Gaia's Wisdom Essences Mary Magdalene - Womb Collection

Gaia’s Wisdom Essences Mary Magdalene - Womb Collection
My wife wanted this product for menopause but I’m in the UK and can’t find it anywhere outside USA. Does anyone know if it is available in the UK and what are its ingredients?
Is there something similar in the UK?

8 Likes

Hello @robin3 :wave:

I did some checking around with their website and it looks like the product is available in the UK. The shipping is really expensive – USPS really doesn’t want us to ship out of the country (that’s just me being cynical lol I don’t know if that’s true or not). The product itself is probably a proprietary blend of ingredients and it isn’t listed on the website or bottle. The unfortunate part of that is you probably won’t be able to find the ingredients unless you directly ask them. You could try that, but unfortunately, they don’t have to tell you what’s in their product.

I might be able to find something similar or recommend different ingredients to try if you could provide a bit more information on what the product is used for.

6 Likes

She wants to add some drops into a neutral base body lotion and rub it into her tummy

6 Likes

I took a look at the website too, and it’s curious that there is no list of ingredients on the product pages :thinking: . In the herbalism courses I’ve taken, they make a point that all herbal products sold for consumption (aka taken internally) must adhere to certain labeling laws, as outlined by the US Food and Drug Administration.

Herbal supplements are regulated under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA), which requires manufacturers to evaluate the safety and labeling of products prior to marketing (Food and Drug Administration, 2022a). They must also meet all the requirements of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as amended by DSHEA and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations. Herbal supplement labels are required to include a statement of identity (e.g., “dietary supplement”), net quantity of contents, “Supplement Facts” label, ingredient list, and name and place of business of the manufacturer, distributor or packer with a domestic mailing address and/or telephone number (Food and Drug Administration, 2005).

From the National Library of Medicine

I’m not a lawyer or a professional expert on these laws, but to the best of my knowledge, in order to legally sell herbal products meant to be consumed in the US (may be different in other countries), they need to supply the list of ingredients. The fact that it isn’t on the product page is worrisome.

I’ve been buying quite a few herbal tinctures and supplements lately (in addition to my herbal teas!) and I only purchase those with clear and upfront ingredient labels. In my eyes, hiding the ingredients is not only a violation of labeling laws, but a sign of distrust and sketchy business practices. If they can’t be bothered to follow the labeling rules, who knows where they are getting their herbs from, or what kind of quality they are? :worried:

Personally, I would recommend visiting a local herbalist or local herbal shop and asking for their recommended menopause products. This way, you’ll be able to talk directly with an herbal professional to find a mix that works best for your wife and her unique body needs, and as a bonus, you won’t have to worry about crazy shipping costs! :grinning:

Just my two cents offered up for your consideration. I hope that, whatever you do, you’re able to find a great product that helps your wife. Wishing you both all the best- blessed be! :sparkles:

3 Likes