(Group Ritual) 🕯️ Candle Burning for Hope & Healing

This weekend, let’s do a symbolic group ritual to try and bring hope and healing to our current global situation. :earth_africa:

Wherever you are, all you need is:

• 1 white candle
  • Carving tools / toothpick
  • Candle holder

Group candle burning ritual tools

1. Begin on Saturday: Carve a white candle with the word “HOPE”.

2. Let the candle rest by a windowsill (or outdoors) all night, where it will be blessed by the New Moon :new_moon: as a symbol of change and as an offering to the Goddess (Yin energy).

3. On Sunday morning, place the candleholder and white candle on your altar. Light it and let it burn as you meditate. This will be our offering to the God :sunny: (Yang energy).

4. Think of the essential workers, the sick, the fearful, the anxious, the children, the healthcare professionals, and the currently unemployed.

5. Then visualize a light, a compass :compass: or guide that points towards the exit: Peace, Joy, Healing, Hope.

Let the candle burn completely throughout Sunday (practice Candle Safety) sending healing and hope to the world. :raised_hands:

For those who meditate with music, here’s a beautiful 4-hour meditation session by Woke Nation, as recommended by @kasie.

Thanks to @russell for the idea for this ritual :pray:

9 Likes

I am so happy to see this!

With all the members who have been joining, this is a beautiful ritual to unite this community while conjuring up hopeful energies to send out.

Thank you @russell for this idea and @Francisco for putting it into motion!

4 Likes

Count me in!! I’m certainly interested in doing this!! :blush:

3 Likes

Count me in as well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Lovely idea, thanks @russell and @Francisco!

2 Likes

I absolutely love this idea. I’m in!

2 Likes

Got my candle ready to go in the window. It looks like a three-year-old wrote on it but I’ve got it! Looking forward to this tomorrow. Thanks, @russell and @Francisco!

2 Likes

lol mine too but intention determines outcome! :pray:

20200718_180637

I’m so happy that everyone decided to join! Make some time to go outside and try to spot the New Moon tonight! :new_moon:

5 Likes

No windowsill I can use so i have hidden it outside behind the pool…lol

3 Likes

This is beautiful- I’m so sorry to have missed it! I hope the ritual went well for everyone who joined in :candle::two_hearts:

If others are interested, perhaps we could arrange another group ritual for the future? Perhaps this coming weekend? :blush:

5 Likes

Yes I agree @TheTravelWitch! It would be lovely if we could make this a weekly/fortnightly or monthly event! :heartpulse:

3 Likes

I am definitely interested. Count me in :hugs: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Ooh, that would be nice. I enjoyed feeling like I’m part of a group for once.

1 Like

Ohhh yes please. @Francisco you should make this happen!!!
I have felt more at home here than any other witchy form. I found my people!!! Lol

1 Like

Sounds good to me!! :smiley:

Next Saturday and Sunday we’ll have a Waxing Crescent Moon :waxing_crescent_moon: which is great for making Moon Water :droplet:

We can all charge some water with the energies of this coming weekend’s lunar phase.

If anyone has any specific intention in mind, we can brainstorm throughout the week, or simply do something similar to last weekend!

4 Likes

Hooray! :confetti_ball: Ohhh this is very exciting! :heart_eyes:

I think this is a great idea- I would love to make some Moon Water! :waxing_crescent_moon::two_hearts:

As for brainstorming a specific intention… hmmm…

Moon-Magic-Phases-Spells-Rituals

I was looking at the Moon Magic resources on Spells8 and it looks like the Waxing Crescent Moon is a good time to draw on energies for career, business, and money :money_with_wings: - maybe this could be a good theme!

Especially considering the current situation in the world right now. There’s been a few threads on this theme lately (Such as Spells for Job Woes and My Business Ritual). Perhaps Moon Water from the Waxing Crescent Moon can help to bring us all an economic boost! :grin: :sparkles:

Just one suggestion- what does everyone else think? :blush:

5 Likes

Yes perfect!!! :ok_hand:t2::blush: I am so up for this! @Francisco @TheTravelWitch

As you can probably tell by now, anything to do with the moon tends to get me excited :joy::rice_scene:

4 Likes

I am definitely up for anything as well. With the aftermath of this pandemic, I’m sure encouraging an economical boost for everyone would come in handy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :blush:

4 Likes

Ooh, thats a great idea!

2 Likes