(Group Ritual - Feb 25) ❄ Banishing Cold

A warm welcome to all!

Thanks again to the lovely folks who spread the love in last week’s group ritual- may you continue to carry the blessings of gracious Venus! :rose:

The moon grows brighter in the sky as we approach the Full Snow Moon this weekend. As winter wanes, now is a wonderful time to draw on the energies of this special February moon with your coven! :full_moon: :snowflake:

For the lucky souls who live in warm climates, you may choose to draw the cold energy of this moon towards you in hopes of cooler weather :beach_umbrella: :sunglasses: .

You may also consider offering your thoughts and wishes to your friends and coven members struggling from weather woes. The situation in Texas as well as other places suffering from winter storms could greatly benefit from having good thoughts sent their way :handshake:

For those with the monetary means, you might also consider joining a Raffle for Texas Mutual Aid, with a prize supplied by the generous @MeganB :pray:

[Picture from CNN: Rare Snowfall blankets Texas and Oklahoma]

~ :snowflake: ~ Thursday, February 25th - Banishing Cold ~ :snowflake: ~

Find some time to join in for a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :woman_in_lotus_position:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together and share our energies and support when we share a quiet moment together.

Let’s enjoy a relaxing and peaceful tea time as a coven- you are warmly invited!

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage . While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, hot cocoa, or any other beverage :coffee:

• Find a quiet place to relax . Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent . You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :woman_in_lotus_position:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional - Feb 25) :snowflake: Banishing Cold

The Full Snow Moon is filling up with light- this moon marks the end of winter’s grasp and the last freeze before spring’s arrival. Draw on the energy of this powerful force to banish the cold and welcome in warmer days! :sun_behind_large_cloud:

This tea meditation is inspired by the information and spellwork shared on the Spells8 Snow Moon Spell Page.

Snow-Moon-Spell-Wicca

1. While any beverage is acceptable, a warm beverage is best suited to the ritual this week. Prepare a nice, steaming drink to warm your body and soul :relaxed:

2. Add any sweeteners to taste, and stir your drink 3 times counter-clockwise in an act of banishment. You may say the words:

The clutches of winter, ice and snow-
Leave me now- it’s time to go!

1. Then, stir your drink 3 times clockwise in an act of conjuring. You may say the words:

Let the sun shine and birds sing-
I welcome in the days of spring!

1. Sip your drink and imagine the warmth of your beverage to chase away any chill from within you. Visualize the return of sunny days and spring blossoms with each relaxing sip :coffee:
  • Enjoy the Benefits of Meditation. After enjoying a soothing beverage and calming moment, you can continue your day with a clear mind, increased focus, and a boost of positivity.

After your meditation, welcome back! :heart:

You are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time. Share some pics of your tea, your plans for the rest of the week, or just talk about what’s on your mind today.

The power of the moon helps to unlock and direct our magick- whether you choose to banish the cold or draw in cooler weather, may you embrace the many blessings of Her light! :full_moon: :sparkles:

Sending warm thoughts and prayers to all those struggling with bad weather conditions. May everyone be blessed with a better situation this week :pray:

I’m looking forward to sharing a warm cup and peaceful moment with you this Thursday! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Love and Light :heart: :candle:

11 Likes

I’m checking out the Snow Moon spell/ritual now! I haven’t done a moon spell in a very long time. The end of winter moon seems like a good time to do that and welcome in warmer weather here. Plus I love anything that involves my journal. I will definitely be at this week’s tea time. The last 2 weeks I have missed it. I could use the warmth & strength from my coven this week. It’s such a comforting feeling to have the support of everyone.

7 Likes

Nice choice! In Texas where they were freezing last week, it’s supposed to get up to the seventies today. So hopefully this tea time will banish away the last of the winter and we can all have an early spring!

You’ll have it @Siofra! We’re rooting for you love!

8 Likes

Thank you so much!

We had a cold rain yesterday. Today it is warmer & sunny out but icy. So I am staying in my house. My joints & back aren’t nearly as bad as they have been. I hope it warms up & things start coming together for TX.

8 Likes

Perfect meditation this week! Milder temperatures (low to mid 40’s) have finally returned to my area. It’s wet everywhere from all the melting ice and snow, but I’m not gonna complain one bit.

7 Likes

It sounds like end of winter moon is calling to you, @Siofra- you are very welcome at tea time and I always look forward to sharing a cup with you! :coffee: :blush:

Goodness, the 70’s- that is quite a jump from last week’s icy weather, @Amethyst! It seems this moon really is bringing the end of winter and the return of warmth- even quicker than expected! :sun_with_face: :+1:

So glad to hear milder temperatures have returned to you, @Kasandra. I imagine it will be a bit slushy for a while- may the last of the ice and snow melt quickly, so that a beautiful spring can find its way to you soon! :tulip: :blush:

5 Likes

I feel like it is, just to help me through this time with my family. We are having an upset in the dynamic that I am working very hard on it going smoothly. Some days it’s harder than others. I will explain more when I get a little more through it. I know it’s hard to understand because of the vagueness. I will explain though at a future date.

The weather was in the high 30s/low 40s yesterday so after we had close to 8 inches of snow then a day of rain and freezing temps the melting made the icy ground very slippery. So I stayed home yesterday. My driveway was treacherous & I almost went down a few times when I had to take out the dog. My joints & back weren’t bad yesterday but the week prior everyday was a fight to be able to get up & move around. I’m happy that we have some milder temps coming our way, even if it is just for today. I really have to watch the weather this morning & see how it is turning out for the week ahead.

@Amethyst I would love to have the 70s around here. You must feel great or enjoy being outside when you can. I know I would. That is the most comfortable weather for me!

4 Likes

60’s for me but 70’s for Texas. They need it. This month has really y flown by, it’s almost over. I think I’ll open my window to day, let some fresh air in!

I’m not comfortable going outside right now, not without tripping over the plumbers at least. They’re working on my hallway. But yeah, it’s going to be nice outside. I hope it continues and moves its way up North to y’all!

I almost posted my Thursday post before I woke up and realized it was Wednesday. Oopsy. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

It’s going to be in the 40s… I can wear a hoodie in this weather! I have some errands to do & I’m looking forward to being outside in the sun & fresh crisp air today. I have been in my house since it started snowing because I am not built to attempt slippery places anymore. It’s going to be the warmest day in February here.

5 Likes

Enjoy getting out of the house! It’ll be good for you to get out and get some fresh air!

4 Likes

@Amethyst I was pleasantly surprised when I went out to pick up my medicine and it’s close to 50 degrees!

4 Likes

It got up to 65 here! I’ve had my windows open and it’s still warm in my apartment! :sun_with_face:

5 Likes

Hooray for the warmer weather where you’re at @Amethyst and @Siofra- it seems like spring is coming for you both! :blush::tulip::sun_with_face:

Lol Kasie, I’ve almost done this before too- sometimes the days just tend to blur together! :joy:

4 Likes

Merry meet, merry greet, and happy Thursday to all!

It looks like the Snow Moon truly is heralding the end of winter’s icy grasp- it’s wonderful to hear that many of you are enjoying nicer weather this week!

And the good news grows, as we finally have sunny skies here in Warsaw too! :sun_with_face:

The clutches of winter, ice and snow-
Leave me now- it’s time to go!

Let the sun shine and birds sing-
I welcome in the days of spring!

Looking forward to a calm day here, I’m hoping to get some reading done today :open_book: :nerd_face: Sending warm wishes and springtime sun from me to all of you- along with lots of love! :hugs:

May you have a very blessed Thursday- Love and Light! :heart: :candle:

6 Likes

Happy Thursday everyone!

I had myself a cup of Constant Comment tea this morning. It has a hint of orange in it and that makes me think of sunshine. We had a wonderful day here yesterday and even though it’s colder and foggy it’s not too bad so far here. Less than four weeks till Spring people!

Hope y’all have a good day!

6 Likes

:sunny: Good morning everyone! :sunny:

Without really thinking about it, I had this itch to sit outside on my patio with my coffee this morning. The sun is shining and bright but there is a nice breeze. It doesn’t get that cold here in Florida, but the cold that was here is now moving on.

I didn’t do much of the meditation here, honestly, but I soaked up the sunshine and read some of my Ogham book. I’m hoping this can become a daily ritual until summer, at least, when I will have to start worrying more about the mosquitos.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!

8 Likes

Good morning! :sun_with_face:
The sun is shining brightly here and most of the snow and ice has melted!
I chose a cup of ginger tea and lit an orange candle for Apollo.
In a few weeks (if the weather stays nice) my crocuses, daffodils and hyacinths will start to bloom and I’ll be able to smell my garden peppermint again. The magnolia and dogwood trees in my neighborhood will blossom.
These thoughts of spring made me warmer and gave me an appreciation for warmer months since this winter was harsh at times. Likewise, heat waves during the hotter months make me appreciate fall and winter too, :laughing:
Have a blessed Thursday! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Ah yes, the dreaded Florida mosquito. Is it true they sometimes show up on the radar? LOL.

Sounds like a beautiful ritual @MeganB! I find reading to be a nice way to connect to the divine.

Sounds as if you’ve had a good morning @Kasandra! I can’t wait for the spring flowers to pop up! I don’t like it when it’s too hot or too cold, I like Spring and Fall when it’s just in between. Glad you had a good morning!

5 Likes

Good evening everyone! I’m sorry this is so late, but I have been having an off week with my sleeping. Today it caught up with me & I didn’t get out of bed until 1 PM because I kept dozing off after 10 AM. My daughter made my son’s girlfriend a red velvet cake with almond vanilla buttercream icing for her birthday this afternoon then sometime after 4 PM I fell asleep until just after 7 PM.

Enough about that, things have started changing in my life & things are a bit shaken up right now, but they feel like they are working in my favor. I did a 4 card spread today and it said that I did the right thing and now I have to focus on self-love & my own happiness but that the upcoming event is for my highest good. But, I have to sit with my feelings & the self-love I’m getting through it one day at a time right now. I think the stress is contributing to my new sleep schedule of waking up at 4 AM for the day.

I’m definitely ready for spring after the last couple of days here. Yesterday it was in the high 40s and today it was in the low 50s with a slight gusty wind. I bought seed to plant in the spring today, English Lavender, Green Beans, Carrots, Castlebury Flowers (?), Green/Red Peppers, & Cucumbers. I’m ready to go through my gardens! I use lavender a lot in my practice so I’m happy that I get to plant some. I have to go through my Amazon to see if I can find that purple bulb flower that @TheTravelWitch found where she is in Poland. I can’t remember the name of it, would you happen to know TravelWitch? I’m excited to start getting things in the ground soon & the warmer weather. I even bought a new spring dress the other day!

That’s all I have, I missed the last 2 teas on Thursdays, so I’m happy that I got to join in this one. Have a great night/day!

5 Likes

Hi Krissie,
Merry Meet :bell:
I just wanted to say hi, I too love anything to do with the journal & I know you do too! I wanted you to know that I got the binder you recommended. I chose the red binder and I love it!!! :revolving_hearts: :cyclone:
:high_brightness: Bright Blessings :star2:
I loved my meditation it went really good, and did my ritual, and the moon was so bright. I had my shoes off and could feel the coldness on my feet! :footprints:
I just love the energy gleaming off the moon. I absorbed it’s energy into me! I am seeing things with a new light!
I hope your feeling the warmth from your cup of tea, I am drinking Chamomile.
I am sorry I am late but I made some soup today to inhance my health so I am a little late. I have my purple candle burning besides me thinking about our coven and sending you ALL love and light!! Its really nice over hear its like warm weather like in the 70’s. I went to the happy p,lace today Roscoe played jumped in the water. And I went for a long hike after I got the Covid19 Shot. I feel okay not one reaction.
Blessed Be :first_quarter_moon_with_face: :new_moon: :last_quarter_moon_with_face:
Jeannie :wink:

6 Likes