First Day in the Forum

Hi everyone! HAPPY OSTARA!

I’m Tracie. Recently moved to Portland, Oregon after a long life in (mostly Austin,) Texas. I was a solitary ecclectic for a long time and then started working with a small group of friends who were led into the practice a few years ago. Back to solitary with some digital support.

I am very into self-development structured around the lunar cycle and get too much delight in drafting habit trackers based around the moon phases. I also find a lot of enrichment in tarot and oracle work and I love blending teas and crafting blessing jars.

I look forward to meeting new people and building a community here.

17 Likes

Hello :wave: and welcome to the forum :infinite_roots: @tracie4

Thank you :pray: and Happy :hugs: Ostara :nest_with_eggs: to you! I love the eggs and crystals, and the very lovely altar! Thank you so much for sharing. I’m looking forward to seeing you around the forum!

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

8 Likes

Welcome to Spells8 & the forum! :hugs: I’m Siofra_Strega one of the moderators here at Spells8 & from Cape Cod. I lived in Dallas, TX when I was much younger & then Austin, TX for about a year & a half.

I love :heart: to read tarot & oracle too! I work with crystals & mostly Irish :ireland: Celtic :triquetra: practices. I like astrology :milky_way: & I’m learning more ways to work with herbs :herb: & oils. I really like fresh herbal teas :tea: & making my own incense. I do make wearable oils with herb infused oils & essential oils.

If you have any questions or anything to share with us, please feel free! We all love :heart: to learn & someone will be by to help you as soon as they can. Jump in on any topic you may come across or start your own :hugs:

I look forward to talking with you more through the forum :infinite_roots:

10 Likes

Welcome! What a beautiful altar

8 Likes

Welcome! You’ll love it here. :blush:

Also, I LOVE THE TIGER! :heart:

9 Likes

Oohh! :heart_eyes: Soo very welcome Tracie! :hugs: :heart: Happy Ostara to you tooo dear! And I just looooove your altar set up. I was awe struck the moment I saw it! Do you mind if I save/download this picture to keep with me in my gallery? :smiling_face: :innocent: :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Merry meet @tracie4,

I’m Bry, one of the moderators here in the forum and an Eclectic Witch- wishing you a very warm welcome! :heart:

It sounds like you have some wonderful magickal talents- and hooray for a fellow tea lover! :tea::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I would love to hear more about your tea blends and if you have any favorite teas/blends (if you’re okay with sharing that information!).

Please know that you are warmly invited to join any of the activities here in the forum- from weekly divination readings to group rituals, a weekly challenge and more!- as well as all discussions that interest you. Please make yourself at home here! :heart:

Hope to talk with you more soon- Blessed be and Happy Ostara! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Thanks for the reply and your sweet comment. I don’t at all mind if you save the pic. I’ve drawn so much inspiration from others, i love the thought of pushing that energy forward. :smiley:

7 Likes

I’m excited to respond more fully to your (and others’) comments soon, but I’m thinking I might need to familiarize myself more with the forum for more effective/appropriate posting. In the meantime, I’m sharing the tea I blended last night. I call it Purple Herbal for silliness sake. Red rasberry leaf, lemon balm, and lemongrass with butterfly pea flowers, edlerberries, rose hips, and other magical goodies blended with a bit of pineapple extract.

I would LOVE to talk tea and look forward to future discussions!

Gratitude for the warm welcome!

8 Likes

Hello and welcome, @tracie4 :wave:

My name is Megan, an eclectic witch and Celtic polytheist, and a moderator here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

I used to live in Oregon – an area close to Bend – until 2020 when we moved all the way to Florida! The weather is nice here, but the people suck sometimes. I miss the friendliness and open-minded side of Oregon. Florida is…well, it’s Florida :woman_shrugging: We moved for a good reason, but I do miss Oregon!

If you’re having trouble with any part of the forum, feel free to reach out and let one of us moderators know! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: We also have an entire post here that details several different tutorials we’ve written. You can find it here if you need more help → Forum How-To :speech_balloon: Guides for Using the Forum!

I look forward to seeing you around!

7 Likes

Hi @tracie4! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

It’s great to have you here! I love your nest! And the pic of the bunny behind it? So cute! I hope you are having a blessed Ostara.

The lovely and talented @MeganB gave you a line for finding your way around the forum, but if you need any help just give a shout and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you!

7 Likes

@tracie4 hello welcome to our company! here you will find a family to share joys and sorrows!
learn new things and you will make new friends! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

This sounds (and looks!) amazing, Tracie- goodness, what a blend! :heart_eyes: I think “Purple Herbal” is a very fitting name- I bet the butterfly pea flowers, elderberries, and rose hips really make the color extraordinary :purple_heart: :blush:

I know adding a bit of lemon juice to butterfly pea makes the color change- I wonder if the lemongrass or pineapple have the same effect? Although it might be hard to tell because of the presence of the other ingredients giving their own lovely color influences :rainbow: :grinning:

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful blend! :heart:

Oh, and did you come across the group tea time ritual for this week yet? If not, here is the link! You are warmly invited to join in for tea time if you’d like :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Much love and many blessings! :tea:

8 Likes

Hey Bry! Thanks so much for the link and the lovely thoughts. And yes! The butterfly flowers steep bright blue on their own and turn hot pink with an acid. Every blend I’ve tried with other botanicals brews to a rich purple (even with an acid like pineapple extract), but I havent experimented much since landing on this favorite blend with berries, and there’s still much to try. The *photo is from a few weeks ago - the last time i took a shot of the brew. :slight_smile:

*the many decks were for Palentine’s Day self-love readings for friends during a Zoom gathering. :smile:

I’m eager to check out the tea ritual link. I found the forums on the first of four crazy days at work and plan a long and proper visit this weekend. Grateful for the extra joy you brought to my morning. Thanks again for such a loving welcome.

Wishing you a blessed day! :heart::blue_heart::yellow_heart::blue_heart:

:heart:

9 Likes

I want to say to everyone that saying I look forward to “building a community” was a thoughtless and horribly poor choice of words. Y’all have built thriving community, and what I should have said was I look forward to contributing to and learning from enriching experiences and comversations.

8 Likes

Oh, I don’t think it was at all! :heart: Contributing to a community is helpful to building community, in my opinion. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Building a beautiful community takes everyone, and your contributions here are welcome and encouraged! :blush: No harm done!

8 Likes

Thank you for saying. It made me cringe when i read it the next day. :smile:

8 Likes

haha you’re welcome! I don’t think anyone took it in a negative light, either. You’re all good! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Such is the joy (or I should say one of the many joys!) of tea :grinning: Experimenting with blends is so exciting and you’re right- it seems like there is always more to explore!

Thanks again for sharing your brew and also your excitement for tea- it’s always such a delight to meet a fellow tea enthusiast! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :tea:

Oh, that sounds like fun! What a great way to celebrate the holiday :heart:

And sorry but I can’t help but admire your gorgeous teapot (I love the clear glass ones- they are so pretty, especially with one of those blooming tea flowers inside! :hibiscus:) as well as the stand. The blue and white design reminds me of Polish pottery- I love it! :teapot: :two_hearts:

The pleasure is all mine, Tracie- I hope you’ve been making yourself at home here!

Wishing the same to you- have a blessed day! :sparkling_heart: :blush:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.