Forum How-To 💬 Guides for Using the Forum!

You’re very welcome, @Medea! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It sounds like, despite the challenges you are currently facing, you are making the most of situation and finding creative ways to keep moving forward. Good for you- I hope things continue onwards and upwards in positive ways for you :pray::two_hearts:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

10 Likes

HI! I know we have users that are new or more active than others or even just curious, so I am just bumping this post for anyone that may have questions about using the functions in the forum! :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Bumping! :revolving_hearts:

We have a lot of new faces around the forum – how exciting! :clap: :tada: For anyone that’s struggling to learn the ropes or needs a tutorial, this is the post for you.

Let us know if you have any questions!

10 Likes

I’m so glad that I came across this, I have been wondering about a couple of those :heart: :unicorn: :relieved: :sparkles:

10 Likes

I’m glad I bumped it just in time! :heart:

10 Likes

But I still can’t figure out how to create a hyperlink to a spell :woman_facepalming:t2:

10 Likes

That’s it, I give up

9 Likes

To create a hyperlink, you need the URL.

For example, I can put the URL for your reply here.

https://forum.spells8.com/t/forum-how-to-guides-for-using-the-forum/19894/23?u=meganb

and then the forum will turn it into a link like this.

Forum How-To 💬 Guides for Using the Forum! - #23 by Nixi

Or I can use the forum coding thing (words are escaping me right now) to make it look the way you want.

[Here is my link](https://forum.spells8.com/t/forum-how-to-guides-for-using-the-forum/19894/23?u=meganb)

and that turns into this!

→ [Here is my link](https://forum.spells8.com/t/forum-how-to-guides-for-usin

9 Likes

Test run
Https://forum. Spells8.com/t/forum/pure light/19894/23?u

8 Likes

Nope :woman_facepalming:t2: Uuugh

8 Likes

I quit I’m putting the name of the spell I used for the challenge or by type I only used one as an outline

8 Likes

@Nixi Hi! I will send you a more detailed message if this is too confusing… I’m currently on my phone…

Whenever you see the little chain… if you click on it (like for a topic or specific reply) it will give you the option to copy it…

In the reply box theres a little chain… 4 over from the left.

Put the web address in the top box. Then what you it to say in the bottom box & hit okay.

Or in the top box type the name of the topic you are looking for & from the list click the one you want & it will prefill with the link for you.

8 Likes

It just took me 5 minutes to figure out what the bottle off water in my hand was and how to open it.
I’ll have to just to write the name and it somebody had to fix it in sorry but my brain is not fully working yet

11 Likes

No worries, Nixi! :heart: It’s totally okay – if you’re trying to add a link in for the challenge I’m sure one of us moderators will find it and add a link. Please don’t stress yourself out about it – everything is a-okay! :blush: :+1:

10 Likes

I did what I think is exactly the way described but I must be doing something wrong and I can’t find it
At this point I can’t even remember the name of the spell and can’t find it no matter what I search.
I just posted my entry using a description and there’s a picture. I figure it’s easy to recognize and late enough in the challenge that it will be easy to find and easy to fix

9 Likes

That’s absolutely okay, Nixi! :heart: We understand your situation and that you are trying your best- and that’s the most anyone can ever do. Thank you very much for your effort- no worries from here! Feel free to post whatever you can and we’ll handle any edits from there :handshake: :blush:

Lots of love and blessed be!

8 Likes

Thank you :sparkles:

8 Likes

You’re welcome! :heart:

Blessed be :sparkles:

9 Likes

Bumping this post as an important edit regarding forum categories has been made :blush: Please see below!

8 Likes

There are a lot of new folks getting started (welcome! :heart:) so bumping this post- it has a lot of helpful advice and tips for using the forum!

9 Likes