Greetings from a former lurker!

Hi there!

I’m Emily (although I go by Murphy) and I’ve been lurking for a few months now. Figured it was time I be a little brave and say hello!

I live in Austin, Texas, although I’m originally from New York and also spent a few years living in Los Angeles. I live with my husband, two dogs, and two cats. I also have some houseplants in various stages of giving up on life :joy:

I first started exploring the craft during the “Wicca Wave” of the '90s. Basically I tried a few spells, they worked, I got thoroughly freaked out, and only started easing back into it recently. I wish there had a been a resource like this for 16 year old me!

Right now I’m trying a bit of everything. I’m relearning Tarot, beginning to work spells for home protection, and I recently signed up for an herbalism course.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to participating a lot more in the forum. Even though I’ve been silent so far, I’ve learned a ton!

11 Likes

Good evening! I’m sure you have a good feel for our growing family then! I’m Siofra from Cape Cod.

Feel free to ask any questions or jump in on any post of interest. Search the forum using the search tool.

Create your own topic if you can’t find the answer & for any more personal posts we have the A Sacred Space category, only logged in & active members can access & interact with that category.

I hope to see you more in the forum! :infinite_roots:

6 Likes

Hiya @Murphy,

A very warm welcome to you from Perth, Australia. So happy to have you here with us and that you have reached out to the coven.

I promise you that you have come to the right place. You will meet some of the most amazing people. I have been lucky enough to make some truly wonderful friends.

If you ever have any questions, please just reach out here and someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

Looking forward to getting to know you and learning right along with you,

Jess

6 Likes

Welcome pretty little Emily,
I’m Garnet from Florida.
So many seekers find their ways here, which is a blessing to us. Those seekers are tired, sad, frightened, depressed and or belittled by life.
As my years wound down, I was seeking an answer that was real, not just stories, legends or hearsay.
Here, I found that answer, without being cast out as ‘odd’. I was welcomed as an intelligent woman that wanted to seek and suck up knowledge like a sponge.
All my life I’ve done what was asked of me no matter my wants. Now, it’s my turn. I’ve gained a new lease on life and a wonderful family. A family who don’t judge me or talk mean behind my back. A wonderous group of people who love me…because, I’m Me.
Let me welcome you with that same love and spirit.
Be blessed, Be safe and know you Be loved.
Garnet the Magnanimous

7 Likes

Hi, Murphy! Nice to meet you. You have lived in some interesting places! Do you like Austin best? I haven’t been there before but have heard it is pretty cool and also a taco mecca :taco: :heart:

6 Likes

@Murphy hello and welcome. I’m so glad you decided to introduce yourself. If you have any questions just ask and someone will help you.

6 Likes

Hi @Murphy! I’m Amethyst! So glad you’ve come out of the shadows! Not that lurking isn’t fine, but it’s so much more fun to play with the others! LOL.

You have houseplants and animals? You’re braver than I am. My cat Max would get into it and knock it over. He’s a mess, but I love him.

Anyhow, it’s nice to meet you! I hope to get to know you better!

6 Likes

Hi @Murphy and welcome! :wave:

I loved your introduction! I think we can all identify with having a spell work out so well that it felt freaky. But good!

I’m glad you decided to participate in the forum. Feel free to create any topic if you have anything to recommend or something to ask. Blessed Be

6 Likes

Welcome Murphy! I’m Christine and I live in Tennessee! You’ve come to the right place to learn! There’s so much information about Wicca, spells, potions, and Tarot in the courses. And if your interested in a Book of Shadows there’s a lot of printable pages. But best of all there are so many people here that can answer your questions and support you on your path.
Blessed Be

5 Likes

Merry meet @Murphy :blush:

Thank you for taking the time to share your introduction- it’s a pleasure to meet you! :heart:

It sounds like you’ve been enjoying the site so far (I’m so glad!) so you probably know how to get around in here. Just in case you ever run into any issues, though, please feel free to reach out here in the forum! You have many friendly fellow coven members happy to help (or even just chat!) :infinite_roots: :sparkles:

I know the feeling well! It seems like some plants that seem indescribable in the wild get brought inside and suddenly become allergic to tap water :woman_facepalming: What is a poor green witch to do? :joy:

Anyways, thanks again for saying hi! I’m looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Oh, wow, what a warm welcome! Thanks to you all!

@Siofra What a small world! My parents live on Cape Cod! I have a lot of memories of going there in the summer until I left home.

@jessica72 It does seem to be such a wonderful community. I had planned on mostly using the resources on the Spells8 site, but after reading some of the conversations here, well, I had to jump in!

@Garnet Thank you for that beautiful welcome, definitely a few things in there I’ve been needing to hear!

@mary25 Hi Mary! So, everyplace has been very different. I have to say New York is still my favorite. I lived about an hour outside of the City so I was there all the time (especially when I worked there) and I really miss it. Los Angeles was definitely a struggle financially compared to Austin, but I miss the desert hiking I used to do. But, as you said, we have tacos here and yes, they are incredible!!!

@crystal24 Thank you Crystal, I appreciate that!

@Amethyst Oh yes, I have one cat (Maceo) who just loves to knock the plants off my desk. In fact, I came in this morning to find my brand new orchid on the floor. He’s lucky he’s so cute!

@Francisco Ha, yes it’s really funny to look back on now, but I definitely scared the pants off myself at the time. Amazing what 20 or so years will do!

@christine13 I love Tennessee! My husband and I stopped in Chattanooga on our honeymoon to visit Ruby Falls. It’s (I believe) the largest underground waterfall in the country. I also drove through Memphis on a different road trip and I’ve been dying to get back there for a proper visit. Such a beautiful state!

@TheTravelWitch You said it! I’m lucky enough to live near a really gorgeous houseplant shop and I always ask a lot of questions when I bring home a new victim-- I mean plant – but it seems like a lot of trial and error. Oh well, I guess I’m doing my part to support local business!

6 Likes

They make cats so cute to make up for their behavior! LOL!

6 Likes

Hi @Murphy! Nice to meet you, and glad you decided to introduce yourself. I lurked for a bit as well before I joined over a year ago. :slight_smile:
I’m Rowan from South Carolina.
Enjoy exploring Spells8/Infinite Roots, and I hope to chat again.
Blessed Be,
Rowan

4 Likes

Welcome :relaxed: I’m Christina and I’m from New York. It’s so nice to meet you! I’m not as active as I was because I’ve got so much going on in my crazy busy life lately. But I hope to see you around more! :relieved:
Blessed be :pray:

4 Likes