Flower Advice 🌺

Does anyone know what type of flower this is?? They’re growing like weeds in my yard and I’ve never seen them before.

8 Likes

I put the photo into the plant snap app and it says it’s a Dianthus species :heart:
Dianthus magical properties

9 Likes

It’s very pretty whatever it is! I wish I had some around here! I just found Violets in my front garden. I’ve never had them there before, but I remember one year at the bus stop with Peanut we had picked some & brought them home. I don’t remember planting them, but I remember her putting them down in the garden before she went in the house. So apparently they like it here. :rofl:

6 Likes

@Liisa to the rescue- it does indeed look like Dianthus! A really lovely flower, although it looks like there are hundreds of different varieties of Dianthus! :astonished:

The Gardening Channel website has more info about them in case anyone else is interested in learning more:
Dianthus

They are beautiful flowers to see- thanks for sharing, and enjoy your blossoms, Christina! :blossom::heart:

6 Likes

That’s funny!! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

They’re beautiful! But they they don’t have a distinct smell. I like smells :rofl:

5 Likes

Thanks so much for the great info!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pray:

4 Likes

We never have much for a dull moment around here. There is always something going on in this neighborhood. :rofl:

4 Likes

That’s good though :blush::heart: I wish my neighbors were nice enough to do anything around here worth doing.

4 Likes

Oh come visit me anytime you need something to do. At the very least now that the weather is getting nicer, the weekends will be busy here. Then once the summer really hits, we go out on the water for the day & come home to have a barbeque for dinner. :ocean: :motor_boat:

4 Likes

Oh, hell yeah!! That’s a plan Stan!!! We’ll talk :parrot: he popped up when I typed talk, how cute.

4 Likes

He is really adorable. :parrot: I like him. I’m going to find reasons to use him throughout the forum now.

3 Likes

I’ll use mine too!!! :parrot: He shows up red on my screen…???

3 Likes

I have a red bird too! But this one shows up green for me. :parrot: :bird: reminds me of a cardinal. Okay go work on your challenge! The knots won’t tie themselves!

3 Likes

I copied the picture that you printed out of the ritual itself from you. Not your knot :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: say that fast :joy:

3 Likes

Oh, that’s okay! I don’t mind sharing with my peeps! :stuck_out_tongue:

I just found out that the weather outlook for this weekend is a sad one. Thunderstorms & rain & gale warnings with flood statements. Boo! But my son did buy a box set of a show that him & I used to watch together, so I think I will buy some snacks for the marathon. If we get a thunder boomer, which I love, (we haven’t had a good one in a long time) I will open the bay window curtains & enjoy the show between shows! :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_lightning:

3 Likes

Movie night/day sounds fun!! I think I may have to do that too. It’s supposed to storm here too.

3 Likes

Most of it for us will be on Saturday, so I think it will be perfect to spend time watching movies/shows that we haven’t seen in a while. One time after 1 of my SI joint surgeries, we spent an entire weekend watching EVERY Scooby Doo mystery that has been released from the beginning until when I had the surgery. Between Netflix & OnDemand we just kept it going until we had watched them all. I hope I always remember that because I couldn’t get off the couch for a month & my family spent the weekend in the summer with me in the house watching them. Then we watched a Sharknado marathon because a new one was coming out on that weekend. :rofl:

3 Likes

What snap app do you use for identification?

4 Likes

I use Google Lens or iNaturalist… those are both really good to use. I walk around my yard snapping pictures of new things that pop up all the time :rofl: Or if I am out & about doing something I will try to figure out what the flowers or plants are around me. I can’t speak for @Liisa though, I’m not sure which app she uses.

4 Likes