FYI - Michaels clearance event!

Just wanted to pop in quickly to say that Michaels is having a clearance event online and in store. A lot of items are 70% off. They have real gemstones in the beading, floral, and home decor sections. And lies of other cute stuff!

11 Likes

Ooo… I love Michael’s… How did I not know about this!!! I will have to share this information with my crafty friends too! Sometimes when they do these, our store does a boxing event where you pay $5 for a pretty good-sized box of all kinds of things they need to move out of the store. I got 2 cup turners for when I seal the vinyl on the cups or do resin casting!

7 Likes

Oh, thank you! I’m gonna have to check out their website and see what kind of yarn might be on clearance :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Nice! They also have a 20% of regular priced item with code 22MadeByYou. I just ordered 12 charms and bracelet/necklaces to make me some new items. It was only $44.29 before my $20 voucher and I can go pick it up from the store later today - so I don’t impulse buy more lol.

7 Likes

There was quite a bit when I glanced.

5 Likes

Thank you for tip! Going to check it out now

7 Likes

Most welcome! I get the more common gemstones from them. They also have great stuff at Halloween time.

5 Likes

I wish we had a Michaels! All I have is Hobby Lobby and I refuse to spend money there.

5 Likes

I am with you there. I had to shop there back in my hometown and I would walk in laughing that I was using their items for witchcraft or gay pride decorations. Now that I am in Houston and have more options, I refuse.

7 Likes

LOL! That would be funny if they asked what you were using it for and you told them it was for this nifty spell you were putting together! I can just imagine the looks on their faces!

6 Likes

It has happened! Like I said small town, my Dad knows everyone and I look like him so they immediately recognize me as his daughter. Some lady that knew him I don’t know how (let’s just say he’s a foul mouth hippy biker) was working and saw me in the candle section. She came over to chat. After a minute she asked if I was decorating my house and I said no, I was looking for some candles for my altar to Hades and for a banishing spell. She went white, was “Uh…um…well, have a nice day.” and quickly walked aways! It was priceless!!

7 Likes

I bought a bunch of quartz, rose quartz, sodalite, green quartz – the ones in the jars in the decor section. 70 percent off now. Should be about 2.50/3.00 for a pound of stones. Planning to use for crystal grids!

8 Likes

I saw so much yarn on sale when I went into today. Lots of crafts sets for kids. they marked down some rock painting sets (rocks, paint jar and all) to 79 cents today! I bought a bunch of craft stuff for all the kids I babysit :slight_smile:

7 Likes

OMG! I bet her face was priceless! :rofl:

7 Likes

70% off at Michaels!?!?! :scream: Now that’s some good news- I’ll have to make a trip over either today or tomorrow!

Thanks so much for the great tip, @Amaris_Bane! :heart::raised_hands:

5 Likes

You know, I’ve always said that this ^^ is the exact way to normalize paganism and polytheism. I had a similar experience where I was buying flowers and the cashier was asking me about them. I said I was buying them for my altar at home for Imbolg and the goddess Brigid and the cashier was just like…what? If no one ever hears about it then it can’t be normalized. Good on you for being honest about it! :clap:

My sister-in-law and I went yesterday and I got a big ol’ bag full of yarn! I’m so excited :partying_face: I got a lot of this eco-friendly kind where it’s either made from recycled plastic, acrylic, or polyester. I think I’m going to create a video for my crochet channel going over what I got lol

7 Likes

I’m no longer allowed to buy yarn, but I saw a bunch on sale too at ours. I have a 55 gallon tote FULL of yarn plus a duffle bag. In my defense I did have a manager give me a trash bag full of different yarns & another friend would find full or just about full skeins of yarn at thrift stores & pick them up for me at $0.25 a skein… so I’m banned from that section :rofl::joy:

7 Likes

If you ever want to offload some I’m here! :laughing: I’ll pay you, of course, but I could always use more yarn! I actually just filmed a yarn haul video for my crochet channel of what I got yesterday when I went shopping :joy:

Edit: Here’s the video for anyone that wants to see it lol

8 Likes

Thats about the size of the bag i have too!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.