(Group Ritual - Jan 21) ☃ Celebrating Midwinter

Warm greetings to all!

The weeks of winter flit by and we are already approaching Midwinter- a time of festivals and celebrations in some parts of the world :snowflake:

This is a wonderful time to share some joy and a steaming cup of something magically delicious with your coven :tea::blush:

One of the most famous pagan Midwinter celebrations is Þorrablót (Thorrablot): an Icelandic Midwinter festival celebrated during the 13th week of winter. This is a time to eat, drink, and be merry as the winter nights move towards warmer spring days :sun_with_face:

The Visit Iceland website has a page with more information about Thorrablot, and if you have an interest in the unique traditions from this part of the world you may also like to read about the Yule Cat :cat:

~ :snowman_with_snow: ~ Thursday, January 21st - Celebrating the Midwinter Festival ~ :snowman_with_snow: ~

Find some time to join in for a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :woman_in_lotus_position:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together and share our energies and support when we share a quiet moment together.

Let’s enjoy a relaxing and peaceful tea time as a coven- you are warmly invited!

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage . While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, hot cocoa, or any other beverage :coffee:

• Find a quiet place to relax . Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent . You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :woman_in_lotus_position:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional - Jan 21) : Celebrating Midwinter :snowman_with_snow:

Treat yourself to something yummy and feel the joy of Midwinter with a tea ritual inspired from the Icelandic traditions of Thorrablot!

1. Take a moment to relish in gratitude as you prepare your beverage. Your hard work has made it possible for you to partake in this beverage- be proud of your efforts, and the rewards they brought :raised_hands:

2. Feel free to treat yourself (if diets and health conditions allow it)- add a little extra honey or sugar, and consider accompanying your drink with a tasty snack :yum: This is a celebratory time today!

3. Prepare your drink with gusto- letting an abundance of energy flow in and out of you with every breath :sparkles:

4. When your drink is ready, hold it up in offering. The festival Thorrabolt honors Thor- the Old Norse God of Thunder :cloud_with_lightning: , but you are welcome to worship or meditate on any deity you feel a connection with.

5. You may choose to say an offering prayer, chant, or spell to honor the deity or being of your choice, such as the following:

Great winter wanes and spring blooms in sight-
Today we celebrate the return of the light.
Joy is abundant and worries are few-
With your blessing, I lift my cup to you!

1. Sip your blessed brew, and let the warmth from your mug fill you with joy and the knowledge that warmer days are soon to come :sun_behind_small_cloud:

In the spirit of celebrations, I lift my cup to you!

• Enjoy the Benefits of Meditation. After enjoying a soothing beverage and calming moment, you can continue your day with a clear mind, increased focus, and a boost of positivity (and caffeine!)

After your meditation, welcome back! :heart:

You are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time. Share some pics of your tea, your plans for the rest of the week, or just talk about what’s on your mind today.

Lifting my cup to honor all of you this week- wishing everyone a very happy and blessed Midwinter! :snowflake: See you in spirit on Thursday :relieved:

Love, Light, and Blessed be! :sparkles:

8 Likes

See you all then!!! :blush: And, ooh :astonished: I love that coffee mug that says, “Son’s of Odin… Valhalla”!!

6 Likes

I feel like in Thor’s honor we should be drinking ale or something. I hope he doesn’t mind me sticking to tea! LOL.

5 Likes

This sounds like a great idea. I will definitely partake in a celebratory cup of tea! Thank you for the information as always. Getting more involved in the tea meditations could potentially step up my craft. I’ll have to keep an eye out for more. :slightly_smiling_face: :blue_heart:

4 Likes

I was hunting for good pics on Pixabay and came across that one- I laughed at how perfect it was! :joy: Glad you liked it too :grin:

Hahaha ohhh I love this, Kasie! If you’re up for an Ale meditation no one’s going to stop you- that actually sounds like a blast! :laughing::beers:

You are very welcome to join, Colin- it would be an honor to share a cup with you! :coffee::blush: There’s a tea meditation with a new theme every Thursday- feel free to join, learn about the current topic, and/or draw inspiration for your own rituals :sparkling_heart:

See you Thursday! :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Very much looking forward to joining everyone!

6 Likes

If only I wasn’t allergic to alcohol! LOL.

3 Likes

I have this one written down in my planner :snowflake: I could use every bit of peace I can get right now :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Wishing everyone a a wonderful and blessed Mid Summer too! I just wanted to say, that I am going to get some tea for tomorrow! I am excited to have tea with you all! I miss all of your company!
Jeannie
Love & light
Honoring the Lord and Lady
God & Goddess
& Thor!
Blessed be

4 Likes

Same to you, @amy3! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ohh nooo, Kasie :laughing: ! Yes, that would make it tough for an ale celebration… could you still have non-alcoholic beer/ale? It used to be pretty rare, but now I see a lot of stores that carry it! :beers:

Cheers to that- I know the feeling! Hope you’re doing well :heart:

This is a great point, Jeannie- yes! Wishing a very Happy Midsummer to friends in the Southern Hemisphere :partying_face: . I am jealous of your current sunshine and warmth there :sun_with_face::two_hearts::grin:

3 Likes

Greetings and good morning to all! :city_sunrise:

The sun is barely up- I popped up extra early today to get things done ahead of time! I’ve got a gynecologist routine appointment I am dreading… :stethoscope:

It’s amazing how procrastinating about one thing means everything else gets done quickly and efficiently :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

(Was half-way through my cup when I remembered- oh! It’s tradition for me to snap a picture during tea time :laughing::coffee:)

I had a lovely dark brew this morning and enjoyed it in bed- bringing a little cheer and celebration to the day! I feel determined to get everything done so I can kick back and relax again later :partying_face:

The weekend is in sight! How is everyone doing this fine Thursday morning/afternoon/evening? :grin:

Sending happy thoughts and celebratory cheer from me to you! :love_letter:

Blessed be!

4 Likes

See u there​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I think I’ll stick to tea. LOL. I just have this mental image of Thor from the MCU movies sitting with a dainty teacup in his hand and it makes me giggle.

Ew, those kinds of visits are no fun. I’ll be thinking of you today!

I’ll be having my tea later on this evening, and I’ll update y’all on my doctor’s appointment that I have today then too! Hope y’all have a good day!

2 Likes

Good morning everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday and, if you decide to take part in this meditation, that it brings you peace :coffee: I’m not much of a tea person right now, so I’ve got my coffee. I took some time this morning to say my prayers, give my offerings, and write in my journal.

My boyfriend is on his counts in head 11th straight day of work and the end is :crossed_fingers: hopefully :crossed_fingers: in sight for him. He might have to work Saturday again but get Sunday off. We’ll see! For now I sit and sip my coffee, get some work done, and wait for my daughter to get up so we can get on with her schoolwork.

3 Likes

I also love the mug! I feel like I have been gone forever and it was less than a couple of days. My week has gone by so fast. Some moments didn’t feel as fast as they seem now, but they were good moments.

I hope everyone else is having a good week also. I just ended my prednisone treatment so right now everything feels good. I’m hoping that it keeps up, but I also start PT & OT next week so I will be okay!

I did the quartz activation meditation today. I’m wearing my quartz this week for mental clarity. I have a big thing to decide and I want to make sure that I am thinking clearly while I decide the best way to go about this. I also have some things to factor in, so I just wanted a little help & decided to use the bag I made earlier in the week with Tiger’s Eye, Amethyst, & Black Tourmaline with the quartz to help with those stones for anti-anxiety and peace.

I felt a little rushed and out of sorts today, that’s why this is so late. My daughter woke up late & I had to bring her to school. Threw part of my morning off, not all of it, just a bump in the road of waking up this morning. But the rushed feeling sort of stayed with me & I have been thinking that I forgot something all day. No idea what it could be.

I’m getting ready to eat now then I am watching the Bruins play the Flyers. I hope everyone has a great end to the week!

4 Likes

Hello everyone! It’s Thursday night for me and I just had a nice cup of Winter Spice tea. It was good! I made it last because I’m fasting for labs in the morning.

So at the heart doctor, I got told that there is a possibility of a blocked artery on one side of my neck. I’ve got to have more tests and in the meantime, a baby aspirin a day. So more waiting for more tests. I’m crossing my fingers that it’ll be okay but it’s something to worry about.

Good news though, I have a phone appointment tomorrow for my Medicaid Helper. If all goes well, they might be able to start next week! So I’m really excited about that, especially since for the plumber to do his work we have to clean out under all our sinks and our countertops. That’ll be a pain.

Especially since they’re laying down the lines for upstairs from the downstairs apartments so I may be out of the apartment for two or three days. Urgh. At least I’m on the end of the building they’re starting on, so I won’t have to wait in limbo forever. Maybe two or three weeks tops. Get it done and over with.

So that’s what’s going on with me this week so far. I’m really excited about my Helper. Hope everything is going okay with y’all.

I hope your boyfriend gets that time off, it sounds like he needs it! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for y’all! :crossed_fingers:

So glad you’re feeling better! I hope the PT doesn’t kick your butt too badly. They’ve got me walking the halls here in the apartment for part of mine, which is better than walking outside this time of year, that’s for sure! Still, it feels odd being watched while you’re trying to do something, doesn’t it?

At least you didn’t forget your hockey game this morning! Hope your team wins!

4 Likes

Oh no, @Amethyst, you’re body needs to give you a break from the health news. At least the apartment and home helper seems to be coming along.

You continue to be in my thoughts.

I meditated with my coffee while in the car wash. I love car washes and I love coffee so it was the perfect time to get a moment of peace.

I lit two candles today for my friends listed in the Energy Exchange Wiki. I hope your deities continue to have your backs.

4 Likes

This week was a toughie, My client passed away on Saturday and we all have been mourning the loss. He was a Vet in Air force. He always was so kind to me. He would give you his t-shirt off his back if he could. He always was so kind. He always asked me how I was doing and the kids. I did the Farewell Pet Ritual
My other close friend died he was my tutor. And my grandma is on her last days. I have alot of grief I am dealing with. My friend says I should go to alanon for my son because he is a addict.
Besides all that my friend called me up and we were talking and she said that she had her grandchild came over. They went to get a toy at the store at Target and her grand daughter saw a stuffed animal and said “Daddy” so she had to buy it. We just laughed because the toy was so darn cute. We just laughed. I think her grand daughter is funny. I guess I needed the laugh. She has a way in making things special and funny. She has a sense of humor. I just want to cherish every moment and not take my life for granite anymore.
Also I went to the doctor and they did a small procedure so I think I will feel better. I went to work today and after wards I went to my friends house. I made an appointment so I could get my blood work done on January 28th to see if I have any cancer. Then I have to schedule after the blood work is done for the biopsy.
I went to my friends house because she and I made an appointment at the same time so we can have support. I went to her house to help her schedule her blood work. She was making paper bowls and she gave me a pair of really cute shoes. I am very blessed.
I am excited I just got some new crystals so amethyst which is a moon and a star. I snake which is amazonite. I have them in a salt bowl getting charged. Then I will have to smudge them to get off any unwanted energies. Also, I have been doing my yoga and reading. I am getting ready for the wolf moon. I am not sure what I am going to do because I don’t know anything about the wolf moon.
Thank you for this tea meditation. I need to walk my dog. You all take care. I wrote to everyone and it erased. Bummer
Megan I ordered the Grimoire Journal. PS I almost won a book because I was the 1000 Subscriber and then I tried to find the email because I was listening to Round The Cauldron but did not find it in time. I am glad that I won. At least I am a winner. LOL
I am thinking of moving to Oregon that would be a pretty place to live.

Praecog29 Thanks for lighting the candle for us. Thank you!!
Krissie

Blockquote First I just wanted to say that I can understand because know that I have had the loss of my friend. I realized that all we have when others die is our memories. I want to live in the moments like you. But enjoying the small things in life is what it is about. I want to cherish the memories I do have.

Travel Witch - Glad your going to the appointment and I know its a drag but at least your doing it!! We are so lucky to have you because your always a ray of light! You always have so many good challenges and would not be the same with out you!

Love and light
Honoring the Lord and Lady
God and Godesses
Blessed be
Jeannie

3 Likes

What a sight- this is such a hilarious scene to picture! :joy: And yet… I can somehow imagine Thor from the Marvel universe doing exactly this :laughing:

11 days straight!?! The poor guy- that’s brutal! :astonished: I am also praying the end is in sight and he can get some much deserved rest soon :pray:

I hope you enjoyed your coffee, and that you and your loved ones had a lovely day! :coffee::two_hearts:

That’s the worst feeling- I always try to console myself by saying “if it’s something important, it’ll definitely come back to me at some point”. Hopefully you remembered what it was, or that is wasn’t too important! :+1:

Aside from the rushed feeling, it sounds like a lovely day, Krissie! The quartz meditation sounds lovely and congrats on the end of the prenisone treatment- good for you!

Hope you are doing well and that the week ends on a good note for you :blush:

Ohhhh the perfect time of year for Winter Spice :snowflake::yum:.

Goodness- so sorry to hear about more tests! Hopefully it isn’t anything serious- I’ve got my fingers crossed for you too, Kasie :heart: But that is wonderful news about the Helper! Finally, girl- you’ve been waiting for a while for this and it’s finally happening! Congrats :partying_face:

Hope there is good news on the way and you are doing well! :sparkles:

I have an equal amount of fear and appreciation for car washes :joy: There’s definitely something exciting about the world of bubbles and whirring machines, as everything vanishes in a land of soapy bubbles and you’re stuck in the car :soap::oncoming_automobile: I’ve always found it to be exhilarating but also kind of unnerving too!

I’m glad you enjoyed your coffee meditation- enjoy your squeaky clean car as well! :sparkles: :grin:

You are so sweet, @Jeannie1- thank you for these kind words, even as you are dealing with your own darkness. I am so sorry to hear about the losses in your life. Your client and tutor will be missed- they sound like they were wonderful people who brought blessings to your life :pray:

Your grandmother is still in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you and her all the best in a troubled time :heart: To your son as well- he is lucky to have such a loving mother to worry about him! I hope that with your love and support, he can begin the journey to recovery.

You are truly amazing, Jeannie- it takes a very strong person to find and appreciate the moments of light and joy in a dark time. I’m so happy that your friend is looking out for you and that you find solace in your yoga, reading, and beautiful magick :sparkler:

Please remember we are here to cheer you on and offer support- perhaps you’d be okay with adding your new struggles to the current Energy Exchange Circle? I will be sending you love and light and I know there are many loving friends in the forum who can offer you their prayers as well :pray::candle:

Seeing your positivity and strength makes me determined to also try my best and do the things I need to do today! :raised_hands: Thank YOU for being such a wonderful soul, Jeannie- big hugs to you! :hugs:

3 Likes

Thank you, Ben, I appreciate that. I choose to think that my body gave me warning signals BEFORE it got too bad so I can fix it and do better. That’s what I like to think anyhow.

Wow, what an interesting place to meditate with your coffee. Surrounded by water and getting cleansed. Great idea!

@Jeannie1, you’ll be in my thoughts with these deaths. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better but there really isn’t, is there? Just know that we’ll be there for you and keeping you in our prayers. I hope you don’t have cancer, that would be terrible, but it sounds like you’re catching it early in case you do. Good luck, sweetie!

I hope to get the helper, I won’t know until my call this afternoon! I’m trying to stay positive so I can open myself up to good, while at the same time not getting my hopes up. Difficult to balance. LOL. Thanks for the good wishes!

4 Likes