(Group Ritual - April 1) Prank Protection 🛡

Warm greetings to all :blush:

Hopefully the cleansing energies from last week’s group ritual have kept you refreshed and feeling good! :sparkles:

As the pages of the calendar turn, we are quickly approaching a holiday that inspires fear in some and delight in others. As mentioned in the Merry Meet Monday news post, this Thursday is April Fool’s Day! :smiling_imp: :scream:

[Picture from Medieval Times Theatre- The Feast of Fools]

While the origins of April Fool’s Day remain a mystery, History.com suggests possible inspirations for the modern holiday could be tied to the confusing switching of the calenders in 14th Century France or perhaps the wild Ancient Roman festivals Hilaria or Saturnalia (aka the “Feast of Fools”).

Regardless of where the holiday originated, it is now celebrated around the world! This day is a green light for pranksters of all types hoping to spook friends and get a good laugh.

For those hoping to prank their loved ones- good luck! :joy: Just remember that on this day any pranks tend to be reciprocated in kind :wink:

[Pic from Pintrest]

For prankers hoping to have the last laugh or for those of us who’d rather not be the butt of a joke- it’s time to call upon some protective magick! :sparkles:

And luckily, we’ve got some higher powers that are on our side. With the passing of the Full Worm Moon last weekend, the sky is aglow with the light of the Waning Gibbous Moon.

The Spells8 Moon Phase Guide says that this moon phase is best suited to the following magickal pursuits:

Waning-Gibbous-Moon-Spells-Rituals

In order to save face from April’s Fools pranksters- Banishing bad energy and Protection from pranks are just what we need! :+1:

Join your coven to draw in some good magickal energy as you enjoy a peaceful moment with your forum family :hugs:

[Picture from MultiVu]

~ :shield: ~ Thursday, April 1st - Prank Protection ~ :shield: ~

Find some time to join in for a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :woman_in_lotus_position:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together and share our energies and support when we share a quiet moment together.

Let’s enjoy a relaxing and peaceful tea time as a coven- you are warmly invited!

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage . While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, hot cocoa, or any other beverage :coffee:

• Find a quiet place to relax . Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent . You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :woman_in_lotus_position:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional - Apr 1) : Prank Protection :shield:

Protect yourself (or get the upper hand) this April Fool’s Day with a bit of magick that draws on the current energy of the Waning Gibbous Moon :waning_gibbous_moon:

9XAhP86qXp-2
[Picture from Drawception]

1. As you prepare your beverage this week, hold your cup firmly and keep it close to your body. Your energy this week is closed- seeking security and safety within :shield:

2. Sit still, cradling your cup to your chest. As you breathe deeply, imagine each breath to pull the energies around you in towards your body :person_in_lotus_position:

3. With your warm mug as a focal point, visualize the energy in the air wrapping around you tightly and securely like a cocoon :bug:

4. Draw on the Waning Moon’s protective and banishing abilities with the chant:

The Waning Moon and all Her light-
Shield me well from this day’s plight.
Pranks can’t pierce my armor fine-
The final laugh shall now be mine!

1. Take three final deep breaths, wishing for your energy cocoon to turn into solid armor, keeping you protected :shield:

2. For extra protection, consider carrying a protective talisman or protection bottle with you throughout the day :raised_hands:

2xfoo1
[Pic from ImgFlip]

After your meditation, welcome back! :heart:

When your meditation is complete, you are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time. Share some pics of your tea, your plans for the rest of the week, or just talk about what’s on your mind today.

Meditation helps to foster a clear mind, increased focus, and boost of positivity- enjoy these good feelings through the rest of your day or night! :star2:

[Picture from Learn Religions - The Fool Card]

Will you avoid playing the fool this Thursday? :clown_face: Or perhaps you’d rather be the trickster? :smiling_imp: To all the pranksters and would-be victims, wishing you a very happy and satisfying April Fool’s Day! :partying_face:

As always, I’m looking forward to an enjoyable meditation and shared cup with you all this Thursday :coffee: :relaxed:

Until then, friends- have a blessed week! :sparkles:

12 Likes

April 1 around here involves some tricks but it is also a friend of the family’s birthday that day, so we usually tease him. Then 2 days later is my husband’s birthday so they usually get together & have a drink together. It’s a fun time here on that day & usually the signs of Spring are well on their way.

I can’t wait for the group meditation this week, I am working doing at least one meditation a day for my own well being & why not do it with my coven. I hope everyone has a great week up until then!

8 Likes

Oh boy, I forgot that April 1 was April Fools’ Day. Now, I’m wondering if anyone on the forums has some prank in mind. :laughing:

6 Likes

April Fool’s is always a funny day in my family, plotting and planning usually days before it. Just like @Siofra husband two days later is my bday, I’m planning an adventure to the Kindred Spirit Mailbox that day. You can google the name it’s pretty interesting, and related to one of my fave authors Nicholas Sparks.
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/kindred-spirit-mailbox

7 Likes

Hahah :laughing: Maybe!!! I’m still not used to April Fool’s day (not having grown up in the US) I don’t think I get it!

But because I’m still learning, I decided to look up the Etiquette of April Fools’ pranks. This is what came up:

1. Nobody gets hurt. Have you ever pranked somebody with something simple, and then they get really hurt? What a bummer. We all love seeing the pam on the floor prank, but that can easily set up a costly hospital bill. And, what if Grandma comes over first. Yikes.

2. When somebody asks if this is an April Fool’s joke, you must immediately confess.

My wife broke this rule last year. She told me her sister was coming to live with us and that she had told me multiple times. I would have remembered something like that. After about 5 minutes, I figured it was an April Fool’s joke. I asked her, and she continued to tell me what a horrible listener I was and that she was really coming. So now I was pissed off all day. Just before bed she told me it was an April Fool’s joke after all. I didn’t laugh.

3. Don’t do it on your little kids. My dad one time came back from Hawaii holding a paper bag. He said he had something really special for me. I was 7 years old. I opened the paper bag and it was completely empty. He said, “it’s Hawaiin sunshine!” I was pretty bummed. So bummed, that I don’t really remember what he got me. I think it was a DVD or something.

4. No serious lies. You’re fired! We’re moving! Mom and I are getting a divorce! I’ve found another lover! You never know the reaction you might get, and for God sakes don’t tell anyone that someone has died… yikes.

5. What goes around comes around… worse. If you’re going to pull a prank, make sure you’re ready to receive a worse one, and no whining when you do. Everyone always tries to one up the other person. Just keep your guard up.

7 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::joy: Thanks for this @Francisco ! I think I’ve blown the etiquette rules a few times.:joy:

2 Likes

It sounds like April Fool’s at your place is less about pranks and more about enjoying a joyful occasion together, @Siofra! I hope you all have a great time. And cheers- looking forward to this meditation with you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Uh-oh, @Kasandra! Don’t want to give anybody any tricksy ideas! :joy:

Sounds like a fun prank-fest at your place, @Rowan! May the pranking odds be ever in your favor :laughing: Enjoy your trip to the Kindred Spirit Mailbox!

Thanks for sharing the April Fool’s etiquette, @Francisco- it’s good to have on hand! :grin: Did you perhaps celebrate a holiday or occasion similar to April Fool’s Day growing up?

I asked my partner the same question and it looks like there’s something very similar here in Poland - called Prima Aprilis. Prima Aprilis (April 1st) is, in Poland, a day for telling jokes and all serious things are to be avoided. Even the government has changed past decisions to avoid having serious matters on this day! :joy: It’s a day for fun and laughter all around :+1:

6 Likes

There is a day called Día de los Inocentes, which falls on December 28th and it’s about making pranks in the same spirit as April Fool’s Day. However it wasn’t nearly as popular as this day is here in the US.

From what I read, the origin of Dec. 28th is the “Feast of Fools”, which is probably linked to Saturnalia and other celebrations of the New Year. This holiday included music, dancing, food, drinks, and even costumes, plus some risque behavior.

“It was then that día de los inocentes adopted some of the things of this party, but transforming it into a time to play pranks, in the middle of a much friendlier and more festive atmosphere. Over time, that relaxed and festive atmosphere turned into jokes and jokes, making it a tradition to try to fool someone with some kind of trick.”

Have a Happy April Fools’ Day!!! :tada:

5 Likes

That’s really interesting! :star_struck: It seems like many countries and cultures around the world celebrate a version of April Fool’s Day in some form. How fun! :blush:

4 Likes

Happy Friday, everyone!

April Fool’s- it’s just Thursday! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Luckily Thursday is a good day too, since that means it is tea meditation time with my most favorite coven! :partying_face:

Red skies at morning, sailors take warning

Going back to the topic about reading the weather to predict nature, it looks like we may get some rough weather and possible winds here in the city today. At least the sunrise was lovely! :city_sunrise: :blush:

Got my prank protection up- but I haven’t felt the need to remind my partner it is April Fool’s Day/Prima Aprilis :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I might just let the day pass along quietly… we shall see :joy:

How is everyone’s Thursday so far? Had anyone been pranked/did some pranking? :grin:

Sending lots of love and warmth from me to you- blessed be! :heart: :coffee:

7 Likes

Good morning!

Mother Nature pulled a prank on my area and gave us snow. But snow is common in April and it’s supposed to get warm again soon!
I’d forgotten I had a box of Echinacea tea in the back of my pantry and found it as I was cleaning. The bags are still good, so I made myself a hot mug on this chilly morning.
During this meditation, I was thinking about the latest skin for Fortnite Crew subscription members (I’m a regular Fortnite player and couldn’t resist subscribing).
Everyone thought that April’s Crew Pack was an April Fools’ Joke on Epic Games’ part (but it’s not).
The community is split on whether they like the skin. Some hate it. Some think it’s cute.
I didn’t like it at first, but it’s grown on me and it’ll probably be one of the skins I wear regularly.

Image From Epic Games

At first, I was worried about what others players would think of me wearing it, but then I stopped caring. I’m glad because one of the goals I set at New Year’s was to not care so much about what others think of me, particularly my likes, dislikes, and so forth.

Have a blessed Thursday! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Tamera, atlasobscura! Awesome source of the weird and interesting. I follow their YouTube, too. Happy early :partying_face: birthday!

Francisco, thank you :pray:t4: for sharing the 5 Rules Of Etiquette With April Fool’s Jokes.

TheTravelWitch, I try to avoid life on this day because so little can be taken seriously. :sweat_smile: Beautiful sunrise!

Stephanie89, we had snow today, too! Now it is sunny. :thinking: While I don’t play Fortnite, there are many in my house that do. I am still stuck on Minecraft.

My family said my planned April Fool’s Prank :smiling_imp: was in bad taste so I will spare my friends the poor humor. I was going to say I am no longer pagan and I turned my back on my “sinful” ways by :fire: burning and/or drowning :droplet: various idols. I was even going to make pictures for it.

Venti Java Chip :coffee: and a new candle :candle:, Bonfire Kiss, running in the background. Today was the first day in months that I was blessed with sleeping in :sleeping_bed:t4: and getting much needed rest. Although it’s the first day in my four day weekend, I still have lots of chores to do around the house. :upside_down_face: Before that, I’m spending time in meditation :person_in_lotus_position:t4: and remembering all of my friends in Infinite Roots through the Energy Exchange Circle. Wishing you all a blessed day!

6 Likes

Today was yet another much-needed time to force me to take time for myself. The last two days, work has felt nonstop (although that’s mostly my fault – I kept telling people I’d cover for them :sweat_smile:), and I got my first COVID vaccine today. It felt amazing to take tmie to enjoy the smell of my tea and to visualize a protective cocoon around me!

I’m feeling alright after my shot, but I’m super tired this evening. Although… I’m not sure if it’s because of the shot, or if it’s just because I’m always tired around this time of the day, or if it’s an impending food coma from eating my weight in Chinese food :see_no_evil: lol

My main goal for this week is to work on this week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge. I plan on attempting to reach out to Bast because I’ve been feeling a bit of a pull toward her lately.

Super random question: I might have missed this information somewhere, but I’ve searched the forums here and haven’t found it. Is it possible to do the Weekly Challenges on our own to collect badges from the challenges that happened before we joined the site (other than during prescribed catch-up weeks)? Or are the badges no longer up for grabs once the challenges are closed? (Except for the catch-up weeks)

I hope everyone’s having a great week and staying safe and healthy! <3

6 Likes

This is something I desperately need to work on >.< I’ve cared far too much about what people think of me for my entire life, but my exploration of the Pagan world has helped me tremendously so far :slight_smile:

Happy early birthday!! :partying_face: I hope it’s a great one! The Kindred Spirit Mailbox looks like such a neat activity! :heart_eyes_cat:

6 Likes

You wouldn’t be up to anything naughty, would you? LOL.

I don’t get Fortnight but that’s an awesome-looking avatar!

Yay for sleeping in! Glad you got some rest!

Good luck with that! I want to look into more about Bast myself. I bought myself a book about Cat Magic to see if there’s anything interesting in there for me to do this week. And @wade, as far as I know, you can only catch up during catch-up weeks, but that may change, I’m not sure.

As for me, I’m running late for my tea today thanks to the sheet rockers. I put up my prank shield but I doubt it’ll help me with being up this late. Then again the only prank I had was the fact that if I hadn’t been ready for the sheet rocker at seven am he would have shown up. But because I was ready for him at the crack of dawn, he showed up in the afternoon.

They still haven’t painted but hopefully, this will mean the noisy portion of the plumbing is done. One can hope.

Hope you all are having a good Thursday!

6 Likes

Let us know what you think about the Cat Magic book! :heart_eyes_cat:

That’s what I figured with the challenges – it would be tricky for everyone in charge of tracking that stuff to keep up with all of us if it were a free-for-all! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Francisco,
My boss thought she would play a joke on me and said she left a voicemail saying I was Fired! I was working with another of my clients and didn’t answer the phone. I guess she made a mistake by leaving the message on the voice mail and I didn’t receive the message because I was working. She thought I really got it and when I didn’t answer the phone she was under the impression I thought I was fired. Not a really good joke. I had to laugh because she is so hummrus! Lol Know I am laughing at her😆
But anyway So her energy was contagious and I decided to play a joke on my client and tell him that I was no longer going to work for him. And he said oh no I’m sorry you’re leaving I really don’t want you to leave and I said no Todd I’m staying it’s April fools day. I felt so bad. I had to ask myself why did I do that! It was not even me to do that and I guess since somebody played a joke on me now I was thinking to do it to someone else and I felt bad about it.
Well I had a good 15 minute meditation and I wrapped the light around me and thought I would share with you guys my April fools day! I guess the joke was on my boss because she thought that I didn’t want to talk to her because I thought I was fired.

Hope u had a good day!

Travel Witch I am glad you protected yourself!
I didn’t see what happens! Lol
The sunrise looks amazing!
Sending you love :heart:
Wade Awsome diety to reach out too! I love Bast! And I am glad your okay :ok_hand: after having had the Covid shot. I had the second Covid shot and it really affected me and it was basically when I was doing the drawing too. I had to sit down and lay down because my head hurts so bad.
Love and light!
Jeannie

6 Likes

Thank You @wade ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiley:

5 Likes

That is quite a prank from Mother Nature, @Kasandra! :snowflake: Hopefully it leaves when April Fool’s is over :laughing: You are very strong for doing what makes you happy- your opinion is the only one that matters! Well done, Stephanie. Have a blessed rest of your ​day! :heart:

It sounds like you had a very restful day, @praecog29- keeping you in my thoughts as well! Enjoy your long weekend, may it continue to be relaxing :relaxed:

I hope you can catch up on sleep and recharge soon, @wade! Working with Bast sounds like a wonderful entry to this week’s challenge :blush:. As for your question, yes- challenges require a lot of active maintenance from moderators (yours truly!) so old challenge threads are locked (:lock:) in order to focus on the current challenge. However you and Kasie are absolutely right- Catch-up weeks offer the chance to go back and do any of the previous challenges you’d like! :+1: Hope you have a blessed week as well :heart:

Me? Causing trouble? Neeever :joy: Hahaha I used to love to play April Fool’s Day pranks, @Amethyst- but as promised, I let this one slip away peacefully. Either my prank protection spell worked really well or no one was up for pranking! The only prank I got was a very small one from a project director. Not bad! :grin:

Sorry about the sheet rocker man, @Amethyst- not a very fun prank to keep you waiting all day. Hopefully it is all finished now and you can enjoy some peace and quiet with your new book! Enjoy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :open_book:

Yikes, @Jeannie1! It sounds like a prank about being fired breaks the attitude rules of April Fool’s Day. It is a good thing you have a kind heart and a good sense of humor! :blush: I’m glad you had a nice meditation- sending love back to you too! :heart:

Wishing everyone a very blessed weekend! :sparkles:

6 Likes

I’ll probably just flip through it this weekend looking for something to do since I’ve already started a new book. But it’s by Deborah Blake and she’s an awesome writer, so I think I’ll like it! I’ll do a mini review of it with my challenge.

They still have to paint, which will probably take another month to get around to doing. LOL. Thanks for the good wishes though! Remodling always needs those.

3 Likes