Ever a possibility of a mobile app for Spells8?

Hello, I was wondering if there was the possibility of a mobile app coming from Spells8?

4 Likes

I would totally love having a spells8 app! Hopefully this gives them the idea :wink:

1 Like

I honestly thought with the monthly fee that there would be. I think it would be worth their while. Would be quite easy, too.

1 Like

Hi @Willowe!

Yes, it’s a great idea and I have been thinking about it for a while now. But building a solid mobile app requires a considerable amount of money and effort. It’s really not as simple as it sounds!! :sweat_smile:

Here’s an infographic for reference:

Having said this, hopefully in the near future we’ll have at least a basic app with a few useful features.

What do you think would be the most important part of a Spells8 app?

3 Likes

I would also love to see an app but looks tough

1 Like

Ohhhhh wow! I’ve only ever seen apps in the very late stages of development or finished- I had no idea it was this complex to make one! :astonished:

A chat/messaging function would be lovely- perhaps attached to the forums? I would love a daily horoscope too :scorpius: . And maybe the daily devotional or something like it- with suggestions or reminders about current events! Ooohhhh and perhaps daily alerts about the current phase of the moon too :first_quarter_moon:, or current important star signs :star: or planet movements :ringer_planet:. There’s been a lot of discussion about topics like Keeping Track of Moon Phases- this seems like it might be a popular feature! :+1: A Spells8 app could also be a great place to collect all the Printable Book of Shadows Pages- your phone could become a digital Book of Shadows that you always have on hand! :open_book::iphone:

Ahhh so many possibilities! :star_struck: I’ll also keep my fingers crossed for a Spells8 Mobile App someday in the future :blush: :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Ah yes, all that pesky behind-the-scenes stuff. I didn’t mean to minimize the amount work that goes into a mobile app, so I apologize if I came off that way. I think mostly what I meant was that the layout of the website is such that a conversion, at least visually, should be fairly easy. :slight_smile:

I think the most important part of having a spell app would probably be quick access to videos and spells, just like on the website. I use the videos a lot to help me visualize and meditate and I do use the website via mobile browser, which is fine. Would just be nice to have it one touch away.

You’re doing great! The website is awesome. Thank you for hearing me out!

3 Likes

Yes! You can easily do this with your phone. Here’s how to do it:

Android

1. Launch “Chrome” app.
  2. Open spells8.com.
  3. Tap the menu icon (3 dots in upper right-hand corner) and tap Add to homescreen.
  4. You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.

iPad or iPhone (iOS)

1. Launch “Safari” app. This does not work from the “Chrome” app.
  2. Enter into the address field spells8.com. Tap “Go.”
  3. Tap the icon featuring a right-pointing arrow coming out of a box along the top of the Safari window to open a drop-down menu.
  4. Tap “Add to Home Screen.” The Add to Home dialog box will appear.
  5. Enter the name for the shortcut. Safari will close automatically and you will be taken to where the icon is located on your iPad’s desktop.
6 Likes

WoW thank you for sharing this, now we have the mobile app with no work for @Francisco

1 Like