G'day from down under

Hey everyone, I’m so excited to be starting on my witchcraft journey here! I was wondering if anyone had any book suggestions for baby witches for long car or train rides… I’m interested in astrology and it’s connection to witchcraft as well as learning about elemental magic quite a bit, but of course I’m new and I’m sure there’s tons of different ways of practicing I’ve never heard of yet.
Tyia!

3 Likes

Hey there @jaimie - glad to have you here! The one book I always recommend for anyone just starting out with paganism, if that’s your thing, is Althaea Sebastiani’s book Paganism for Beginners (this link will take you to my review of the book). It is super inclusive, easy to read, and full of amazing information.

As far as witchcraft books, that’s really going to depend on exactly what you’re looking for. If you’re interested, I actually have a podcast and a YouTube channel where I talk about witchcraft and paganism! You can also take advantage of the courses and resources available here on Spells8 as well as resources available to you through Sacred Texts.

Is there anything in particular that you’re interested in? That would help me steer you in a good direction.

3 Likes

Hi @jaimie! It’s great to have you here!! :pray: :australia:

I posted a few recommendations over here: Best Books for Beginner and Advanced Wiccans :books:

Specifically for Elemental Magic, I can recommend you Practical Elemental Magick by David Rankine and Sorita D’Este. It’s a good introduction to the topic with lots of information.

Feel free to explore the forum and comment on any topic you like!

Merry Meet!! :sparkles:

3 Likes

hi! thank you so much, I checked out your review and have added Paganism for Beginners to my shopping cart :slight_smile: I’ve been looking into cosmic witches because I’m interested in the constellations, zodiac and solar system if you happen to know of any resources for further information.

2 Likes

hi !! I just went through your recommendations and have definitely found a few I’d like to check out, thank you! The Practical Elemental Magick book also sounds like something I’d want to read as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome and Merry Meet, everyone here is very helpful, and to get answers to the questions you have all you need to do is ask, I hope you enjoy it here!

1 Like

A very warm welcome to you, @jaimie! :sparkling_heart:

These are great aspects to get involved in! :star_struck: You may be interested in learning about different types of astrology (such as the Western moon/star/sun signs and Eastern Chinese Zodiac)- take a look at Astrology: East and West!

a47732f04e896cd1a8817bb5336d31c038ca49aa_2_775x547

Cosmic energy and astrology are very popular areas of magick- feel free to browse topics in the forums to see what others have been practicing! :milky_way::mag:

Also, feel free to check out this week’s challenge- it’s on a theme I think you will enjoy! :star2: We have a challenge each week here in the forums in order to help encourage and inspire magickal practice :sparkles: I invite you to take a look and give it a try! :blush:

And of course, please feel free to reach out at any time with questions, thoughts, or experiences you’d like to share- we all have so much to learn from each other! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You are very welcome here, Jaimie! Blessed Be :heart: