Forest near the bay

Is there any forest or nice parks with woods and nature around the Bay Area? I want to go visit and take a walk but don’t know any

5 Likes

Hi @Vanessa13! :blush:

I’ve got loads of recommendations for the Massachusetts Bay Area, but I can’t say I’m familiar with any parks in California- sorry!

Any CA witches out there with nature recommendations? :national_park::sparkles:

2 Likes

Hi there!

So I’m not sure which area of the Bay you’re in (I’m assuming you mean California), but I just did a quick Google search on maps for national parks and came up with a large list of things in that general area. Try searching your area for national parks, forestry services, and trailheads! That’s how I found a lot of the places I went to when I lived in Oregon.

5 Likes

I have family in Oakland and I know the Redwood Park. The French trail is probably what you are looking for:

French trail

To the east of the bay there are regional parks that also have some woods/forest areas. For example Sunol:

The Ridge Trail in Presidio also has some woods:

Thumbnail

6 Likes

Wish I had parks like this to visit!! This looks beautiful :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you !

3 Likes

Oh my ! beautiful I will try to go on my day off I wish I saw this sooner I been tryin my best to study before my subscription is due because I’m not sure I’ll b able to pay it that day or the next but I will try my best to pay it ASAP I love this site lol

3 Likes

Check your notifications, I just sent you a message! :email:

2 Likes