(Group Ritual - April 22) Gathering for Gaia 🌎

Warm greetings to all! :wave:

Hopefully last week’s ritual helped to grow your wealth. This week, we’re celebrating growth of a different kind :evergreen_tree:

As mentioned in this week’s Merry Meet Monday news post, this Thursday is Earth Day! :earth_asia:

Celebrated globally, Earth Day is a special time dedicated in thanks to Mother Nature. It is a time to give back to nature and show appreciation for the health of our beautiful planet.

Whether you practice Green Magick, work with Earth Deities, or simply love the world we live in- now is a wonderful time to gather with your coven and share a tea ritual celebrating our earth :hugs:

~ :earth_asia: ~ Thursday, April 22nd - Gathering for Gaia ~ :earth_africa: : ~

Find some time to join in for a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :woman_in_lotus_position:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together and share our energies and support when we share a quiet moment together.

Let’s enjoy a relaxing and peaceful tea time as a coven- you are warmly invited!

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage . While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, hot cocoa, or any other beverage :coffee:

• Find a quiet place to relax . Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent . You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :woman_in_lotus_position:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional - Apr 22) : Gathering for Gaia :earth_americas:

In celebration of Earth Day, let’s reach out to one of the most well-known earth deities to connect with nature. While this ritual mentions the Earth Deity Gaia, you are welcome to substitute any earth diety or earthly power of your choosing :green_heart:

This tea meditation ritual is inspired by the Spells8 Earth Invocation Chant

Earth-Invocation-Pagan-Chant-750x500

1. To begin the ritual, lay out everything you need to prepare your beverage. Pause for a moment to take three deep breaths, feeling the flow of life-giving air through your body :wind_face:

2. Either out loud or in your mind, thank the earth for providing the things you have in front of you, and all that you need in life :relieved:

3. Prepare your beverage mindfully, noting the tea leaves or coffee beans that grew from the soil, the ceramic mug formed from the earth, and the water that flows across the planet :earth_americas:

4. With your warm beverage in hand, find a quiet place to sit. Relax nearby plants or go outside if you can. A deeper connection can be sought by placing your bare feet in the soil (weather depending!) :footprints:

5. Indoors or out, place your feet firmly on the ground. Imagine yourself growing roots downwards, reaching out and connecting with both the earth and your coven across the world. As distance melts away in this moment, all creatures on the earth are as one :infinity:

6. Sip your tea while meditating on the earth and the wonders of the world. You may choose to read the words of a devotional, offering your prayer to the earth:

Gaia Devotional
Gaia Devotional
[From Spells8 Gaia Devotional]

1. If you’d like, consider enjoying your drink as you listen to the Gaia Song “Whisper in the Evening” or the Guided Gaia Devotional Chant :headphones: .

2. When you have finished your beverage, consider offering any leftover tea leaves or coffee grinds back to the earth by composting or recycling :recycle:

After your meditation, welcome back! :heart:

When your meditation is complete, you are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time. Share some pics of your tea, your plans for the rest of the week, or just talk about what’s on your mind today.

Meditation helps to foster a clear mind, increased focus, and boost of positivity- enjoy these good feelings through the rest of your day or night! :star2:

Wishing everyone a very happy and blessed Earth Day! May the planet continue to offer us home, shelter, and all that we need for many generations to come :pray::earth_africa:

Looking forward to sharing a warm moment with you all on Thursday! :coffee:

Blessed be :sparkles:

17 Likes

I have no idea what tea I should drink this Thursday. LOL. Perhaps the rose and hibiscus, since that would be very earthy. What are you guys planning to drink?

9 Likes

I’ll try to make it this Thursday. That’s the day I get my second shot of the Pfizer and I’m anticipating some… unpleasant side effects. :sweat:

7 Likes

I might miss this one cause I’m on a 12 hour shift :sob: I will try though :heartpulse:

5 Likes

@Kasandra that sounds like you’re prepared for it to be awful. I’ve heard the second dose is bad. Good luck getting the jab!

@Liisa get some rest before your shift! Don’t work too hard.

7 Likes

Hi beautiful people, I had some chamomile tea, I am enjoying it and wishing you all a happy earth day!
Here is a painting that I painted. It’s a bed of flowers to honor mother Gaia and I thought I would share. It’s my dream book!

I opened up a circle, and did my meditation, and know I am going to write in my book of Mirrors!
I am so blessed with all these beautiful plants! I just got basil :herb: from the dollar tree people! Isn’t that awesome and you know that since I am a caregiver I went to my client’s house they recommended this water master so you can measure how much water you have given the plant. :four_leaf_clover: It tells you if you have enough water or not.

Blessed be!

8 Likes

Rose and hibiscus tea sounds lovely and earthy, @Amethyst! Good choice! :hibiscus: :rose:

I’m thinking I’ll have a cup of my Basilur Magic Nights blend- it’s got tea leaves, flowers, fruits and all kinds of earthy yumminess! :yum:

I’ve got my fingers crossed that any side effects will be minimal for you, @Kasandra! Take it easy and be well :heart:

A 12 hour shift! My goodness, @Liisa- you are strong :astonished: Hang in there- I hope it passes quickly and easily for you!

Beautiful painting, @Jeannie1! It is a wonderful Dream Book and offering to Gaia :blossom: :blush: And congrats on your herb finds! :herb: Thanks for sharing- have a blessed day!

9 Likes

@Jeannie1 That is a beautiful painting :heart_eyes: The textures look amazing :heart_eyes:

@Amethyst @TheTravelWitch Thank you for your words of encouragement :heartpulse:

8 Likes

That tea looks delicious :yum:

6 Likes

I’m hoping it’ll go easy on you and I’ll pray for you!!!

5 Likes

Thank you Lisa, thanks for your encouragement!
Jeannie
Blessed Be✨

7 Likes

Today’s Rune research had me thinking about this challenge and how fated it would have been if id drew it tomorrow :smiley:

7 Likes

You’re very welcome @Liisa! :heart: And as for the runes, perhaps today’s rune will also tie into the earth and positive energies of the day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It is yummy, @Christina4, but whew- it’s a strong blend! If I forget to take the strainer out within two minutes it’s a real boot to the head :joy:

6 Likes

Happy Thursday and Happy Earth Day everyone!!!

:earth_americas: :green_heart: :earth_africa: :green_heart: :earth_asia: :green_heart: :earth_americas: :green_heart: :earth_africa: :green_heart: :earth_asia:

Watched the sun rise over the horizon (aka the building across the street- such is city life :city_sunrise: :laughing: ) and had a nice morning cuppa with my houseplants for company :herb:

I’m hoping the weather will be nice today so I can go for a long walk in the park. The flowers are popping up all around, and I’d love to continue my meditation out in nature if I can :tulip:

Sending lots of love and joy from here to you- wishing a very happy and healthy Earth Day to the coven! :deciduous_tree: :infinity:

8 Likes

Happy Earth Day everyone.

I’m going to start the day walking my dog in the woods and I’ll take part in the tea ritual later.

6 Likes

Lovely wood in the woods with the pooch, felt very connected to nature and Mother Earth…

11 Likes

I made it! Hey hey hey, what’s it been months :sweat_smile:
Anyway, I have a rosey, chamomile tea. I felt in awe while I did a Gaia chant then meditated with a green candle. I did buy a Gaia statue but it arrived broke and I had to fix it (I did get reimbursed). I’ll show her anyway, shes still beautiful :heart:

Happy Earth day :earth_africa::recycle:Infinite Roots :infinity:

8 Likes

I love your environment!!! Where do you live??

5 Likes

It suddenly got cold :cold_face: and I’ll be having a short while outdoors today. Thought I’d just give offerings to mama Earth and clean up if I see any garbage lying around. I do anyway but today especially. Happy Earth day!!!

6 Likes

I live on the edge of a commuter town in Bedfordshire in England. About 40-50 minutes from London by train but far enough away to be surrounded by countryside. The path to the woods is literally across the road from my house, you can see it from my front door :slight_smile:

8 Likes