Going to build a little herb box so excited!

Hi everyone, so i have been wanting to build a herb chest/box for sometime and finally found the perfect one. This is the box i brought and very inexpensive at $25 too:

Source: Beserk

I also went and brought a little herb set (30 for $30). Although i have a nice little collection here:

I wanted to get a better variety and this Australian based seller on Etsy was perfect for some little bottles:

Source: Herb Set Witch Spell Herb Kit Witchy Herbs Beginner - Etsy Australia

I am thinking about setting it up similar to this:

Source: Apothecary Natural Healing Kit for Witchcraft Herbalist - Etsy Australia

15 Likes

Whoa. Very witchy looking! It’s nice.

6 Likes

I am so happy for you!! This is very cool!! :slight_smile: Herb boxes are wonderful!! That is a very nice box you found for your herbs!

7 Likes

Thank you. I was originally hoping to get a triple moon one but i wanted a larger box and saw this tree of life one which is perfect. Will be so cute with the herbs in little glass bottles with labels. Can’t wait to set it up! I love putting things together rather than buying complete things it gives the items so much more vale knowing you had to buy, wait for the items to come, then put them all together and the cleanse them :blush:

8 Likes

Yes was looking for an antique trunk actually but this is very classy and love wooden boxes they have a nice feel to them :blush:

7 Likes

That’s such a cute idea! :heart_eyes: I think it’s a great way to store your herbs when you’re not using them. It’s cute, fancy, plus it keeps them out of the sunlight :sun: so they stay better longer!

8 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch thats super pretty, but would NEVER fit all of my herbs. Lol. Last count was 104. But i recently received more. So who knows.

8 Likes

Super fun! I like it a lot @TheMuslimWitch !

7 Likes

Wow! My goodness you should open up a little herb shop :blush:

7 Likes

wow, so BEAUTIFUL!!
Please, when you receive it, post a photo!!

7 Likes

Definitely! It will be my pleasure… I was actually just thinking about what type of labels i would like to put on them (obviously they are needed or i will forget many of the ingredients). Maybe something classy and a with a antique feel perhaps… :blush:

7 Likes

That looks amazing! Mine are sandwich bags in a drawer. I need an intervention! LOL. Maybe I can find something like your set-up, I just love it.

8 Likes

@mary25 mine used to be in baggies. Now jars in a large cabinet, hubs found on walmart.com for $70.

6 Likes

When i started out just hoover a year ago, i painted a little draw black with moons and stars on it and i can tell you i soon after had no more room for herbs in there. Right now mine are in little glass jars, in their packets and in that draw. I so need to organise as well

6 Likes

@mary25 see this is the cabinet

I have about 30 more that a friend just sent me, we trade off or we go in halvsies. Like she wanted hops, well its $33 a lb. And i needed some too. So we split it. I have awesoke herb suppliers. So she just has me order it and i send her, her half.

She couldn’t get over my mugwort. Hers always looked like saw dust. Ummmmmmm no.

8 Likes

It’s beautiful- what a lovely box for your herbs! :herb: :blush:

I am loving the bottles (there’s something addicting about glass bottles and jars, I swear :jar: :laughing:) and the labels are super cute too!

As a friendly tip, if you plan to store the bottles in a deep container (like a box or pull out cabinet) I highly recommend putting the labels on top of the bottle/jar lids- either putting the sticker there or writing the name of the herb in a permanent marker/pen. Otherwise it will look great but be a nightmare trying to find anything (speaking from experience here lol)

Whatever you choose to do, I’m sure it will be amazing! Have fun with your herbs, @TheMuslimWitch! :green_heart: :blush:

Your herb cabinet is the stuff of legends, @Mistress_Of_Herbs :heart_eyes: I feel like I could obsess over all the fun jars and bottles and the amazing herbs they hold for hours- what an amazing resource! :herb: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

That is an awesome idea. So cool that you could both share :blush:

5 Likes

First thing i did. I purchased 36 bottle but not enough i still have herbs everywhere (different ones) but this is the progress so far:

Will add another 36 bottles since that’s around how many more I can fit… The labelling I chose reminds me of that scene in Alice and Wonderland where she drinks that little potion to make her shrink… can’t stop thinking about it lol :joy:

7 Likes

It’s looking amazing! :star_struck:

Oh my goodness you’re right! :laughing: :+1: It’s certainly not a bad association though- Alice’s bottle was very cute, and yours are just as adorable! :jar: :sparkles:

6 Likes

Thank you. They didn’t have any sticky labels that suited so i decided to go with these labels :blush:

6 Likes