First embroidery

I’ve done cross stitch a few times, so I decided to try embroidery. Instead of using a pattern I tried freehand. I know my stitches aren’t perfect. I’m rather proud of how this turned out, so I stapled it to a canvas and hung on the wall.

15 Likes

I think it looks great

5 Likes

That is gorgeous :heart_eyes: Great job!

4 Likes

Miss Raven, that is absolutely well done. I wish my hands worked well enough to still do hand crafts.

5 Likes

Nice job! It looks great!

5 Likes

very nice! :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Nice!! I started crocheting today and my grandma passed away and she left me some embroidery designs pictures and I cannot wait to try myself. I really like your work you are so creative and talented good job
Jeannie

7 Likes

This is GORGEOUS @Raven-Wolf, you’ve got quite a talent for embroidery! And free hand too! :heart_eyes: The letters in particular look amazing- those are really hard to do, especially without a pattern.

And what a coincidence, since the other day I discovered an embroidery loop laying around and felt an urge to give it a try! I love a bit of Knot Magick and figured Embroidery Magick is pretty closely related :blush:

I wanted to attempt a bee too but found that there was no yellow thread- a shame! :woman_shrugging: :honeybee:

I’m picking away at learning the basics for now- I’ve got a long way to go until I can make something as gorgeous as your wall display! :grin:

Thanks so much for sharing your magickal embroidery- it’s inspirational! :sparkles: :thread:

7 Likes

Thanks! While I was making it I was using the same chant/mantra I use when doing a protection knot spell.

I love how the two are intrinsically linked.

I really love that mushroom you made! Can’t wait to see what it looks like finished.

7 Likes

What are you talking about??? That looks great!!! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Awww thanks @Christina4! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And that’s a great idea to tie in protection with each stitch, @Raven-Wolf! :heart::thread: Hahaha I’ve got absolutely no direction with it, just experimenting! But I hope someday, with practice, I’ll be able to sit down and make a piece like you’ve crafted :blush::two_hearts:

6 Likes

@TheTravelWitch, you’ll get it, don’t worry. :slight_smile: I just whisper my intention over the floss I use. I do the same thing when I’m cooking, painting, sculpting, or even crocheting. Just a simple use of your will in that whisper should be enough to put the spell onto the medium you’re working with.

4 Likes

Thanks @Raven-Wolf! And that’s beautiful, you have a truly lovely technique :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Agreed- a touch of magick really does bring craft work of all kinds to the next level! :sparkles::blush:

3 Likes