(Group Ritual - Feb 11) 🐂 Zodiac Meditation

A very merry meet to all!

After a soothing and peaceful meditation last week, the moon soars across the sky and we approach the start of the Chinese New Year :red_gift_envelope: .

As the Chinese calendar is based on cycles of the moon, the exact date of the New Year is different is each year- but it is always a celebration of the Chinese Zodiac :full_moon: .

2021 is the Year of the Ox! :ox:

To honor the Zodiac of the year, let’s meld a Zodiac Meditation with a Tea Meditation to draw in both the warmth of a tasty brew and the strong qualities of this year’s Zodiac animal :coffee: :ox:

~ :ox: ~ Thursday, February 11th - Zodiac Meditation~ :ox: ~

Find some time to join in for a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :woman_in_lotus_position:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together and share our energies and support when we share a quiet moment together.

Let’s enjoy a relaxing and peaceful tea time as a coven- you are warmly invited!

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage . While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, hot cocoa, or any other beverage :coffee:

• Find a quiet place to relax . Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent . You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :woman_in_lotus_position:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional - Feb 11th) : Drawing on the Zodiac :ox:

2021 is the year of the Ox- an animal known for its strength and perseverance. Captured in a cup, we can draw on these properties to invite the blessings of this year’s Zodiac animal :ox:

1. As you prepare your beverage of choice, begin to slowly open your mind to the world. Be aware of the elements around you, and the vastness of the universe you are a part of :milky_way:

2. When your drink is ready, plant yourself firmly in one place. Imagine your energies interlocking tightly with the ground at your feet- you are anchored securely to the earth :anchor:

3. Take deep, grounding breaths and allow your worries to sink away into the ground- leaving you peaceful and open-minded :relieved:

4. You may imagine yourself growing in size, sprouting powerful horns and becoming an immovable force- mighty and strong, but also peaceful and righteous :peace_symbol:

5. You may say the chant:

Perseverance and power, this meditation unlocks
With gentle might- I’m strong as an Ox!

• Enjoy the Benefits of Meditation. After enjoying a soothing beverage and calming moment, you can continue your day with a clear mind, increased focus, and a boost of positivity.

After your meditation, welcome back! :heart:

You are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time. Share some pics of your tea, your plans for the rest of the week, or just talk about what’s on your mind today.

As the moons pass overhead and the year trudges ever onward, now is a wonderful time to dig in and draw on the strength of this year’s Zodiac animal.

May you firmly follow your heart and be healthy as an Ox! :grin::ox:

Looking forward to a shared cup with you all on Thursday :coffee:

Blessed be! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

I’m setting am alarm for this because I’m the Ox in Chinese zodiac. I thought that was pretty neat!!

6 Likes

Nice! I’m not very familiar with the Chinese zodiac, but this is a great opportunity to learn something new.

5 Likes

This is your year, @Christina4! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :ox: May your Zodiac bring you lots of luck in the coming months :grin:

Cheers to that, @Kasandra! I’m certainly much more familiar with the Western Zodiac, but I’ve always had an interest in the Chinese Zodiac and the animals as well- it’s a fascinating legend and celebration :star_struck: I love your open mind and enthusiasm for learning :books::two_hearts:

6 Likes

@christina4 that sounds perfect! I was born during the year of the snake, so learning about that & the year of the ox sounds like a good thing to do with my zodiac studies that I have taken on.

@TheTravelWitch I love this weeks tea meditation. I’m going to make sure that I join this week. My daughter will be in school and I will have some time by myself before my son wakes up for the day. I can’t wait to learn more about this zodiac.

@Kasandra I’m definitely more familiar with the western zodiac. I remember very little about the western from when I was younger. I have embraced learning about them and seeing how they correlate to me as a person now.

I’m excited to join this one tomorrow! Thank you for the topic!

4 Likes

Wishing a very good morning to all! :city_sunrise:

Today is Donut Day here in Poland (I wrote a bit more about the holiday here) and tomorrow is the beginning of Chinese New Year- lots of excitement this week! :partying_face:

One of my favorite YouTubers posted a charming video about Making Chinese New Year Decorations. The Liziqi Channel is about a girl living in rural China who lives in harmony with nature and traditions. Her videos are stunning and always so relaxing to watch :relaxed: :two_hearts:

I prepared my tea meditation today while thinking about the strong qualities of an Ox- this year’s Zodiac animal. It shares a lot in common with the Wesntern Zodiac Taurus :taurus: - a horoscope of the Earth element (coincidentally, also the theme of this week’s forum challenge!) :ox: :mountain:

A nice earthy raspberry leaf tea this morning :yum: :coffee: I was craving something herbal, although I may need a cup of my usual black tea later today to get me through my work- gotta have that caffiene! :laughing:

May you all find the strength and perseverance of an Ox to help you overcome any challenges in your way today :ox:

Wishing you a very blessed and happy Thursday! Cheers :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Happy Thursday everyone! I’m sitting here having a cup of green tea with lemon and listening to the ice hit the windows. It’s too dark to see outside yet, but we’re having freezing rain and heavy snow and more rain and ice in the forecast up till next week. I have to go out Monday so I hope it’s not too bad. We’re right on the line between freezing rain and rain right now.

Other than that, things are going well for me this week. My Helper and I figured out how to work Kroger’s Pick Up for groceries and Grub Hub for Taco Bell. I haven’t had Taco Bell in a good ten years. It was yummy even if my tummy wasn’t used to it.

I’m having a good week overall! It’s nice to have! I hope y’all are having a good week too!

4 Likes

This morning was one of those days, I felt real calm in a while and I felt even a bit better :innocent: after I did this tea meditation.

Today I had lemon grass tea sweetened with brown sugar. I took some deep breaths to have me settled and imagined all things positive, as I stirred my tea to the left I asked for all negativity out and as I stirred to the right imagined all possible positive things coming in.

I said the chant
Perseverance and power, this meditation unlocks
With gentle might- I’m strong as an Ox! as I meditated a while longer and had my tea I vision the rest of my day to be a peaceful one.:hugs:

I am at work now, starting my day, wishing yours to be a positive one!!

Be Blessed💫
NickWick🔥

5 Likes

I did my meditation much earlier this morning (around 2am) because I couldn’t sleep.

I made myself a cup of jasmine and peppermint tea and looked at some articles on the Chinese zodiac.

I was born in the Year of the Snake. :snake: I was pleasantly surprised when I read all of the qualities that snakes possessed; many of them (calm, thoughtful and loyal to loved ones, broad interests and hobbies, observant) actually apply to me!

It was so nice to read something positive about snakes for a change. I try to have a fair viewpoint of all animals. Yes, some snakes are dangerous, but that doesn’t mean they’re evil. As with fire, you have to practice safety to not get hurt.

I finally felt sleepy after twenty minutes or so and was able to get some shut eye, thankfully. :grin:

Have a blessed day! :waxing_crescent_moon::full_moon::waning_crescent_moon:

6 Likes

This Chinese Video is so peaceful :peace_symbol:
I love animals and the large diversity we share! I can appreciate all walks of life! I
I like the art too that Chinese incorporate!
This was a great topic! Thank you Travel Witch and Francisco!
Happy Chinese New Year :red_gift_envelope:
I noticed that this is the year of the ox and did a meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: Aquarius :aquarius: I can embody the change aspect & accepting who I am & where I am. I just wanted to let you know that meditation has been helping me cope with my waking life! I remember the small things like When the bird was flying in the sky looking down and seeing that everything was small and insignificant like my problems. It’s a great tool!

I am born in the year 1981 makes me Metal Roster Chinese five elements there for people born on this year of 81 or metal roosters! Good fortune :crystal_ball: There a good fortune and wealth cannot be overlooked! That’s awesome :clap:
I like that! They say I am good at argument and very persuasive and very diligent capable responsible and Discipline and they do not like idol people!
Well I had fun with this I hope you all had a wonderful day!

Jeannie
Blessed be beautiful people!

5 Likes

The weather sounds treachorous- be safe and stay warm, @Amethyst! I hope it calms down there before you have to go out on Monday. And I’m so jealous- Taco Bell! :heart_eyes: :taco: I also haven’t had the chance to eat from taco bell in many years. Enjoy it! :yum:

Just reading your words makes me feel relaxed too, @NickWick- you had a truly soothing tea meditation! And that crystal is so beautiful, is it wrapped with wire? Gorgeous :gem::sparkles: Wishing peace and positivity back to you! :blush:

I’m glad you found positivity and were able to learn about the many beneficial traits of your Zodiac, @Kasandra ! :snake: :heart: Wishing a blessed day to you too- enjoy!

Cheers to a fellow rooster, @Jeannie! :rooster: :grin: I’m a water rooster- and it does look like this year is forecasted to be lucky for us! I’ll keep my fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: :laughing: Wishing a Happy Chinese New Year to you as well- blessed be!

5 Likes

I did! It was yummy! LOL. Next time I’ll have an order of nacho fries in your honor! LOL.

3 Likes

This group ritual has ended- but no worries! Visit Activities to find and join current group rituals.