Facebook lets be friends

Message sent. :smiley:

Others are free to message me, if they want.

2 Likes

I think it is wonderful to want to reach out and connect with those on the same path in life! :blush: Many of us live in places or situations where we feel we cannot be our true selves in terms of spirituality and our beliefs- and especially in the age of the pandemic, finding a community that supports you can be even more of a challenge. Social media is a great way to find people who respect and support you- and if you feel comfortable sharing other profiles on sites, you are very free to do so! :raised_hands:

Thank you to @kira-marie for opening this discussion! I’m not sure if there are any plans for a Spells8 Group on Facebook, but there is a Spells8 Group on Discord. @Katt has kindly shared the link for anyone interested here:

For anyone who does not want to share their account information, names, or profiles on other sites, for any reason at all, please don’t worry! You are very welcome to keep your accounts separate. As others have mentioned here, there is no obligation to connect on other sites.

On a more personal note, as someone who is slowly trying to wean myself off of a social media addiction, these days I am personally sticking to just one or two sites. There are so many wonderful sites and apps out there, I know it can get overwhelming quickly! I try to avoid Facebook as much as I can and as such, I will be sticking just to the Spells8 Forums for now. But thank you very much for the invitation! :heart:

The Forums are here for everyone to gather, share ideas, and build a community that crosses physical distance. It is a sign of success when everyone feels close enough to want to connect and strengthen their bonds! :partying_face:

I know there is the possible idea for a future Spells8 Phone App that may someday include group calls and the possibility for video hangouts, but until then feel free to connect however you feel comfortable!

I love the community here very much and I have been able to learn so much from all of your wisdom and talents. Here in the forums and perhaps on other platforms in the future, I am looking forward to talking and learning more with you all! :pray:

Blessed Be! :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

I would very much love for there to be an app that would be great for on the go when im on my phone.

Social media yeah it definitely has its pros and cons and i too have had to limit my amount of time on there as it can be a black hole. I recently just found news feed eradicator which is a google chrome extension so your feed gets hidden and you just see a positive quote for the day that helped me a lot as i can still interact in groups im apart of when i click on them but im not bombarded with junk lol.

But yes my intention was never to make anyone feel pressured just to extend a friendly invitation and hold space for others who like myself are struggling with the pandemic and would like to build some friendships with people who are likeminded. My intention is only to ever spread love and light. And for those who dont want to cross over that’s fine no offence took i respect your choices and ill still be on this forum too :slight_smile:

But yes thank you for sharing your thoughts on this brianna :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve looked into a few of the timed apps (that after a certain amount of time you get an alert or the app closes down!) but I haven’t heard of the feed eradicator before- that sound so interesting! I love how it shows you a positive message to lift your spirits :heart_eyes: If it’s an extension you recommend, would you mind sending me the name, @kira-marie? :grin: It sounds like something worth a try! Fingers crossed they have a phone app too :+1:

You are full of love and light, Kira-Marie! :heart: It carries through in your posts- thank you again for sharing this, and for all that you do! :pray::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Aw, bless you, darling, you’ve made my day. Here you go hope this helps

Not sure about mobile ill have to look into that one but if you’re on a browser its certainly good

5 Likes

@kira-marie, there is a way to get spells8 on your phone. There was a post on how to do it somewhere in here, I tried to find it for you but couldn’t. If you are on an Iphone it has something to do with going thru safari. I think @Francisco had posted it

4 Likes

Thanks for that @Katt! Here’s how to do it:

Tagging @kira-marie, @Rowan and for anyone who needs it!

6 Likes

Yes, this is quite handy. I already had a shortcut on my phone and created a folder for quick go to meditations/spells/etc. :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you so much such a time saver :gift_heart:

4 Likes

You’re a blessing, @kira-marie! :heart_eyes: I can’t wait to give this a try- thanks so much! :pray::two_hearts:

This is very handy! A quick and easy way to access Spells8 on the go- thanks for bringing it up, @Katt! :two_hearts: And also to @Francisco for the helpful video guide :grin::+1:

3 Likes

I would love a shortcut on my phone, I will be honest I haven’t checked out the video because I have an android phone, would it work the same way? I have to go to my mobile browser and then to the bookmarks right now.

I’ll watch the video and see what I can find out. Lol

**Edit: Yes it’s the first part of the video! I know have it with my FB and FB Messenger apps, along with YouTube!

4 Likes

@Siofra pretty sure my FB name is alex kenney

4 Likes

I sent a request to you I think, I will open mine back up for requests though! I would love to be friends! You’re amazing!

2 Likes

@Katt I sent you a message on FB. It wouldn’t do anything when clicked on add friend, so I opened mine back up to everyone can request me! :star2: :heart:

3 Likes

Old topic but I wanted to know if people still wanted to friend or chat on FB. I cleaned house after the hospitalization and it’s time to add more like-minded people. I am so excited for October and Halloween and I would love to have more witch/wiccan friends on social media.

4 Likes

Ha I wish, Spells8 is the extent of my social Witchiness :joy:
(:woman_mage:t2:) :woman:t3: Secret Witch shh :shushing_face:

3 Likes

I don’t talk much about my witchyness on Facebook, my building manager is on my friends list . But let me know if you wanna add me and I’ll switch my friending policy over to anyone. I’ll talk on your journal more than I talk on mine. I’m Kasie Vik on Facebook.

Now I’m Amejisuto on Dreamwidth, which is a LiveJournal knock off for fandom people. I show all my weirdness there. LOL.

3 Likes

I will message you. :slight_smile: Others are free to message me or add me. Just let me know who you are from here.

Edit: Name removed. :wink:

2 Likes

I friended you so we’ll make some sort of connection. LOL.

1 Like

I sent you a message to at least open dialog. :slight_smile: I’m always so mindful of the right to another’s privacy so I didn’t want to just send an add. :upside_down_face:

1 Like