(Group Ritual - Jan 14) 🌒 A Cup for the Waxing Crescent

A very warm welcome to all!

After refreshing and rejuvenating from the New Moon on Tuesday/Wednesday night :new_moon:, we will begin Thursday with the light of a Waxing Crescent Moon :waxing_crescent_moon: .

This is a wonderful time to join your coven for a shared cup and bask in the benefits of this moon phase :sparkles:

~ :waxing_crescent_moon: ~ Thursday, January 14th - A Cup for the Waxing Cresent ~ :waxing_crescent_moon: ~

Find some time to join in for a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :woman_in_lotus_position:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together and share our energies and support when we share a quiet moment together.

Let’s enjoy a relaxing and peaceful tea time as a coven- you are warmly invited!

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage . While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, or any other beverage :coffee:

• Find a quiet place to relax . Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent . You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :woman_in_lotus_position:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional: Jan 14th) : Tea for the Waxing Crescent Moon :waxing_crescent_moon:

The Spells8 Waxing Moon Guide suggests now is the time for expansion, progress, and achievements .

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

As the Moon fills with light in the days between a new and full moon, this waxing period offers a great time to check in on our new years goals and adjust our strategies towards manifestation.

1. Place your tea leaves/coffee bag/cocoa power in your mug and pour the hot water in a clock-wise motion.

2. Stir your drink and imagine the moon growing brighter, filling in the sky and illuminating your wish with each clockwise turn.

3. Hold your drink as it steeps- focusing on your goals and gently assessing what is going well or what is standing in your way.

4. If you are facing any problems or roadblocks, imagine the steam carrying those worries away. As the drink cools, the steam will subside- carrying away your stress and allowing you to think clearly about a path forward.

5. When you reach the bottom of your mug, inhale and exhale deeply three times. Let yourself be filled with the incoming energy of the waxing moon, bringing motivation and the ability to achieve your goals.

6. You may choose to say an affirmation or chant to enhance these feelings. Consider:

The wish in my heart, I clearly see.
Make dreams become real- so mote it be.

1. Continue your day or night with the intention to actively pursue your desires.
  • Enjoy the Benefits of Meditation. After enjoying a soothing beverage and calming moment, you can continue your day with a clear mind, increased focus, and a boost of positivity (and caffeine!)

After your meditation, welcome back! :heart:

You are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time. Share some pics of your tea, your plans for the rest of the week, or just talk about what’s on your mind today.

January moves forward and the Wheel of the Year is already tipping towards Imbolc :seedling: Are you planning any celebrations or spring preparations?

Looking forward to a peaceful moment and a shared connection over a tasty beverage. What tea will you be drinking this week? :coffee:

Love and light to all- Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

I wonder what tea I’ll pick this week. :hugs:

6 Likes

Ooooh I see this becoming a new favourite! :heart_eyes: thanks for sharing such a gorgeous affirmation/spell!

7 Likes

Oh, I am so excited for this tea time. I was so sad when I realized that I missed last week’s. I had the hand appointment and mixed feelings about it when I got home. Thank you to @praecog29 for somehow knowing that and reaching out to me that day. It meant a lot to me. I hope everyone is having a great week! :heart:

4 Likes

DITTO DITTO DITTO… @Limeberry

I really like this one. @TheTravelWitch

Here is my new Matcha bowl. Can’t wait for Ostara!!!

9 Likes

Choices, choices! I hope you find something yummy :yum::tea:

You’re welcome, @Limeberry! It’s an older one, but one of my personal favorites. I’m glad you like it too! :heart:

No worries at all, Krissie- sorry to hear you were feeling down about it. No stress if life’s many responsibilities get in the way- there will always be another chance, as tea time comes around once a week! :hugs::two_hearts: Hope you’re feeling better now and having a great week too!

It’s gorgeous, @Berta! :heart_eyes: I am a huge fan of tea cups- and it looks like you’ve found a lovely treasure! It looks like a Japanese cha-wan tea bowl, perfect for tea ceremonies and drinking matcha! :yum::green_heart: Enjoy!

6 Likes

Oooh it’s beautiful! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::rabbit2:

6 Likes

This week and last week have been pretty good to me. I have nothing negative to say because so many things are coming together for me. It seems like everything is fitting into place.

5 Likes

It was a dark and stormy morning…

But a cup of tea of the coven never fails to bring some joy and warmth to these dreary winter days! :grin:

We’ve been getting more snow here- but hardly any of it seems to stick around. But I still like looking out the window and seeing the peaceful flakes tumbling down :cloud_with_snow::blush:

Unfortunately, the smog has been pretty bad lately so I can never tell if the clouds are bringing more snow or are just nasty stuff in the air :cloud::mask: Hopefully it will clear up soon!

Looking forward to enjoying the waxing moon energy over the coming days :waxing_crescent_moon: - I’ve been working on some of my goals, but it’s a good time to reassess and see what else I can do to make my resolutions more possible :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Sending big hugs and lots of love from Warsaw- how is everyone else doing today? :hugs::heart:

Blessed be!

5 Likes

Happy Thursday all! I started physical therapy yesterday so I had a nice cup of Spiced Chai tea after doing my exercises. Some of them are more difficult than others, like the squats, but I think they’ll help me gain some range of motion in my legs. It’s started out well so I’m hopeful.

That’s what I focused on today, gaining mobility. I still have to walk down the hall and back today but I’m waiting till the mail runs, that way I can get the mail at the same time.

Other than that I’m having a good day. The plumbers are shutting off the water for a few hours today so I have an excuse not to wash dishes. LOL. I’m going to try to do some creative writing today. We’ll see how that goes.

That’s the best kind of snow to have! All the prettiness of watching it fall, none of the shoveling, and having to watch your footing! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyhow, hope y’all are having a good Thursday! :hugs:

4 Likes

Good morning! I’m having a shotgun kind of day. My daughter missed the bus & then forgot her Chromebook at home. My hips & back were working under protest this morning. Once I am done with my errands & chores, I will have a cup of tea with everyone! I won’t forget today! I hope everyone has a great day!

3 Likes

8:46 am (Local Time) - Good morning, coven. I went to bed thinking of you and going over the Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: January 2nd. My thoughts are on the upcoming coffee while I meditate.

I am at my dad’s house. I’ve been here, in the beautiful state of Michigan, since Tuesday. My brother flew :airplane: up from Atlanta and this is only the second time in 28 years since we(the 3 of us) have been able to be together. The first time was over :turkey: Thanksgiving day.

The reasons for this trip are less fortunate. One of the four uncles on my father’s side died over the weekend. Him and my dad were the closest among the brothers. They even served in Vietnam together.

I didn’t know my uncle at all. He moved to Massachusetts before I was born and I only saw him three times in my life. :hushed: But my dad and brother, who did know him, are thankful for my presence while they grieve.

Two of my best friends are dealing with huge life changes and I continue to comfort them as best as I can from here and I look forward to this weekend when we can hug and cry things out together.

I am thankful I had them when I needed them most and I am finally in a place in my life that I can bless my family and my friends with comfort. :hugs: I also saw the good news about @janelle getting married. I am sure she mentioned it elsewhere but the day is fast approaching and I am so happy for her. (I also love weddings and I am a sucker for :movie_camera:Romantic Comedies​:tickets:.

10 am - After going through the latest posts in the forum, I got ready for my day. Remember the :bathtub: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Scrub-a-dub, Magick in the Tub!? I was able to use my shower time to meditate on my friends on Spells8 and to reset for my day. Then I took time to honor my Goddess and now I am finishing this “journal” before we head out.

While I have a Starbucks at every corner where I live, my dad’s closest one is 30 mins away! :crazy_face: My best time for meditation will be in the back of my brother’s rental vehicle while he drives us there. I am so ready for my Java Chip :coffee: and for time alone in my inner temple.

@TheTravelWitch, winters are warmer :thermometer: in the Mid-West this year. Today it is sunny and 42 F, 5.5 C. When I was a child, in January we would be covered in snow with an average of 32 F, 0 C. Personally, I prefer the warmer temperatures. :wink:

@berta, what a lovely bowl!

@kasie, how was walking to the mail? How do you feel after the first round of therapy? Extra pain? Is the water already off? We had no sink or dishwasher for a couple days last year and had to use microwavable foods and paper/plastic plates and utensils.

11:45 am - To avoid this becoming a book📖, I will skip the drive to and from Starbucks. I will tell you that during the trip I reflected on how happy I was this week to see @mrs, @haley, and @Tamera all active again on the forum. All of us are facing uncertainty and taking breaks is healthy, but I’m still thrilled to see their posts. I thought about @colin and his new faith and statue. And I remembered @megan, @SilverBear, and @Francisco’s informative discussions. (Smudging, Shadow Work & A Dark Moon, :candle: Flickering Magic: How to Read Candle Flames, Meanings and Interpretations.)

As I meditated, I thanked my Goddess. :waxing_crescent_moon::full_moon::waning_crescent_moon: Our new moon :new_moon: was during the day so she wasn’t out last night. The sky was dark and my dad lives within rural farmland. This made the night darker than I’m used to. I’ve never feared the dark, even as a child, but after my episode in September I’ve actually been afraid… to the point I needed lights on in the house :house:. But last night in the dark and alone with my thoughts? I wasn’t afraid anymore. Mental healing is a freeing thing. :blue_heart:

@krissie117, oh no! I hope you are able to rest at home after all the running around.

Thank you, to those that read this rambling post. I hope you all enjoyed a tea/coffee and remembered each other as we celebrated a moment of meditation and reflection - remotely but together.

7 Likes

I’m home for the day. I did as much as I could after my morning and that turned out to be 1 errand & getting the food out of the bags, not necessarily put away. Well, the refrigerator stuff is away. I am sitting in my bed relaxing because if I don’t I will surely be sorry later on.

My doctor thinks that my blood sugar is dropping too low in the afternoon/evening and that’s why I am super napping now until bedtime. So I had to pick up some protein things. I got some yogurts & yogurt smoothies then I also picked up Carnation Instant Breakfasts. I had an instant breakfast and yogurt before I retreated to my room. If I feel a little better after this, maybe I will try a housework type of thing.

I did start using my Headspace app again. My daughter downloaded it to her phone for herself to try to help with her anxiety & feelings of being overwhelmed at home & at school. So I figured that I might as well start using it again. I did pay for the subscription a while back. It was nice to get back to basics and release some tension for a little bit. Quiet the mind. I realized how much better I feel this January compared to a few weeks ago when I didn’t think that I could live like this anymore. I think I actually said that out loud when I had multiple breakdowns one day. Everything was so heavy. Now things are so much better, I’m so proud of myself for making it this far.

@praecog29 thank you! Yes, I am going to relax now & I think while I’m doing that I am going to check out the Smudging post because somehow I missed it & I have to do that again. It’s been a long time since I smudged anything in this house! This may be the day for it, but honestly, it will probably be tomorrow when no one is home with me.

I’m looking forward to writing in my journal today. Nothing major, I just feel like writing. I hope everyone has a great day today!

7 Likes

Happy Thursday everyone!!! I just got back from eating with my brother at Primenti Brothers. I had a nice Pastrami Cheese Sandwich and great visit with my bro. Im at home now enjoying a cup of hot Dandelion Root Tea with my cat Little Bit. Hope everyone is staying Safe!!!

8 Likes

Oh, he is beautiful! Sounds like you are having a good day! I hope it continues! I’m now watching the Bruins vs the Devils on TV. It’s the first game for them of the season!

7 Likes

That’s funny cause I’m a Big Hockey Fan. NHL Season started last night. Im a NY Islanders fan. Lo

7 Likes

Ah… mine starts tonight, I’m a Bruins fan. Right now they are 0 -0 at the end of the first. I’m so excited there’s another hockey fan! Yay!

EDIT: Marchand scored right after I submitted the post to make it 1 - 0

6 Likes

Yes i Love Hockey. I watched the Pens vs Flyers last night. I also like the Flyers. But a Bigger Islanders Fan. They play there in state rival the Rangers tonight. Enjoy the game. Go Isles!!!

5 Likes

I’m glad you’re all together but I’m sorry for the reason it’s happening. I’ll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

The water was off today but it’s back on tonight. My knee is hurting like heck, but that’s the knee I had a pane of glass fall on for my 25th birthday and I got fourteen stitches for so I expected that. My rollator walker really helps me get down the hall to the mail. But I was proud of myself this morning, I got up and did my exercises without trying to get out of them. So go me!

Thanks for asking @praecog29! And I’m glad you weren’t as afraid of the dark last night.

I’m so glad you’re feeling better @krissie117! I’ve been keeping you in mind during my prayers at night. Sounds like you’ve had a busy day and the fact that you’re so cheerful sounding when you’re tired even lets me know you’re getting there!

@brad1, Little Bit is too cute! He’s just chilling out there.

5 Likes

Yes! Sometimes life makes our practices and communications inconsistent… and there isn’t much we can do. It’s great to hear that the winters are getting warmer! I think something similar is happening in Oregon where it doesn’t rain as much as it used to in the winter.

20210114_180246

My tea break was great. I burned a few candles last night and felt the renewing energy of the New Moon :new_moon: Today I received some good news and I went out to play tennis for the first time in the year.

Ouch! That sounds like a big cut! I almost want to see the scar!! But no nevermind :laughing: Hurrah for exercising!

6 Likes