(Group Ritual - Dec 10) 🔥 A Fiery Brew

A very warm welcome to all!

For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, this time of year brings the dark shadow of winter :snowflake: .

Although the festive lights and holiday colors can help to brighten up these gloomy months- they can’t chase away those cold winter winds :cold_face:

So come on in and have a fiery brew with your coven- it will chase off the chill and warm both your body and your heart! :heart:

~ :fire: ~ Thursday, December 10th - A Fiery Brew ~ :fire: ~

Find some time to join in for a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :woman_in_lotus_position:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together and share our energies and support when we share a quiet moment together.

Let’s enjoy a relaxing and peaceful tea time as a coven- you are warmly invited!

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage. While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, or any other beverage :coffee:

Note : for this week’s meditation, it is suggested to use ingredients with warming properties. See more details below and consider preparing some for your tea this week!

• Find a quiet place to relax. Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent. You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :woman_in_lotus_position:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional: Dec 10th) : A Fiery Brew :fire:

By including natural ingredients with a heating ability (both medicinally and magically), a warming spell, and a vibrant visualization, we can conjure a warm and cozy feeling :two_hearts:

In your brew this week, consider including herbs and spices associated with increasing heat.

Perfect for cold months, it is no wonder these are all Traditional Holiday Spices too! :christmas_tree:

• :brown_circle: Cinnamon- used in love spells for igniting passion and uplifting emotion

• :yellow_heart: Ginger- tied to the fire element, bound to the sun, increases strength, and warms internally

• :brown_heart: Cloves- sweet and seasonal, protective, dispels cold, and warms the body

• :herb: Rosemary- removes discomfort, healing, stimulates, and purifies

These ingredients are all considered to hav Yang energy (heating, burning, bright, masculine) :sun_with_face: in Traditional Chinese Medicine.

Many of us know the power of visualization and meditation. Those who have mastered these skills can do truly amazing things! It is even possible for focused meditation experts to be able to control their own body temperature- give it a try with this week’s brew!

1. Pour boiling water in a clockwise motion over your prepared tea bag/herbs/coffee/other mix.

2. Say a warming chant:
    The cold of winter, frost and snow.
    Leave me now- for I must go
    To golden warmth and summer’s light
    This hot brew is my respite!

3. Welcome in the warmth and take a moment to breathe in the steam. Let the heat enter your lungs and begin to grow inside of you.

4. Hold the warm beverage close to your chest as you drink. Focus and feel the heat from the mug as it spreads throughout your body.

5. Imagine yourself somewhere warm and cozy- the exact visualization is up to you. Wrap your mind in fluffy blankets :sleeping_bed:, be a dragon surrounded by flame :dragon:, or hibernate in the fiery center of the earth :fire:

6. Let yourself be overflowing with warmth by the time your mug is empty. Carry that glowing, burning feeling inside you as you finish your meditation.

• Enjoy the Benefits of Meditation. After enjoying a soothing beverage and calming moment, you can continue your day with a clear mind, increased focus, and a boost of positivity (and caffeine!)

After your meditation, welcome back! :heart:

You are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time. Share some pics of your tea, your plans for the rest of the week, or just talk about what’s on your mind today.

Chase away the winter’s chill and let yourself bask in the warmth of a warm brew and good company :hugs:

Wishing everyone a happy and blessed week- looking forward to sharing a moment with you on Thursday!

Love, light, and warmth to you :pray::candle:

7 Likes

I’m thinking about hosting a hangout on Google Meets for anyone that wants to join. It will probably be around 1pm EST and go for about an hour if anyone is interested :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I love the idea. :star_struck:

4 Likes

I feel like I need to participate this week in the coven tea time. I feel like I’m straying away from people and things that I love & I need them now more than ever in my life. Every time things get difficult, they are twice as difficult as the last time. I need to keep some things regular so I don’t lose touch with those I care about the most.

7 Likes

That sounds like fun- thanks for organizing a group call @MeganB! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’ll be on the later side here, so I may have to pass. We’ll see what Thursday brings! :grin: Thanks again!

Having a routine to stick to can help you stay on course and get through the rough patches. It’s a good idea and you are always very welcome to join in for tea time, @Krissie117! You are in my thoughts and I hope this dark time is soon behind you. Love and light! :pray::sun_with_face:

5 Likes

I’ll get a link together for it and post it here for everyone tomorrow for anyone that wants to participate :slight_smile: It can be video and/or audio, depending on what you all prefer. The individual sets their boundaries.

4 Likes

Thank you so much. I think Thursday I am getting my hair done! I will post a picture when it’s finished and I join the tea time. I don’t have any other big plans. I haven’t really done much this week. I want to try to be somewhat productive before the weekend. I did have a couple of uncomfortable days with the weather dropping and we had some snow yesterday. It gets into my joints and I have a permanent chill. So I am trying to navigate that this week. I hope it doesn’t stay this cold, but it’s winter so more of these days are going to be coming. I was knitting hat, but then I split my thumb from the knitting needles, so I am taking a break from that for a couple of days.

6 Likes

I wish I could, maybe next Thursday! I’ll keep my schedule open for next Thursday if you do it again.

4 Likes

Hooray- can’t wait to see your fancy new hair-do, @Krissie117! :grin: Bundle up and stay warm- and keep drinking some nice hot tea to warm you up from the inside! Massachusetts gets pretty darn chilly, but I know living by the sea is a whole other level of brutal winds and stormy winter air :snowflake::ocean: Stay inside as much as you can and be warm! :two_hearts:

That sounds like a plan, @stephanie21! You are very welcome to join whenever you have the time :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

A very merry meet to all!

Cold and brisk here in Warsaw today- we’ve been having some serious wind lately :wind_face: I was out the other day and felt like I was going to blow away! The tall city buildings seem to only fuel the cold gusts when they come :cityscape:

So- this morning I broke out the warmest and toastiest tea I could find!

(apologies for the blur! My camera was apparently not fully awake yet either when I snapped the pic :sweat_smile:)

I usually think of autumn when I think of chai- but there’s a reason this tea is so popular around the holidays too!

Cardamom, clove, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and pepper- Masala Chai is loaded with those glorious Yang spices that give such a boost of warmth, even on the coldest of days :fire:

I forgot to check the temp this morning, but we’re looking at -1 C here right now (30 F for friends in the USA). Forescast is calling for snow :cloud_with_snow:

So all in all, I think it’s a great day for a hot bath ritual and avoiding going outside! :bathtub::laughing: Sending warm hugs and well-wishes to all! I hope everyone is staying toasty and safe today. :hugs:

What is the temperature/weather where you are today? :blush:

4 Likes

Stay warm, @TheTravelWitch! At 1pm, when the zoom tea/coffee starts, it will be sunny and 48° here. :thermometer: I’m on the imperial system, but I have a simple cheat I used to approximate the conversion in my head when I visited Zürich. (It’s not perfect but it gives a rough idea.)

C to F: Multiply the temperature by 2 and then add 30

F to C: Subtract 30 from the temp. and then divide by 2

I get a free :coffee: from Starbucks today so I can’t wait. :grin:

3 Likes

Good morning all!

I had a warm and lovely cup of spiced chai this morning. I love all the warm flavors.

It’s been cold and windy here until yesterday, it thawed out some and is supposed to be in the mid-fifties today with the sun out so that’s nice. I just hate how the weather changes too much, I get weather whiplash. Tuesday it didn’t get out of the twenties, and tomorrow it’s going to be in the sixties. I don’t know what to wear! LOL.

I’d love to hang out on Google Meets but I not voice or camera capable right now. I wouldn’t know how to work a microphone set up for the computer even if I had one.

Not only that, but I have a phone call with my doctor this afternoon at that time, so sorry about that, I’ll be missing it. I wish I could though. It sounds like fun.

As for me, I’ve been feeling pretty seedy this week with all the antibiotics I’ve been on. I didn’t even feel like reading yesterday. ~gasp!~ But today is the last day of the shots, for now at least. The doctor may give me more on Monday but I’ll have a break at least, so that’s good.

So I’m hoping to feel better today and get some writing done. That is between waiting for my doctor to call and the nurse to come by. I hate waiting, it always makes me tired for some reason.

Hope y’all are having a good Thursday!

3 Likes

Good morning everyone :heart: I will be creating a Google Meets meeting today for anyone that wants to get together and “hangout” there. I will be there from 11-12 EST. I have to go get blood drawn at 1:15pm so :woman_shrugging: I’ll be there!

Here is the link to join: https://meet.google.com/mhw-zeux-vxr
If you try to join before 11am EST I won’t be there to let you in :sweat_smile:

:star2: If you’re going to join, please make sure that your name is either your username or your name – something recognizable so I know that a random person isn’t trying to join.
:star2: This won’t be recorded, just want to make sure that’s known.
:star2: I will have my camera and microphone on, but you don’t have to. There is a chat function, too, for anyone that isn’t comfortable having their camera and/or microphone on.

5 Likes

15 Minutes :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you to @praecog29 for joining me in the Meetup!

I’m hoping to see a few more of you there next time :heart:

4 Likes

Uploading: 16076225899344019354178542718092.jpg… Happy Thursday everyone. I received around 6 new teas today in the mail. Im trying the Belly Comfort due to me having a belly ache. Hope everyone is staying safe.

4 Likes

5 Likes

I’m waiting for my hair to dry so I can take a picture. Right now I have a sweater and jeans on because the air is cold, however the winds have been good the last couple of days, so it hasn’t been bad. But when it gets in my joints it stays there.

Today I have my son home from work on his day off & his girlfriend stopped by. I let my daughter take the day off of school because we were puppy sitting earlier and there was no way she would stay focused on school with a puppy and my hair being dyed.

5 Likes

Thanks @praecog29! For both the warm wishes and the neat conversion system- that’s a helpful tool! :grin::thermometer: I hope you enjoyed your free Starbucks drink- what did you end up getting this time? Hope it was yummy! :yum:

Looks like you’re my chai buddy, @Kasie! It’s a great tea for these cold chilly days :coffee::two_hearts: Horray for the last day of shots! I imagine it’s exhausting- it will be good to have a break at least. Sending good wishes for healthy happy feelings- be well, Kasie! :hugs:

Sorry I missed the chat- hope you had a lovely tea time, @MeganB! :heart: And I hope the blood appointment went well for you :pray:

6 new teas is 6 times the excitement, @brad1! :heart_eyes: Your pantry looks so neat and orderly- I love it! I hope the tea helped that your belly is feeling much better now :relieved:

Stay warm, @Krissie117! I know the feeling- it’s hard to recover when the cold seeps into your bones :cold_face: Puppy sitting and hair dyeing sounds like a fun time- I hope you both had a blast! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Thanks love! I got more weird news yesterday so I can use all the good wishes I can get. Evidently the antibiotics are messing with my kidneys or I’m retaining fluid and that’s causing problems with my heart. Or it could be both. What fun. Looks like I’ll be getting another doctor in the future.

3 Likes