First "Hello"!

Merry Meet! I’m an in the broom-closet, pisces, solitary witch, in the Chicago area. Very glad to have found Spells8 and the Infinite Roots Coven. I am revitalized by my practice and hope to be as encouraging to the community as it has been to me! Oddly enough, I can only cast and practice ritual during daytime hours, which is the only time I am alone, so moon magick requires a bit of creativity. Kind of tough for a witch!! But, I’m looking forward to all of your insights and discussions! Blessed be!

9 Likes

Hi @RedJoy! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I too cast during the day! Early morning hours really, but it’s all good. The moon is out then too, we just can’t see it. You do magic when you can, that’s all there is to it!

Keep an eye out for a post tomorrow called Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week. It’ll have all the activities we’ve got going on listed and you’ll be able to get to know people down in the comments section. That way you can join in on the fun!

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up and help you out. I look forward to getting to know you better!

7 Likes

Thank you so much Amethyst! I will be sure to join in on Monday and thanks for the reassurance regarding my daytime practice. I needed to hear that today!

7 Likes

You’re welcome! There are even sun witches who practice the phases of the sun. It’s all good!

6 Likes

Hi @RedJoy! I’m Siofra_Strega, a moderator in the forum, we briefly met earlier :wink: I’m from Cape Cod.

I’m not sure if I’m in or out or just straddling the threshold of the closet :rofl: I don’t bring it up, but if it comes up I am honest about being a witch. It’s kind of if you know then you know, if not then you don’t I suppose.

Most of the time I cast during the day :sun: because it’s when I have time to myself & I know I won’t be interrupted. Even my meditations :woman_in_lotus_position: are “Usually” sometime throughout the day or I just say I will be back in a bit, the longest a half an hour & close my door until I’m done.

I do have to get a little creative if I am doing something at night, unless it’s bringing items out under the Full Moon for a good cleanse & charge. (ie: crystals, jewelry, amulets, talismans, cards, etc…)

My family is very supportive, they will get me different gifts (usually crystals or bottles & jars) or make me things for my practice. As well as my friends that definitely know or friends that have only realized that I am an Empath with several different gifts.

Prior to joining Spells8, I thought I was just different & too “sensitive” about different things & just deja veux, knowing or feeling things from others & my gut feelings were always just really good.

My father & brother don’t know, they think I’m more of a celebrate the holidays for the commercialization but definitely not for “typical” religious reasons. I sort of just stopped going to church & the things that go with it after:

• I was confirmed through the Catholic :latin_cross: church. (my parents made sure my brother & I both were)
  • I moved away from home, I didn’t go into any church or practice Catholicism or any type of formal or traditional religion.

Although my 3 children are all baptized, once we lived away from my family & my Mom & Nana passed… my husband & I made the decision to let them choose what their beliefs are.

• My 23 year old practices Norse paganism & works with Odin as well as others from the Norse pantheon.
  • My 20 year old celebrates holidays mostly because of the commercial parts & calls them Hallmark Holidays.
  • My 13 year old… is curious about witchcraft/paganism so at times is very interested in what I do but still enjoys traditional holidays because who doesn’t like presents & decprations.

My last 2 haven’t “been” to a church since their baptism unless it was because one of their grandparents brought them when they went if the kids had stayed with them for the weekend or other vacation.

I openly do things around my house & yard though, including some decor. I have a pentacle chandelier that has 5 mini cauldrons hanging from each point that was made by my husband for me & it is hanging by my fire :fire: pit that I use a lot for things either during the day or at night when we are out there. My husband likes that in his words, “You always have something to add to the fire that smells good” :laughing:

I use diffusers in my bedroom & living room or simmer pots on the stove. I like to make oils & different sprays or waters.

I have also made up Protection from Draining Energies spell bags for my daughter to keep in her backpack.

So I guess I’m more out than in :rofl:

I am a Scorpio :scorpius: Sun :sun:, Virgo :virgo: moon :crescent_moon:, & Capricorn :capricorn: Rising/Ascendant :arrow_up:

I hope you enjoy it here in the coven :infinite_roots: Everyone here is very supportive & helpful. So feel free to ask any questions you may have or share any information with us. We love to learn new things.

Currently we have the :fehu: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - All About Runes that emds Tuesday morning at 7 AM EST if you would like to check it out & participate, feel free to do so!

:two_hearts:

6 Likes

Merry meet @RedJoy and welcome! :heart:

I know we talked a bit in your moon magick post, but it’s nice to meet you “officially”- wishing you a warm welcome! :blush:

I’m Bry, a moderator here in the forum and an Eclectic Witch with a love for travel. I’ve always wanted to go to Chicago, but haven’t made the trip yet! I’ve heard there is lots of great food (especially authentic Polish food! :drooling_face: )

I don’t think it’s odd at all, my friend- most of us have to find creative ways to make our magick work around busy schedules and lives. I truly believe that it’s your practice and that whatever works for you is the “right” way to do things. Wishing you all the best with your moon magick and casting, whenever you feel drawn or able to cast! :full_moon_with_face:

Please make yourself at home here! I’m looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Merry meet and welcome home :infinite_roots: @RedJoy

I’m Marsha, an eclectic solitary witch, from Colorado. It’s nice to meet you RedJoy! I’m mostly in the broom closet, more in that out. My sun :sun_with_face: is in Libra :libra: I’m looking forward to getting to know you better. Welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

5 Likes

Very nice to meet you @RedJoy and I welcome you to the coven! Whether a solitary practitioner, occasional or devout, or combined with another religion - and even in the closet, we all have similar experiences and you will most likely find you relate to someone here and definitely we learn from each other and from you! Merry meet! :purple_heart:

5 Likes