1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup cold butter
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1-1/4 cups 2% milk

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cream of tartar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese, garlic, and pepper flakes. Add milk; stir just until moistened.

Drop dough by heaping 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.

Nutritional Facts:

1 biscuit: 237 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), and 7g protein.

Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.

7 Likes

This sounds so yummy. I didn’t sleep last night (I am a sleeper for sure… so it was weird and disconcerting to be not to be able to fall asleep). We have had incredible lightning storms the last several nights, I’m not sure if the energy had me up or what… anyway… I’m chilling in bed today, reading a fantastic book, dozing as needed…. And I think I may bribe a teenager to make these for me!

6 Likes

I’m always looking for new ways to make biscuits… cheese :cheese: seems perfect!

4 Likes

My sleep schedule has been weird and I finally got some rest today. Of course, it was in the middle of the afternoon but I’m not gonna complain. LOL! I’m glad you’re dozing in bed, that will help you sleep some.

Hope your teen likes the biscuits too!

And garlic! Don’t forget the garlic. I don’t think I’ve ever seen biscuits with garlic before. LOL! :garlic:

4 Likes

I do love some garlic……

5 Likes

Cheesy biscuits! Cheesey biscuits!

Looking at the ingredients, I’m pretty confident I could eat an entire batch of these bad boys :yum::plate_with_cutlery: Although, as a spice baby, I’d probably have to cut back or leave out the red pepper :joy:

Thanks for another tasty recipe, @Amethyst!

Cheers to that- just about everything is better with garlic :garlic: :drooling_face: There’re no vampires in my kitchen lol :joy:

5 Likes

I kind of figured that the garlic :garlic: was a given with the cheese… we are a garlic family :laughing:

5 Likes

I bet this would be good with rosemary instead of the red pepper flake too! Glad you liked it!

4 Likes

Me too me too. I put garlic on practically everything

4 Likes

I made these! They are pretty yummy, but next time I will add more cheese… and more garlic!

4 Likes

Ohhhhh those look delicious, @AileyGrey! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Those look delicious! I might drop by and have one. LOL! I’ll just have to get my transporter beam warmed up.

4 Likes

come on! Transporter beam pop up guests are my favorite!

4 Likes

Oh wow @AileyGrey! I agree with both that they look deliciously amazing! Great job! :two_hearts:

4 Likes