Empath and new witch

Aww :heart_eyes_cat: thankyou so much! Glad to be welcomed into the group :blush: i feel more at home in this month than I have ever I think. To be welcomed like this really makes me happy :blush:

9 Likes

You’re so welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: If anything, we are certainly a welcoming group of people! :partying_face: I’m glad to hear that you’re feeling welcome here - it’s certainly a pleasure!

9 Likes

It’s a breath of fresh air compared to the public I’m constantly trying to protect myself from. Do you have any suggestions for me to read on protection? I saw you are from Florida oh I’m so jealous. That’s where I hope and plan to move. If I could live in the water I would. Lol. I come out there at least once a year. Thankyou Megan :heavy_heart_exclamation:

9 Likes

Also I’m very interested in a spirit guide or deities. I was interested in finding or talking to my spirit guide before I found this path. Would love to find my deities. I read that it’s not something to just jump into or call to you in the beginning. Not sure who to believe lol .

9 Likes

@Devenne Hello and welcome I’m Tracy from England Loki’s my patron deity. Make yourself at home Lovely :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Oh yeah, dealing with the general public can be really draining. I haven’t had to do it for work for a while, so I’m counting my blessings there!

We have plenty of protection information here on the site and the forum! There are a lot of ways to protect oneself - it just depends on the type of protection you need and your preferred method of protection. I’ll drop some links here for you to get you started!

haha yeah, I currently live in Florida, but we’re getting ready to move. I’m originally from California and have lived in many states across the country! Florida is definitely not my forever home. Being by the ocean is nice, but there are many things about Florida I don’t like :sweat_smile: It’s just not for me, but I hope that you’re able to move out here!

Go with what you believe! There are some things to keep in mind when working with deities, but I view working with and worshipping deities very differently. It’s perfectly acceptable to worship a deity if you feel called to do so. There are many reasons why someone would worship a deity, but working with a deity involves a relationship of sorts. I think that’s not something to take lightly and is usually done after plenty of research, introductions with the deity, and offerings given.

There are also a lot of views out there about finding a deity. Some polytheists believe a deity will reach out to you. Others believe we choose the deity. Neither is right, but neither is wrong - because it’s all down to what each person believes and their specific tradition, if any!

There’s this post about working with deities → Deity Worship: How to Honor Pagan Gods and Goddesses – Spells8

And here are a few more links!
How Does a Goddess Choose You? Signs a Deity is Calling – Spells8
Deity Tarot Spread with 7 Cards: Identify a God or Goddess – Spells8
Signs From Your Spirit Guides: How to Find & Meet Them – Spells8

11 Likes

This is so helpful. I have been studying since I got home lol. I’m going to disconnect and head to my altar before bed. I will definitely go through all of this. Thankyou for your guidance. It’s extremely helpful. Hope u sleep well. Talk to you soon xo

9 Likes

Welcome @Devenne! It’s lovely to meet you. :black_heart:

I’m Katerina, living in Australia with my partner and two cats. :smile: I walk the left-hand path, with some almost inexplicable mix of both chaos and order. I think I’ve found my life’s purpose as being a guide to help others find their way and help open their paths for them, just as Hekate does. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I joined this coven almost two months ago now. But I’ve already been learning so much from everyone here. So, I’m excited to welcome you into this lovely space and to learn with you. :witch_hat:

9 Likes

Hey Katerina :wave: nice to meet. Glad to meet you :blush: thankyou for welcoming me. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

7 Likes

You’re welcome! I used to work in restaurants so I know how some days you’re so tired your hair hurts. Good luck and have a good day!

9 Likes

Hello @Devenne,

Don’t mind me jumping on the welcome wagon too! I’m Bry, another one of the moderators here in the forum and an Eclectic Witch. Just wanted to say that it’s a pleasure to meet you :blush:

The banishing ritual sounds amazing- I’m so happy it worked so well for you! Congrats on getting your altar setup too, it’s a great feeling to have a special sacred place to work your magick :mage:

Please make yourself at home here and don’t hesitate to reach out if you need any help! Blessed be :sparkles:

9 Likes

Hey Bry, so nice to meet you. Thankyou for welcoming me. I am so excited to be here and learn more. Like palpably excited. :laughing: Love you all already! Blessed be :heart:

9 Likes

What’s funny about that is I have waitressed at other jobs and dealt with the public and that’s a thing in itself. Lol. I have been a cook on and off for ten years. Don’t enjoy that. Lol. Women aren’t treated well in kitchens. The cook I work with is allowed to drink at work. He has a problem. I’ve been there and made it out the other side. I’ve tried to be nice to him. Quickly really there’s no point to waste my energy with him. He’s constantly angry and has the worst energy. It’s been tough. I spray myself with protection spray every day before I go. I take my headphones and try to ignore his behavior. Lol. I have been looking into maybe getting some kind of training/schooling so I can do something else. I like to cook, but I don’t now. :joy: I’m the cook at home too. So I’ve grown tired of it. I am getting stronger, and learning to not let him affect me so much. He’s not there today or Thursdays. So it’s such a treat to get a break from him on Thursdays.

9 Likes

welcome to the family! I’m Airam and I live in Greece.we deal with angelic and elemental magic Don’t hesitate to ask anything about magic, there are very wise witches here!

8 Likes

Hello :hugs: and Welcome Home :infinite_roots: @Devenne

I’m so glad you have joined us, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. I’m so glad you have been able to find more peace and happiness. I know how difficult it is to be an empath and how important protection is! If you have any questions, let us know. Welcome to the family! :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

8 Likes

That’s awful! I’m sorry this guy is taking the joy of cooking away from you! I hope you enjoyed your break from him today.

8 Likes

Aww :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:!!! That’s is so stinking sweet Marsha. I always had a hard time making friends. Awhile ago I realized there was a reason im different. Just wasn’t sure why completely. It feels so good to be here with you all. The love means the world to me. Thankyou for supporting me.:heart: Blessed be

9 Likes

Thankyou for your caring words. I appreciate you. It was def better :grin: Hope you had a great day too!

9 Likes

I know that feeling. I’m sure many of us do. :people_hugging: :black_heart:

9 Likes
  • :people_hugging:** :hugs:***
9 Likes