Greetings & Merfy9Meet

Hello my fellow sisters. Merry meet. I just want to introduce myself. I am Marie I am from Upstate NY. I have had a great interest for many years but always had so much stuff going on and when I say that I mean i was surrounding myself with negative people, I was doing partying very heavy and I was involved in abusive relationships that tore my self esteem up so I did not make time for myself, self care was definitely not part of my life… I am almost 40 years old. I just got put on pr8bation last week and I had cps take my 2 year old daughter away (shes with my mother) I need all the positivity I can get right now. Any suggestions or tips are very much appreciated…I was lost for many many years and finally am putting my food down and making much needed changes. I was born and raised Roman Catholic and attended Catholic schools until 9th grade. I was baptized or seen my first communion and I was confirmed. I do not study or follow Catholicism and I’ve always found peace and serenity when I’m among nature especially out by water. I believe what I truly need is a spiritual awakening and that is why I intend to do. Again thank you for taking the time and listening and I look forward to networking/communicating with you lovely souls.

9 Likes

Hello Marie and a very warm welcome to you from Perth, Australia. I’m Jess and I’m a complete newbie to the craft. I only joined a few weeks ago.

I’m so sorry to hear that you have been through such tough times. You are an amazing person for having the strength to keep going.

I found Spells8 after ending a very toxic year 15 relationship with a narcissist; he honesty nearly took the very life from me. I truly had given up all hope. I don’t know how I found the strength to end it with him after I found out he was cheating, again. He wanted to keep me in my life but I somehow found the strength to tell him no.

After hearing my story, everyone here has been so very welcoming and supportive. I really have found a family that I didn’t know that I was missing. I have made some truly wonderful friends. I know that you will most certainly be welcomed and supported too. There will always be someone here that you can reach out to, someone will always take the time to listen to you, even if you’d just like a chat.

If you ever have a question please just reach out here and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. I promise there is no such thing as a silly question. There are so many amazing and talented people that you will meet here. I have learnt so much and I have been so grateful to everyone for sharing their advice and wisdom with me.

A small sugggestion that has worked for me was:

Look forward to getting to know you and learning right along with you,

Jess

4 Likes

Welcome :relaxed:
I’m Christina and I’m from New York.
If you need to vent, this is a safe place. We’re one huge family all over the world!!
Otherwise, it’s great having you here and of you need anything, please let me or someone know and we’ll get back asap.
Blessed be :pray:

5 Likes

@marie13 hello and welcome. This is a great place to learn. Have a look around and if you have any questions just ask. Hope to chat soon

5 Likes

Hello @marie13! Welcome! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. I’m glad you found this forum!

An easy spell I would suggest is the Renewal Bath Spell: Self-Love and Spiritual Acceptance. It is easy to do as long as you’re physically able to get in the tub.

If you need any help, advice, or just to talk, let us know. We’re here for you.

Blessed be!

4 Likes

Merry meet @marie13! :heart:

Welcome to the forum- we are blessed to have you here! It sounds like your road has been a long one, but I am glad you are following your heart and that it has lead you to your magick :sparkles:

As for a burst of positivity, you are in the right place! There have been some great suggestions shared so far, so I’ll also suggest checking out the Self Care Tag here in the forum as well as the Energy Exchange Circle (current circle here!), which is a great place to spread and share positivity amongst the coven :infinite_roots: :heart:

Please make yourself at home here! Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Welcome Marie! I’m Christine and I’m from Tennessee. There’s a wealth of information here, so you should definitely find what your looking for.

5 Likes

Merry Meet @marie13, I’m Siofra from Cape Cod. I had a Roman Catholic background from baptism to confirmation also. I understand the rigid feeling & it made me uncomfortable. I used to be found barefoot in the summer wherever I went. I loved the feeling of the Earth :earth_americas: on the bottoms of my feet. :hugs: I now have flower gardens, birdbaths, birdhouses (occupied), bird feeders/flowers, & vegetables & usable plants.

Maybe try something like this to assist you? When I was going through some pretty heavy things over 2020, it really helped me a couple of times.

I just want to mention that for topics created of a more personal nature they can go into the A Sacred Space category. Only coven members that are logged in can access this category & interact with it. :hugs:

I look forward to speaking with you soon!

4 Likes

Hello, Marie! I am sorry to hear about what’s going but it sounds like you are getting to the place where you want to be in life. You are so right about self-care being important especially when you are trying to make positive changes happen in your life. I feel when you let some things go, you have to have some things to put in their place because nature abhors a vacuum. I bought a self-care journal to keep me on track (about $10). It’s a therapist in book form.

5 Likes