Good luck and protection on my path spell jar

So I was thinking about doing the Good luck and protection spell jar listed on spells8 but after looking at the spell for what I need I am curious if I can substitute anything for rue and also for black tourmaline. I thought perhaps @christina4 might have a suggestion for something I could use in place of the black tourmaline but I’m having trouble finding a substitute for rue. Anyone have any ideas? I know rosemary is a universal substitute but as the spell already calls for rosemary if I were to use it as the sun for rue would I just double the amount used or should I find something else entirely?

9 Likes

I found this so far, which doesn’t help much… Ill keep looking.

SmartSelect_20211016-111147_Brave

7 Likes

I think just about any plant can be substituted for rue if you’re wanting it to mean the Sun. After all, plants need the sun to grow. I looked in my Compendium for rue but it wasn’t listed, which is odd. It usually lists everything. Sorry I couldn’t help more.

8 Likes

@Amethyst that’s ok. I think @Temujin_Calidius may be onto something. I had already considered using rosemary as a substitute but wasn’t sure if I was supposed to just double up on it or what but adding a dash of black pepper to it sounds perfect for the type of spell it is. And I’m thinking perhaps my Apache tear will work in place of the black tourmaline but I’m gonna wait to see what @christina4 recommends. I’m pretty sure i I need to I can wait till tomorrow night. Probably will anyway because spells8 says that it’s best performed on a Saturday night BuT thank you @Temujin_Calidius cause that was a great idea with the rosemary and black pepper

9 Likes

I think adding the black pepper will be a good thing to do. At the time I wrote the spell I had just gotten some rue from a specialty shop here on the Cape.

I remember when I did this for the first time & that it was quite helpful & I would say successful. I’m happy that you are able to use it to suit your needs too! :heart: :infinite_roots:

9 Likes

@Siofra I didn’t know this was your spell. Is there Anything you would suggest me using in place of the black tourmaline? That’s a stone I haven’t gotten yet

8 Likes

I will have to go with what @Siofra said as well as @Temujin_Calidius black pepper would be next in line as the substitute for Rue.

There are a few crystals that can be used in place of the black tourmaline, such smoky quartz or black obsidian. They might be others but that’s all I can think of for now of the top of my head. @christina4 can add more options to assist. Hope this helps ?

9 Likes

@phoenix_dawn For the black tourmaline substitution, you can probably replace with something of a similar protectice energy and that is also black e.g. Black Obsidian or Apache tear like you mentioned.

9 Likes

@Francisco I’m going to use the Apache tear but I also have a couple of smokey quartz so I think I may try that like @NickWick suggested and just as an added boost of luck for my new beginnings I decided that I will also use one of my moonstone pieces as well. I’m hoping that it doesn’t change the desired outcome too much as all of those stones will align with closely withe my Intentions.

Thanks guys for all your help. It’s been a while since I’ve been this stumped on spell work so I’m excited for the opportunity to work something a little on the challenging side

10 Likes

Clear quartz will replace any crystal that you don’t have. It’s like rosemary with herbs.

7 Likes

Oh I just talked to you lol @phoenix_dawn

7 Likes

Now I know what else to add to your box when it ships lol

7 Likes

Girl that thing is going to be like Christmas morning if you keep adding to it :laughing: you’re amazing though and I can’t wait to see all the love you send us.

7 Likes

:joy: haha. I enclosed the first one already so I might have to open it up and place everything in a bigger box or just send two boxes out. Lol

7 Likes

Hahaha… Sorry that I am late to respond @phoenix_dawn but I would use Clear Quartz and/or Hematite or Smokey Quartz. Apache Tear would be good too.

@christina4 mentioned a good thing, Clear Quartz can be substituted for any stone. So that would be my first choice. Except that I would add another protection stone with it like the Hematite or Apache Tear or Smoky Quartz.

Yes, I wrote the spell last year kind of near the beginning of my journey I guess, to keep safe & be able to move through the things facing me with more ease. I had more than a few things going on at the time I started out. Seems to be a theme of my life lately. Krissie117 is me before I changed it to my witch name.

I suggested stones based on what I own & have used. I tried to give another option because you may not have the same stones that I do

6 Likes

@phoenix_dawn I don’t know why I didn’t think of this before, but I have extra rue if you would like me to send you some so you don’t have to substitute it. Totally up to you, I just know that it can be hard to come by in some places & is used in a couple of spells on the site at least. Let me know either way! I am happy to help you out if I can.

5 Likes

Is it Syrian Rue? That stuff combined with a specific Acacia plant (containing DMT) will send you to alter-dimensions for 6+ hours as it acts as a MAO inhibitor (used for depression treatment) which prevents your gut from breaking down the DMT contained in Acacia when consumed orally.

Sorry, can’t help myself. This is my area of expertise :stuck_out_tongue:

Tem

6 Likes

No… it isn’t that… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: this is from the Caribbean area by way of Cape Cod.

6 Likes

Off the top of my head I believe rosemary is a universal substitute for other herbs.

4 Likes