(Group Ritual - Feb 4) 🕊 A Meditation on Peace

Merry Meet to all! :grin:

After a howling good gathering last week, we watch as the moon slowly begins to wane- making its way towards a restful time :relieved:

With the January Cold/Wolf Moon behind us and the February Hunger/Death Moon still in the distance- this is a wonderful time to step back and have a peaceful moment of relaxation.

But then again, it’s always a great time to share a cup and a wholesome moment with your coven! :coffee: :grin:

~ :dove: ~ Thursday, February 4th - A Peaceful Moment ~ :dove: ~

Find some time to join in for a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :woman_in_lotus_position:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together and share our energies and support when we share a quiet moment together.

Let’s enjoy a relaxing and peaceful tea time as a coven- you are warmly invited!

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage . While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, hot cocoa, or any other beverage :coffee:

• Find a quiet place to relax . Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent . You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :woman_in_lotus_position:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional - Feb 4th) : A Cup for Peace :dove:

Invoke peace and seek freedom from stress, anxiety, and/or situations holding you back from being your best self.

This meditation is based on the Spells8 Prayer for Peace and Guidance and has been adapted for a tea ritual.

Wiccan-Prayer-for-Peace-and-Guidance-750x500

1. Before you prepare your beverage, consider saying thanks. Expressing thanks (to the ingredients, earth, diety of your choice, or to yourself) helps to open your mind and heart :pray:.

2. Pour the hot water or drink into your mug and imagine the steam carrying away all of your worries. Let the heat melt away your fears and stress- leaving you empty and relaxed :person_in_lotus_position: .

3. Concentrate on your breathing- visualizing that each breath out is expelling any conflict or bad energy you have within your life. As you breathe in, imagine peace and joy entering your space :dove:

4. As you hold the warm mug and focus on your breath, you may choose to say the words of the Peace Prayer :scroll::
    tea ritual prayer chant
    The full prayer is available on Spells8 as a Printable Page

5. Relax, drink, and perhaps also watch along with the Prayer Video :headphones:

• Enjoy the Benefits of Meditation. After enjoying a soothing beverage and calming moment, you can continue your day with a clear mind, increased focus, and a boost of positivity.

After your meditation, welcome back! :heart:

You are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time. Share some pics of your tea, your plans for the rest of the week, or just talk about what’s on your mind today.

I hope everyone is staying warm and well in these lingering winter days! Wishing you happiness and peace to help welcome in the spring :bird:

And as always, I’m looking forward to sharing a cup with you on Thursday!

Blessed be :two_hearts:

13 Likes

Looking forward to it @TheTravelWitch !

7 Likes

I hope I can join in, the plumbers are working in my apartment a half a week early. Tomorrow actually, and I’m not ready. I’m running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I hope I’m back in my apartment by Thursday, but we’ll see.

7 Likes

I’ve rejiggled my work schedule so I can make this on Thursday :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ve got alot going on but maybe I can make it.

5 Likes

Should be able to make this, will put in my reminder :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

As long as nothing comes up, I plan to be here on Thursday. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

I see that date but is there any particular time that we would sync on :question: if not, that is fine too.

5 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate the instructions and freedom to modify. I’m still new to meditating so this will be a wonderful practice for me. Looking forward to it! Also is there a certain time that the majority will be meditating? Or just anytime on the the 4th?

5 Likes

Everyone does their meditating :woman_in_lotus_position:t3: with tea/coffee/whatever at different times. I usually do mine around noon EST. (We have tried organizing a specific time to do it together - with a video chat, too - but that’s ended with all people from one time zone. :upside_down_face:)

While we all do this throughout the day in our own timing, together we are one coven celebrating. I :blue_heart: seeing what others did during the group rituals. It’s a wonderful way for us to connect and I am thankful :pray:t3: for @TheTravelWitch for organizing these each week.

4 Likes

Looking forward to sharing a cup with you too, @Berta, @Abs53, @NickWick, @Kasandra and hopefully @Amethyst ( good luck with the visiting plumbers, girl! :crossed_fingers: ) and @Christina4 (I hope things quiet down soon and you find a moment to rest! :pray:)

And that’s a great question @Apikaile and @Robin77! :blush: Benjamin summed it up perfectly- as we all call different time zones home, everyone is free to enjoy their meditation on their own schedule. The weekly ritual has proven to be a good way for us all to connect despite schedule challenges and the physical miles between us :+1:

Feel free to pop in when you finish/through the day to join in and share everyone else’s meditative moments! :person_in_lotus_position: :two_hearts:

Looking forward to a ritual with you all tomorrow- blessed be! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

The plumbers are here but haven’t kicked me out of my apartment! So yay! I have my computer and my TV even if I had to put my cat out for the day. He’d just get underfoot. And they should be done today so I should be here tomorrow! I’ll just be glad when it’s done!

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to this one. I have had a pretty busy beginning to the week. It will be nice to have some time with a cup of something tomorrow. I also have to keep reminding myself that today is Wednesday and not Thursday or Friday. I don’t know what messed with my week in my head, but I’m already at the weekend. :rofl:

4 Likes

Hate to be Negative but; the War Mongers are in the Whitehouse again. Do a protection spell for the people of Syria.

4 Likes

That’s good to hear the plumbers will finish up soon- I hope they have already moved on and you have a peaceful apartment once again, @Amethyst! Fingers crossed it all went well :crossed_fingers: :blush:

Hahaha I know the feeling, @Siofra- sometimes it’s tough to keep the days in line! They do have a habit of blurring together :laughing: But we’re in luck- the weekend is almost here! :raised_hands:

There is a lot of negativity in the news and politics have been especially troubling as of late (although I admit they have never been one of my favorite topics :sweat_smile:). @john4, rather than focusing on the chaos, this tea meditation is an invitation in the other direction- focusing on peace :dove: It’s a good chance to step back from the individual threads of turbulence and begin weaving a sense of calm and control- a light in dark times :candle: And goodness knows we need more light in these days! :blush:

4 Likes

A warm welcome to all!

Merry meet from a misty morning in Warsaw- but a bit of a silver lining, as the rains have washed away the last traces of snow. I can finally see grass again! Despite the chilly air, it truly is beginning to feel like spring is on her way :seedling: :blush:

I had my morning cuppa inside, warm and toasty, with my plants and a few crystals (plus autumn chestnuts that I can’t seem to make myself get rid of :laughing:) to keep me company.

It was a relaxing and soothing meditation that I think I might do again this evening, along with my nightly gratitude routine :person_in_lotus_position: Maybe it was the thoughts of peace and harmony, the relaxing Earl Grey, the excitement of the coming weekend, or a mix of everything- but I’m feeling pretty good this morning! :grin:

I hope everyone is doing well- wishing you all a very blessed Thursday!

Sending lots of love and light to you :pray::dove:

5 Likes

I hope you were able to do it today. :slight_smile: Did they finish the apartment in time? I see you weren’t kicked out. That is awesome! Are you getting more done with the helper? Is that a good thing? :sweat_smile:

Yay! How did it go?

I hope you were able to get some time for personal meditation and reflection, Christina. :hugs: Blessings to you.

It’s so nice having you in the coven, Nick. I :blue_heart: your enthusiasm to learn and to be a part of everything we do here. You are a bright spot in my day when I see your responses. :slight_smile:

I know what you mean, Krissie. I kept thinking yesterday was Friday. Then I had to go to work today. :rofl:

Berta, Stephanie, Abby, Robin, were you all able to take part today? I can’t wait to hear about your experiences.

Thank you for the love and light, Brianna. :pray:t3: Excitement for the coming weekend? Doing anything special? I am so happy for you having the time to do nightly gratitude routines and you are feeling better today.

As I drank my coffee today, I reflected on the peace I felt yesterday while experiencing the outdoors for the first time this week. This peace continued into this morning. I was able to sleep all through the night and even dream.

I talked to my best friend today and she agreed to help me with a fire ritual this weekend to remove the ghost I created from memories of my past. It’s not healthy to dwell on this specific moment in time and the fire ritual will help me purge the pain I still feel. I reflected on the peace I will receive from this upcoming ritual and how thankful I am for you in the coven and for my best friend for supporting me.

4 Likes

@praecog29 Im glad you found some peace :v: Fire ritual sounds awesome! Can’t wait to read about it!

@TheTravelWitch earl grey, lovely :relaxed:

I feel a bit vulnerable today; I don’t know if it’s to do with the moon in Scorpio but I’m feeling all types of emotional :joy: so my tea meditation was well received. A nice warm cup of love :heart:

I have started watching Headspace: A Guide to Meditation on Netflix - I really like the narrator! So I watched the second episode of this today and meditated on my intentions for the coming week.

Now I’m off to pop an edible, eat a gallon of ice cream while I watch the last season of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina :joy:

Tomorrow’s a new day!! :+1:

5 Likes

I will be doing today’s meditation when the moon rises in my area and will be posting my thoughts soon after I’m done. :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks for this space, @TheTravelWitch! My meditation is going along with my Fire Challenge post.

This is a simple tea based on the following Fiery herbs:

• Ginger (3 pieces)
  • Black Pepper (1 teaspoon -ground)
  • Clove (5 pieces)

It’s strong yet relaxing, and very warming. I lit a tealight candle to make it a true fire ritual.

I hope everyone’s having a calm day!

5 Likes