Future herbs. Believing these will survive

So, I have started my herb garden. I have lavender, yarrow, oregano, rosemary, thyme, fennel, cilantro, basil,

sage and anise. I also have borage(on top of fridge).

9 Likes

Lovely! And I see you have a helper there in the window. Very cute!

6 Likes

Thank you. His name is Aby. It is an acronym for :peach::hole: biting you​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Lovely baby garden and the best of herbs. I’m glad you included lavender
Lavender ointment from Phoebe Goulder 1890-1970
3T lavender flowers & grind to fine powder.
Blend powder into a pre-bought ointment or moisturizing cream. My great aunt used Crisco but you can make your own with Shea butter or Cocoa butter. You can experiment to make it as luxurious as you want. Place mixture in air-tight container & keep in fridge. Keeps up to 3 wks.
This is a very old and invaluable ointment for use in case of insect bites or skin rashes. Works with dry skin and eczema to sooth and heal. It also helps to reduce bruising after an accident.
Garnet

8 Likes

Hee! I had an AB, can’t remember why it’s been so long ago. He was a black cat too!

7 Likes

Love Your herb garden … You inspired me to start a small garden​:purple_heart::purple_heart:

8 Likes

Awesome. Aby is actually a tuxedo cat. He has a white chin, chest, and 4 white ‘socks’ :relaxed:

8 Likes

Ah, thank you. May your garden grow large😁

8 Likes

I can’t wait to repair & start our garden in the greenhouse this year. The blizzard drop a branch through the top of the greenhouse we have next to a garden. I’ve never tried to start them indoors though! I’ll have to see which windows get the most sun during the day! :smiling_face:

8 Likes

I be he’s just as cute from the front as he is from the back! :black_cat:

7 Likes

yes he is :grin:

8 Likes

Ta-dah! :star_struck: Look at that lovely baby garden, ready to grow! :seedling: Congrats to you, @flowing- I know it’s quite a bit of work to put it all together. May everything you planted grow strong and thrive this year! :sun_with_face: :sparkles:

Omg :joy: Aby looks (and sounds lol) like he could be a cousin to the little gremlin we have here :black_cat:

Seeing your beautiful garden, I’m feeling inspired! Most of the seedling trays and soil are out in the gardening shed- I wonder if it’s all frozen or if I could start a bit of planting myself.

You’re an inspiration, Flowing! Thanks for sharing :blush::green_heart:

8 Likes

They look very much alike. Aby has the same white patch.

7 Likes

Awww, even in the pictures they both look like they’re just waiting for you to get closer, little danger floofs! :joy:

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: yes, he likes to ‘attack’ my husband.

7 Likes

Kitty cousins! Related through looks and a shared desire to bite :black_cat: :joy:

Hahaha I had to laugh at this- “danger floof” is such a great name for him!! Congrats, little gremlin, you’ve earned yourself a new nickname :joy::+1:

4 Likes

Oh my gosh yes he is a beauty :purple_heart:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.