Full Moon Oil (Late)

I wanted to know if Moon oil is meant for the full moon can I still try to do it tomorrow night because today I am not prepared? Is it still going to be okay?

6 Likes

Hello @Jeannie1!

This is going to depend most on how you feel about- but I personally say yes, it will be fine! :+1:

The day of the Full Moon is when the moon is 100% illuminated. The next day it is labeled as a Waning Gibbous- but it is still 98-99% illuminated (depending on the exact time of the full moon the day before). The light has only decreased by a tiny fraction! You can check the exact percent of the moon’s current illumination on the Moongiant Calendar :full_moon:

Looking up at the sky with your naked eye the day after a full moon will look exactly the same as the full moon. To me, I consider that extremely close to being full and still possible to draw energy from.

But keep in mind that if you personally feel that once the full moon begins waning, the energy can longer be accessed- that will carry over into your spellwork. Remember, your intent is the most powerful ingredient in any magic you do! :sparkles:

In this case- you can still make your moon oil! Instead of using the properties of the full moon, consider drawing on the different energies of the Waning Moon- the benefits of the moon as it moves towards a New Moon :new_moon:

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas-750x500

Good luck with your moon oil and blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

My thoughts are exactly what @BryWisteria said!

You can still prepare the Full Moon Oil the day after. In the end, it’s up to you how critical you want to be about the Moon being 100% full.

5 Likes

I feel like sometimes I just have to go back to the basics!
It’s like I need to plan better! I wonder if I ever going to be able to apply everything I know! Just to let you know I have a learning curve! I have a hard time learning but with dedication and practice I suppose I”ll get to be a good Witch someday! Thanks for always helping me even when I have to go back to first base! I think I’ll go back !
Going to watch more videos and do some training!!
Blessed be
Jeannie

4 Likes

@Jeannie1 I can confidently say you are already a GREAT witch! :heart: There are no worries at all about skipping a moon phase- after all, there will be another full moon in just a few weeks! :full_moon:

Life is busy and full of excitement- everyone can only do as much as they can. Go easy on yourself if you have to skip a phase and wait until the next one comes. Everybody misses things at times- I know I sure do! :laughing:

The most important thing is that you take care of yourself- this means taking breaks and forgiving yourself sometimes :hugs: Sometimes after waiting a bit, you can come back and prepare for the next moon phase or event with more energy than you would have had before! :sparkles:

You’re doing awesome Jeannie! :clap:

4 Likes

Travel Witch,
Your right I am hard on myself thanks I’m glad I keep it real that way in every day life I won’t be that way! Thanks for being a great friend and person. I just wanted to let you know all the craft is helping me in every day life cause know I remember to put my creativity to play during the day! I can’t wait for results!
Jeannie
Blessed be

5 Likes

You’re very welcome, @Jeannie1- thank YOU for all your brightness and positivity that you bring :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I can see that your magick is bringing some great things into your life- your crafts and pictures you share are always so beautiful :two_hearts:

May your magick continue to bring joy and love to you and all those around you :sparkling_heart:

Blessed be!

4 Likes

I just made the oil, I am going to wait for the next Full Moon to charge it which I believe is December 29th according to Google lol. Here is my bottle of oil. Kind of large but it is a repurposed Holy Anointing oil bottle from the Catholic Church I used to go to. I have several of them that have been washed and cleansed. :slight_smile: Former Catholic but that is another story for another time.

I did an awesome positive energy meditation this morning and had tea ritual earlier but I am not tired. Must have been that 2 hour nap after lunch at 2 pm that did it. :wink:

6 Likes

It looks beautiful, @Magdelina- nicely done! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

@BryWisteria Thanks. I love blending oils. I even added a few drops of rose, jasmine, and cinnamon to the mix. It smells wonderful. I can’t wait to use it.

4 Likes

I can smell it from here! It looks great :+1: Excellent job @Magdelina!!

5 Likes

:relaxed: :blush: Thanks @Francisco Hubby loved it so asked me to make him some as well.

5 Likes

Hi I’m sorry for using this thread but I am old and cannot figure out how to start a new thread LOL I have a question about moon phases and casting. I need to pass something to release the old and the negativity I wanted to hit the full moon last night but I missed it because I fell asleep today it’s already into the waning. Will that affect what I need to do

5 Likes

I used talk-to-text and that should have said CAST something not PASS something

5 Likes

Blessings to you, @susan8. I moved your question to this topic. I’ll link to @BryWisteria’s response, too. I hope this answers your question. :grin:

3 Likes

Hi Susan, I encourage you to cast your spell tonight! The Moon is right there between Full and Waning. And with your intention of releasing both are good lunar times to do so.

If you search “release” on the Forum or just click here instead, you will find ideas to inspire you in your ritual.

Blessed Be! :full_moon:

4 Likes

Thanks so much! I knew waning was good for releasing negativity but full gets the best bang for the buck so to speak… And I’m pretty sure it was a blue moon i missed!!! Darn need for sleep lol

3 Likes