forms of interpretation. For example, a precognitive dream wouldn’t have the same interpretation method as a ‘normal’ dream or a visitation from a loved one in Spirit. Some dreams are messages to us from our spiritual team, others are a way our brains process experiences and emotions, and yet others may be out of body experiences (OBEs), telepathic communication, visions of future events or preparation and healing on the soul level.

Dream interpretation is a unique process for everyone and can help you dive into the innermost workings of the self. There are some ‘universal symbols’ which work as signposts or archetypes pointing you in the direction of a possible meaning, but ultimately the way your subconscious mind experiences these symbols is based upon your lived experiences, culture and beliefs. Some dreams are more symbolic than others, and there is an article that talks about some of the different types of spiritual dreams and ways they can be interpreted.

I personally think that this particular dream is a ‘normal dream’, meaning it is merely a way your subconscious is processing your emotions and thoughts. Homes often symbolize stability, so perhaps the apartment shopping could suggest that you want to seek stability or security in your life and feel like it could be found elsewhere. People in dreams may represent aspects of yourself, so your father likely symbolizes a mature and protective aspect of your own personality that is looking for a new source of stability in your life. Of course, what the archetype of ‘father’ represents to you personally will depend on what qualities you associate fathers with and your experience with your own father growing up - this is why dream interpretation is so individual.

4 Likes

thank you, i also thought it was a “normal dream” but i guess i just didnt know how to ask for support going through this.

3 Likes

thank you, i really appreciate it.

4 Likes