Good vibes needed please!

In just under an hour I’m giving a talk to a local university for LGBT+ History month and I’m somewhat nervous. Could you please send me positive vibes?

12 Likes

Of course! I’m sure you’ll do well! Sending you lots of love and light!

7 Likes

From looking at the time, I bet you’re giving the talk right now, @IrisW- sending lots of positive energy and encouragement your way as you stand in the spotlight! :raised_hands: :star2:

That is so amazing of you to give the talk for LGBT+ History month, what a great thing to do! I am sure the students and all those attending will enjoy your talk as I know you will put your heart and soul into it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Good luck and many blessings, Iris! :heart::rainbow_flag:

7 Likes

Thank you both. It went really well!

9 Likes

OOh, that’s great! I’m so proud of you!

5 Likes

I’m sorry I missed this, I would send you all the light you need, but it sounds like you did a great job! I’m very happy for you to be able to do public speaking on the topic at the University. Great job!

4 Likes

So glad to hear it went well, @IrisW- congrats to you on your successful talk! :partying_face: :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Congratulations @IrisW!! Now I’m curious, what were the topics? I’d love to learn more about LGBT+ history!

5 Likes

Sorry I didn’t see this before you gave your talk, but I am sending high vibes your way anyway. I’m so glad it went well! :hugs: :heart:

5 Likes

I should have said!

The talk was for the Law School at the University. As many of you know I’m a Solicitor (Lawyer). I’m also a committee member of The Law Society’s LGBT+ Lawyers Division. So the talk was about my experiences of being out in the profession, my work with the committee and the Pride in the Law report that was published last year resulting from a survey on LGBT+ solicitors and our allies’ experiences in the profession. So more really a history of me and current approaches to effecting change.

I’m been a qualified solicitor for 15 years now and much has changed from an equality and diversity point of view in that time but I know some of my fellow lawyers are still struggling with prejudice and homophobia.

5 Likes

15 years, wow! Congratulations! and I’m glad that progress is being made and that you don’t have to be in the closet in your everyday job. Cheers!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.