Fiction Books

Wondering about any witchy fiction books that might be fun to read. Maybe a mystery, adventure or even a love story. If it has some Magick research EVEN better :). Thank you in advance for your recommendations! Be well friends.

9 Likes

Circe by Madeline Miller is excellent

9 Likes

A friend of mine wrote a series of books she puts in the genre of magickal realism. The first one is called River Magic and the author’s name is M.A. Phillips. They’re great books and I highly recommend them! There are 3 books total so there’s much to read!

8 Likes

The series of the seven waters by Juliet Marilier it s about Ireland in the first centuries a lot of fairytales in it magic and otherworldly creatures
I loved all of them !

8 Likes

Yay I love all of these suggestions! I love Juliet Marillier’s books and her Blackthorn & Grim series is full of green magic and romance. Sistersong by Lucy Holland is a wonderful piece of historical fantasy with a strong nature-based magic element and just beautiful heartbreaking romance. The Poison Thread (US title, The Corset in the UK) by Laura Purcell is a dark, spellbinding Gothic chiller perfect for a rainy fall night. The Book of Gothel is a really interesting and very witchy retelling of Rapunzel, and The Children of Gods and Fighting Men is a magical historical fantasy set in 9th century Ireland, full of magic and fae!

8 Likes

I love Yasmine Galenore’s works. She’s a witch who writes urban fantasy. There’s this one series where the heroine is a forty-something divorcee who’s slightly chubby. LOL! Something in her books for everyone. Romance, adventure, mystery. They’re really fun!

7 Likes

the scapegracers is really good! it’s slightly more magic than magick, but it definitely has some real witchy elements.

7 Likes

Don’t mind me eating up these recommendations :laughing: :+1:

I read her Song of Achilles and it was both heartbreaking and really powerful- I’ve been meaning to read Circe too but I haven’t got my hands on a copy yet! It looks amazing though :closed_book: :sparkles:

I recently read The Dark Tide by Alicia Jasinska (I wrote a longer review of it for Book Club here) and it is a witchy fiction book with a bit of romance, mystery, sea monsters, ocean magick, and lots of adventure- but it is a bit dark so heads up if that’s not your cup of tea :ocean: :woman_mage:

I hope you’re able to find some fun books- happy reading, Melissa! :books::blush:

8 Likes

Wanted to say thank you for all this wonderful info!!! I just got my baby witch badge and I’m so stinking excited :).

6 Likes

It’s a pleasure, @ApisMellifera- and congrats to you on your new badge! May you wear it with pride! :trophy: :heart::sparkles:

Blessed be!

5 Likes

@ApisMellifera congrats on your badge you’ll do great here I’m sure :wink:

5 Likes

Congratulations! That’s great!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.