Finally decided I will be myself

Hi Everyone. I am in Florida and currently going through Hurrican Ian. I figured since I am home I will read my books and learn what I can as I am new to this practice though I have always had a profound connection as a child. I just joined this group so that I can learn from you all and not feel so alone in this journey.

15 Likes

Hi :wave:t3::people_hugging: hope you are safe and stay protected through the hurricane! And welcome. You will learn so much here and be blessed! I certainly have. :heart::grin:

10 Likes

Welcome @Lisset. I am a recent arrival as well and have already learned so much from this community. I have no doubt you will have the same experience. Blessings and I hope you are safe in the storm.

9 Likes

Merry meet :hugs: @Lisset Welcome home :infinite_roots:

I am Marsha, an eclectic solitary witch from Colorado. There’s a lot of information on this site, so a good place to start is with the Lessons If you have any questions, just ask Q&A Everyone here is very helpful and friendly so you are definitely in the right place to learn more and make new friends. I am looking forward to getting to know you better.

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

P.S. I hope you are safe and protected from hurricane :people_hugging:

8 Likes

Welcome @Lisset, please be safe during the storm! We have a few witches from that area. You can check out here: Where in the World are the Witches? GROUP POLL! 2022 :map:.

I’m Siofra_Strega. one of the moderators in the forum. I hope you have been able to get to the courses, there is a lot of great information, printables, videos, they are great & awesome for reference points.

If you have any questions on anything please feel free to ask in the #questions category, feel free to share with us too. We love to learn about people & anything that you may have found out or recently learned! So you have options for those #witchy-wisdom, #gen-discussion, & #recipes :smiling_face:

I look forward to learning with you & speaking with more! :infinite_roots:

8 Likes

Welcome :blush: I am new here too. About a month now. There is so much to read. So many lovely people who are so ready to answer your questions and just make you feel welcome. I look forward to each day to see what I am going to discover :blush:

Stay safe. Sending you and your family protective white light :two_hearts:

10 Likes

Hi @Lisset! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I’m hoping that Ian takes things easy on y’all but it doesn’t look like that’ll happen. If you still have power tomorrow, a great way to get to know people is through the Group Ritual tomorrow. All you need is a white or black candle and a cup of tea!

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you!

8 Likes

Hello @Lisset, I’m undomeher, from the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. Welcome, this is a great community!

Just a question, based on the title of your post: if you have decided to finally be yourself, who were you being before? Answering that might come in handy later on.

Blessed be!

9 Likes

Hello @Lisset welcome here. I’m John 35 from the Middle East & about to start my 3rd month here.

‘Tis a place you can really express yourself,
For me at least.

9 Likes

Merry meet @Lisset and welcome to the forum! :blush:

I saw the pictures and videos of the hurricane on the news this morning- I couldn’t believe my eyes! I pray that you and your loved ones are in a safe spot and that any damage there isn’t too bad :pray::candle:

Congrats to you for embracing your path- I hope that you enjoy your journey into the Craft and that your magick brings you much joy! Like others have said, you are among friends here. Feel free to reach out with any questions or even just stop by to chat- you’re always welcome here :infinite_roots: :two_hearts:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

8 Likes

Hello and welcome, @Lisset! We are a diverse bunch of helpful and fun loving witches and practitioners - the liminal space you’re experiencing with the hurricane is powerful and it’s no wonder you are drawn to explore and reach out to other like minded people.

I hope you find everything you seek and more and know someone will always be here to sound off or support your journey! Blessed be! :green_heart:

6 Likes

@Undomeher, That’s a wonderful question! I held myself back from following what I felt within me. Raised Catholic but alway felt empty spritually. Hidding my own beliefs from family (since childhood) as they thought I was being silly. I dedicated myself to my children after my husband’s death (no regrets being a stay at home mom) but along the way I stopped living my life and growing as a individual. I felt trapped and now that I am a empty nester, I feel free to began this journey in learning everything I can about Wicca. I AM SLOWLY BUT SURELY COMING OUT OF THE :broom: CLOSET. I see and feel a change within me lately and its because of all the information I am learning. I feel so free :dove:Its so hard to describe the feeling. I am literally in tears writing this and its a sense of relief too.

11 Likes

:blush: No need to try to describe the feeling. I think many of us have been there, and I definitely remember it.

8 Likes

Welcome to Spells8 @Lisset :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You’re not alone in dealing with Hurricane Ian :cyclone: He was supposed to hit us directly – I’m in the larger Tampa Bay area – but he decided to wobble at the last minute and move. We ended up with a lot of wind and rain but nothing as serious as Ft. Myers Beach :scream: That was horrifying to watch on TV!

I’m glad to hear that you’re finally living for yourself and being true to who you are! It’s such a freeing experience :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and many of us here can relate.

7 Likes

Hi I am from Florida too and we also got hit pretty hard by Ian. I’m from the Ft.Myers area and it totally destroyed our beach and total access to our beautiful Sanibel Island. When we lost power for the 5 days I was so happy I had a stack of witchy stuff to read lol I had a book on crystals and the psychic witch and candle magic and it was a great time to practice lol, what part of Fl do you live. I’m very new to this and would love to personally meet someone else that has the same interest that I do. I have so much to lean and I love this group because it really offers so much information and everyone is so willing to help you no matter how silly you think your question is. If you live close to the area and would you like to meet up that would be awesome. Here is my email wattywhatup@yahoo.com

7 Likes

I was also always into all of this since I was a child but never actively proceeded it. It is odd that I’m finally following what I feel in my heart because both my mother and brother are Wiccan however me and my brother were not raised by our mom and she really didn’t play a factor in our lives and we were not raised in any type of religion at all but yet my brother started following that path at a young age when he was probably around 16 and I was always interested in mystical things especially moon and stars and I remember seeing books of spells and witches in my brother room and a ouji board and I remember when I asked him about all of it he had said to me not to ever touch it or not to try and play with magic because you can really do some dangerous things, I never really thought much about actual magic or anything really like that again just because life had its own course. Then a few months ago I had met a physic and I received my first deck of tarot cards, it was in a basket she had with free gifts I got with a candle for being a guest on her YouTube channel and at the time I was having some money issues and she did a money ritual for me iiikand that got my interest flowing again, I have always known that I have some type of physic ability but just never knew what I felt was true because things just didn’t happen I guess like most who have the gift are I guess you can say. They only showed up when they wanted to and I guess I didn’t really know if it was just like lucky guessing or what lol. So now that I have time on my life is a little better situation I might as well go for it. So now I think I’m in every class that I see for tarot witches ect lol. I signed up for a tarot verification class and Crystal healer certification and a soul healer certification ect. The soul healer and crystal healer certification is all one 12 month course and so is the tarot course. I’m so glad that they take monthly payments and Afterpay lol. So since I’m the full time caregiver for my father I actually have a bit of time I’m trying to do classes all day lol. Thought I think I might have overwhelmed my self with all these classes lol because I can’t always remember what classes I have and I lose track of which ones to do when especially with my husband working from home. Some of the stuff I don’t want to do when he’s not working or is awake as he came from a very Christian family and I don’t know how happy he would be with me doing actual spells, he’s come around to some of the stuff like the tarot cards and the soul shift crystal master classes I think because I can get an actual recognized certification from them that I can use to work with paying clients. I’m thinking about maybe even opening my own crystal shop. I just hope I can finish everything as I’m bipolar and I have a bad habit that I start things and go all in and have to have every single things I need to do whatever my new project is and then I stop mid way through and never finish it. I have so many half done projects around my house like crocheting blankets I have like 3 unfinished ones laying around in my house And like 3 unfinished crystal diamonds pictures I started. I didn’t finish those because I used to work on those at work when it was slow but then I got laid off and I don’t have the space in my house to have all that laid out so it’s in the closet. Anyway I’m hoping that this is where my next journey is going to take me to be the person that I’ve always meant to be. I have always felt that I was put on here to do something special and help people in a profound way.

7 Likes

@MeganB I was thinking of you and your family! I wasn’t sure exactly where you were and I’m so happy to know you are all safe! :heart:

6 Likes

@SeleneMorgana I’m bipolar also and struggle at times with scattered projects but from my experience (and just hearing some others say the same), once you find your niche that your passionate about, it will help greatly. Not saying that you won’t still struggle, I definitely have my days lol, but it’s gotten way better and I can just laugh at myself about it now. Yep I’m the crazy herb, crystal, diy lady with projects all over… But my house is fun as all hell! :joy: I do have to throw in that I am also OCD about keeping it organized (I’m an accountant by trade) so I spend a lot of time making my areas look out together as living in chaos would just make me want too anxious! Walking contradiction, I know… But all that rambling was to support the point that you’ll find your groove. Just follow your intuition and stay true to you.

7 Likes

I saw the devastation the Hurricane Ian brought to the Ft. Myers area :people_hugging: I’m forever grateful but also dealing with a bit of survivor’s guilt because we were the ones supposed to get hit by Ian. I’m in the Tampa area. We were fully stocked and prepped to be without power for a week or two at least. I also had my books stacked and prepared, lots of yarn to crochet, and lots of water to drink.

Maybe we could meet up in the future but we’re a few hours apart at this point :sweat_smile: I’d love to meet up one day though!

(also, as a side note, this part of the forum is viewable to the public and I’m not sure if you want to keep your email up publicly but I will save it for myself)

5 Likes

@SeleneMorgana I am so sadden for all those affected in Ft. Myers. I am in the Tampa Bay area. We were suppose to get a direct hit but mother earth decided to gona different route. I will keep everyone affected in my prayers.
I would be happy to meet one day as well. I am new myself and definitely could use sone face to face guidance.

5 Likes