(Group Ritual- Aug 13) ☕ Tea Time as a Coven

Very warm greetings to all! :heart:

Thank you so much to everyone who joined in on last week’s Group Ritual- Tea Time as a Coven. It was wonderful to share a warm cup of tea and good feelings with all of you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

For those who were unable to participate- no worries! I warmly invite everyone for another group ritual this week :woman_in_lotus_position::two_hearts:

The group ritual is a simple tea meditation practice that anyone can do and is open to everyone! All you need is some tea and the desire to participate!

[Picture from Bodhi Organic Tea]

:tea: ~Tea Time Together~ :coffee:

When? Thursday

What will you need? Hot water, tea leaves/bag (or coffee if you prefer!), and a quiet place to relax

Last week we focused on the feeling of interconnectedness- of being together and sharing our love and support across the miles.

Let these feelings we fostered last week come back in this week’s cup, and take some time on build on them. Love for the community is mirrored in love for the self- a theme to meditate on this week is self-care :heart:

[Picture from Altitude Tea]

Are you ready? It’s time for tea! :two_hearts:

Find a quiet time and place on Thursday where you can sit peacefully :woman_in_lotus_position:

As you place your tea leaves/bag into your cup be mindful of your every movement. Feel your physical cup in your hands and the echoes of life and nature in your tea leaves :fallen_leaf:

Pour boiling water over the tea and feel the warmth seeping into the leaves and into your hands and body as you cradle the cup :tea:

Let the wave of warmth wash over you- imagine it as positive energy. Feel the love and support of the other witches sharing this cup of tea with you today :handshake:

As you bask in the shared energy of the coven, let the feelings of love and support from your fellow witches help to lift you up :raised_hands:

Ask yourself, have I been feeling sad or stressed lately?. Ackowledge those emotions- feel them, hold them, and then- slowly- let them go :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

With each sip of warm tea, invite in feelings of love, care, and positive energy- try not to judge or overthink about it! Let the good feeling ebb into your bones, replacing any dark feelings and negative emotions :fire:

When your cup is empty but your heart is full, take a few moments to think about the positive things in your life, and that as you go about today- you are filled with the love of witches around the world :earth_africa:

Today is a great day to take care of yourself, and the world around you! When you are finished with the ritual, dispose of the tea leaves/bag in an eco-friednly way (such as composting) if you can. Allow the leaves to go back to their place in nature :national_park:

d635447a381a0788ba939aacfa8d9e0e
[Picture from Pintrest]

:sparkling_heart: Keep in mind that although we live all over the world, we are close together in our hearts! :sparkling_heart:

I look forward to sharing a cup of tea and good energy with you all on Thursday! :tea: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Blessed Be :heart_decoration:

11 Likes

I loved tea time last week! Im happy to do it again soon. As a coven, we rock! :metal::waning_gibbous_moon::dizzy::stars::orange_heart:

2 Likes

I’m excited for another tea time! I have the perfect tea picked out already, I got it as a surprise and it’s called Royal Wedding, white tea with rose petals. It puts a smile on my face. I will have to find a different cup for this week, I’ll see what I have in my cupboard.

See you on Thursday if I don’t see you before!
Love and Light!

3 Likes

It looks like I need to buy some tea. :blush: Is there any particular brand or type of tea you can suggest? Or is Earl Grey, hot okay?

3 Likes

Lovely, can’t wait to enjoy some tea with all of you again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :tea:

4 Likes

I am so looking forward to this!!

5 Likes

any tea is good tea… well usually, hot to sip anytime of the day!

3 Likes

I love teas, I am hooked on Chai Tea, and Morrocan Mint, although my subscription boxes send lots of it…all organic, this is what I currently have besides my regular old liptons! Oh the box they are in is an old singer sewing machine drawer I found at a thrift shop.

4 Likes

I want to try hyssop or pu erh tea that shows up in the daily ritual section. I had to order it online, so I am trying to patiently wait for to arrive!

3 Likes

Earl grey it is. I’ve always liked the smell of it. And it tastes so nice.

4 Likes

@kasie I like Lady Grey too! I love the citrus smells and tastes that it has, have you ever tried that one?

3 Likes

This sounds like a beautiful tea, @krissie117! :heart_eyes: And rose petals have so many wonderful magickal benefits too! :rose: Love, pleasure, healing, successful relationships, the bounty of the earth- it sounds like you will have a very happy cup of tea on Thursday :tea: :blush:

Earl Grey is perfectly fine- and that’s what I will be drinking too! :coffee::yum: I go through phases with teas, and right now I can’t get enough Earl Grey- it’s such a delicious and warming tea :two_hearts:. I can’t wait to enjoy a cup with you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ohhhh nothing like a good, toasty cup of Chai! :yum: That’s my favorite Autumn tea, with a nice slice of pumpkin bread and butter :two_hearts: So many wonderful spices! I wish I liked Morrocan Mint- I love mint in lemonade and in chocolate, but I always seem to overbrew mint tea and then I can’t finish the cup :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Very creative tea drawer, @roxanne! :+1:

I love Lady Grey!!! The flavor reminds me of Fruit Loops cereal for some reason :laughing: Unfortunately it seems to be a rare tea- I haven’t been able to find it here in Poland!

But there is this amazing company from Sri Lanka that is popular here, called Basilur Tea. I didn’t see it anywhere in the States, but it is in every grocery store here. The tea is delicious and the packaging is beautiful!

My favorite is their “tea books”- loose leaf tea packaged to look like, you guessed it- books! :books: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@krissie117 I’ve heard of Lady Grey, but I’ve not tried it. I’ll have to keep my eye out when I go shopping in Kroger’s today. Thanks!

3 Likes

@TheTravelWitch, Earl Grey it is. Unless I can find some of that Lady Grey that was mentioned, that sounds good. :grin:

2 Likes

I will be participating with coffee, not a huge tea drinker especially in the summer, unless it’s ice tea :coffee::coffee:

4 Likes

Wow those tea books look really nice!

I was curious to how they look on the inside so I did a google search:

Thanks for hosting @TheTravelWitch! Looking forward to Thursday tea time!

2 Likes

@kasie, it’s in a gold box! It’s really a good tea for during the day!

3 Likes

@krissie117, I found some! Gonna try it Thursday but it sounds yummy. Thank you for recommending it to me. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

You’re very welcome, @Francisco! And I’m glad you thought the tea books were interesting too- I’m a big fan of them! Books and tea- some of the best things in life! :open_book::tea: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Coffee is absolutely fine too, @Katt! :coffee: We all have slightly different beverages, but it will be the same ritual for everyone involved. The important part is sharing a moment together! :two_hearts:

Glad you were able to find some Earl Grey, @kasie! I hope you find it to be tasty :yum:

Looking forward to the ritual with everyone tomorrow! :pray::tea:

3 Likes

@TheTravelWitch, I got both Earl Grey and Lady Grey so I’m all ready. Looking forward to it tomorrow!

3 Likes