Dreams/personal fear?

I had dream where I was surrounded by spiders talking to me. They were extremely deadly and they showed up when my stop mom started being (for lack of other words) a bitch again and making me feel bad about myself. Then I came across this old lamp of my grandmothers meant to tell the story of Christian faith and nothing but deadly spiders where inside the lamps/all over me since I grabbed it. Non of the spiders bit me, and I kind of just asked them to hop off because I had to go “do something important”. That’s when they started talking and was like “yeah no problem” “No I didn’t bite you but I was about to, I was thinking about it” and I think that’s when I became self aware and the dream and started freaking out since I’m kind of scared of spiders and I woke up, checked my room for spiders and then felt bad because I didn’t kill any of the spiders in my dream but I woke up and was gonna kill any I saw. Sorry if this is too much but I know spiders can be a sign of manipulation which works perfectly with my step mom but I just wanted to know anyone else’s opinions on spiders in dreams :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Here is a really interesting article on what it means to dream about spiders, but basically what I got from it is that there’s a sticky situation or person in your life and your unconscious mind wants you to really pay attention.

Hope the article helps!

8 Likes

I think it is rather powerful that the ‘deadly spiders’ were listening to you and chose not to hurt you. That you ultimately had control over them asking them to ‘move on’ so you could do ‘something important’… Your inner dialogue was that you are moving forward…with this lamp- your family symbol of faith…to do your life’s purpose without interference from those who try to manipulate you. I think it means you have awakened to your purpose and are taking charge. :+1: Further … you woke up wanting to kill those spiders… (not your normal reaction I take it - to search them out) and I am sure with your gentle nature is not your ‘go to’ default, but in this case you are ready to squash those feelings that don’t ring true to you anymore. BRAVA!!!

8 Likes

Those are great interpretations, I love exploring dreams, you should do some journaling about spiders and see what comes out!

The non-magickal answer could be that it’s fall! :fallen_leaf: Also known as “spider season”. Maybe you’ve been subconsciously channeling that or have been seeing more spiders than usual.

7 Likes

I’d suggest maybe burning a black candle just for a little extra protection. I was never into protection magic much but I did try some recently and it worked like a charm.

7 Likes

Are you able to maybe sage your room or put salt around the doors and windows to keep negative energies out of your space? Or add a protection spell as @colin suggested?

5 Likes