February Quickening Moon ๐ŸŒ•

:full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon:

The Quickening Moon aka Hunger Moon, Storm Moon, Death Moon

• Saturday February 27th

• New Beginningsโ€ฆ Clear negative energyโ€ฆ Start a plan of actionโ€ฆ Spells to cast for this time are health, confidence, motivation, banishing negativity, fertilityโ€ฆ

• Crystals: Rose Quartz, Jasper, Amethyst

• Colors: Purple, Blue, Silver

• Venus & Jupiter in conjunction (Feb 11th)

• A โ€˜planetary trioโ€™ of Jupiter, Mercury and Saturn (Feb 24th) - Next one will be 2026

:full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon: :full_moon:

7 Likes

February is going to be a month of a lot of change and changing my future for the better. Iโ€™m going to make sure that I am keeping a journal and be mindful of my reactions to things. Iโ€™m excited and scared for this change, because it is definitely going to affect the rest of my life.

8 Likes

If anyone thought the January Wolf/Cold Moon sounded fierce- well, here comes February with the Death/Hunger Moon! :scream: :full_moon: It sounds pretty hardcore, but itโ€™s a great time for a fresh start- just like the tarot card Death marks new beginnings.

This is great information- thanks for sharing, @Missa! :heart:

6 Likes

Agreed! Lots of interesting symbolism around this time of the year! According to Almanac.com those names originate from the fact that food was hard to come by at this time.

I also found this interesting article about the name Death Moon (originally used for the month of March) that saw the infamous death of Emperor Julius Caesar (assassinated by conspiring senators). :classical_building:

6 Likes

Thatโ€™s fascinating that the Julian calendar set March 1st as the New Year! Different from the other calendars I know- the Gregorian calender starts a new year on January 1st, the Wheel of the Year celebrates on Samhain (in Autumn), and the Lunar calendar has a new year in February :spiral_calendar:

It makes me realize just how much โ€œcalendarsโ€ and โ€œtimeโ€ are human concepts! :mantelpiece_clock: Yet it seems like most calendars can be traced back to tracking the phases of the moon :first_quarter_moon:

Really interesting to learn about! :star_struck: :open_book:

5 Likes