Great day on Friday

Wanted to share that I had such a great day on Friday. Had the house to myself and it is my wife’s birthday on Sunday so I spent the day making a healing salve, for a gift for her along with putting it into an antique tin. Called the quarters worked cleaned created closed the circle just a really nice day of it all. Only discovery on anyone’s part was that bowl of stones sitting due North… Broomclosets don’t you know. It will leak out sooner or later of course. Just wanted to share the fun times with the rest of the group.

12 Likes

@jim at least it was just a bowl of stones which could easily be excused as something you just thought was pretty. A few months ago I had to call police out to the hotel I was residing at to file a police report because someone had broken into my room and stole my wallet amongst other things. I had completely forgotten that the night before was a full moon and I had little glass vials filled with moon salt and baggies of herbs from my local metaphysical shop scattered out on the desk that I was using as my altar. The police kept picking up all my tools and ingredients and looking at me like I was a drug kingpin and I had to explain that I’m a witch and they were herbs and salts and I would be happy (but no too happy) to let them field test anything they wanted to prove that I’m just a witch and not a cartel drug runner :woman_facepalming:t3:
I’m sure you’re wife will love her salve and it’s very sweet that you spent the day working on a gift for her. Kudos, sir! Chivalry may not be dead after all. I’m glad you had a good day. Blessed be, friend :heart::candle::pray:

7 Likes

This is the laughter and sharing we all need. Priceless on the five O giving the side eye to the tools of the trade. It is good to have this place for us all to be together. Hope one day we all can meet under a full moon.

8 Likes

Oh it gets better. They walked outside where my husband was standing talking to the hotel manager and told him that I was talking crazy about being a witch and stuff. My husband just laughed and said “she’s seriously not crazy. She is a witch” :rofl: needless to say they didn’t make the report they were there to make on my stolen items but I was almost certain my hubby and I were getting moved to a different kind of room by the time they left :oncoming_police_car::hospital:

8 Likes

I’m so happy for you! It always feels great when you have the time & space to yourself. I’m sure she will love the salve. It sounds like a well thought out & executed. Your work will be well rewarded.

Starting Monday afternoon, I will be home by myself through Tuesday. My son & husband will be at work & my daughter is going with family friends to Martha’s Vineyard on their boat. They are staying until Wednesday, but my husband’s lady day at work is Tuesday. So he will have the rest of the week off. I’m excited for the 2 days to myself.

6 Likes

Maybe it’s just me… Or maybe it’s because I’m always by myself (my mom works a lot and if she isn’t working she stays locked in her room) and with Justin at his mom’s and my daughter is staying at her dad’s for a while it’s always just me and the fur babies. I’d give anything for a human conversation these days and the solitude is driving me crazy.

4 Likes

Strange how that works. Often times those who like solitude are surrounded and those who get energy from others find themselves talking to the cat. I say cat as I know my cat understands any conversation. She just like a cat has little to say.

5 Likes

@jim Homemade ones are the best birthday presents 100% of the time! Nice job! :clap: :clap:

@phoenix_dawn wow that was funny and scary about the police showing up. My two cents is that if they lock you up (even by accident) for being a witch, you probably have a juicy lawsuit in your hands :laughing:

7 Likes

In these times if they lock you up… You got a Hallmark channel special possibly.

6 Likes

@Francisco well he didn’t seem to want to test them once he opened up a bag of valerian root And smelled it. So jail didn’t even cross my mind once my husband said the cop thought I was nuts thinking I’m a witch I thought I was headed to a padded room :rofl: I live in an area of the "bible belt. We do actually have “witch hunter” type people who will go out of their way to make life difficult because we’re “evil” I live in a very small backwards Mayberry type town. And I’ve lived in this same area in the same town for 20 years. Word gets out kinda fast lol. I’m lucky that my husband and daughter practice with me and my mother grew up with her grandma who was a hoodoo practicioner so she’s open minded enough to respect my beliefs and even asks for my assistance at times giving me freedom to practice freely throughout the home at will but I’m still very much in the broom closet to the non spiritual community around me. On the rare occasion I get to go shop for my craft supplies I have to go to one of the 2 towns on either side of me and it’s just a small pagan section in a small “novelty” shop. That cop probably did think I was a bit crazy because I was pretty frantic and angry to begin with because my wallet (Id, ss cards, debit cards etc) were stolen and then I start rambling about moon salt and being a witch on top of that…:rofl: I’d have probably took me to the hospital too looking back at it. I’m glad he didn’t I’m still looking into whether or not they were wrong to not make the report on my belongings though because after he got a whiff of valerian root he walked out, told my husband I’m nuts and left :woman_shrugging:t3: :rofl::rofl: one of those Witch!? Let’s clear the air, shall we? :grin: Moments @SilverBear wrote about :woman_facepalming:t3::mage::candle::oncoming_police_car::no_entry_sign:

7 Likes

Your wife will have a beautiful gift on her blessed day :relaxed::two_hearts:
Also, my son turns 15 on Sunday as well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pray:

6 Likes