(Group Ritual - Jul 1) Chakra of Stability- The Root Chakra 🌳

A warm welcome to all!

After last week’s group ritual, I hope everyone enjoyed a lovely Full Strawberry Moon! :full_moon: Imbued with natural energy, it’s time to sink deep into the next of the 7 chakras :red_circle:

Working with The First Chakra - What is the Root Chakra?

"You’ve probably heard of chakras, even if you aren’t clear on what they are. Based on a Sanskrit word for “wheels,” the seven chakras are spinning energy centers found at various places on the body. Each one is associated with a different color and effect on your body.

The base chakra (or root chakra) has to do with being grounded and stable. It is what roots you to the earth, and when it is out of balance, you can feel insecure or off balance without realizing why. In theory, a truly healthy person has all their chakras spinning freely and the energy flowing easily between the base chakra and the crown chakra, but sometimes they get blocked or stuck."

From ‘A Year and a Day of Everyday Witchcraft’ by Deborah Blake

This Thursday, join your coven for some work with your Root Chakra- the chakra of stability to release deep blockages and find your grounding :deciduous_tree: :heart:

Root Chakra
[Pic from Adobe Stock]

~ :heart: ~ Thursday, July 1st - Working With the Root Chakra ~ :heart: ~

Find some time to join in for shared spellwork and a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :woman_in_lotus_position:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together and share our energies and support when we share a quiet moment together.

Let’s enjoy a relaxing and peaceful tea time as a coven- you are warmly invited!

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage . While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, hot cocoa, or any other beverage :coffee:

• Find a quiet place to relax . Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent . You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :woman_in_lotus_position:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional - Jul 1) : Working with the Root Chakra :heart:

This week’s meditation continues the journey into chakra work. The First Chakra is the chakra of stability and by opening your Root Chakra, you can combat anxiety and insecurities to feel grounded and secure :shield:

The following tea meditation is inspired by Deborah Blakes’ notes on the Second Chakra in her book A Year and a Day of Everyday Witchcraft.

• Before beginning, consider lighting a red candle or surrounding yourself with red- the associated color of the First Chakra :heart:

• Make your beverage and sit comfortably. As you breathe deeply, slowly draw your attention to the point at the base of your spin, at the bottom of your torso :woman_in_lotus_position:

• To check in with your Root Chakra, visualize a red glowing light at the bottom of your torso. Focus on this red glowing light for a few minutes as you breathe deeply. Mentally spin it in one direction and then another with your mind. :red_circle:

• If the ball of light seems hard to move or feels stagnant, release strain on this chakra by summoning energy from the universe. Draw it in through your feet, up to rest at the base of your spine. :national_park:

• While continuing to breathe deeply, allow the energy of the universe to spread within you, helping you to feel grounded and in the moment as you connect with your Root Chakra :deciduous_tree:

• Sip your beverage peacefully and enjoy the moment :relieved:

NOTE: For those who love Guided Meditations :headphones: , you can follow along with the 10 Minute Root Chakra Meditation .

You may also enjoy doing some chakra crystal work :gem:- such as @Christina4’s Root Chakra Crystal Grid !

After your meditation, welcome back! :heart:

When your meditation is complete, enjoy the good vibes! Meditation helps to foster a clear mind, increased focus, and boost of positivity- carry these good feelings with you through the rest of your day or night! :star2:

Chat With Your Coven :speaking_head:

Know that you are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time in the comments below. Feel free to share some pics of your tea, your plans for the rest of the week, or just talk about what’s on your mind today.

Please note that the Zoom meet-up has been postponed this week as the wonderful host @MeganB is recovering. Please send good thoughts her way, and look forward to Zoom chats in the future! :pray:

Grounding is an important step when casting magick safely, and working on finding stability has some amazing benefits for mental, physical, and emotional health :heart:

As our third group ritual exploring the wonders of chakra work, I hope you find this ritual exercise to be helpful! :blush:

Looking forward to some quality time and a soothing meditation with you all this Thursday. Until then, Love and Light to Infinite Roots!

:infinite_roots: :heart: :coffee:

13 Likes

:gem:Some root chakra crystals are:
Tourmaline, red Jasper, garnet, hematite, carnelian, clear quartz, bloodstone, jet, onyx, amethyst, smoky quartz, rhodonite.

Also any other red or black stones. Black stones are thought to provide the stability and protection needed to support the root chakra.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:Can’t wait to see you all there!!

13 Likes

Ooo… I need this one. I will try to do this before my appointment on Thursday. I have to leave early for it because Route 28 has been a parking lot in spots. I need to learn more backroads going that way… I know most of them in my hometown but not so much going down Cape.

I think I am going to combine crystals & the guided meditation. :person_in_lotus_position: Top fan of those right here!

@christina4 thank you for the recommendations of crystals! I have 9 of the ones you listed! I may have a problem. :joy:

11 Likes

Have a lot going on at the end of this week, but I’ll try to make it to this one.

11 Likes

Hello Ladies and gentlemen!
For me I really like the root chakra and the pic of the tree with large roots and how it’s really rooted!
Jeannie

11 Likes

Thank you Christina I’ll put this in my Bos!
Jeannie

10 Likes

Much love and energy Megan

8 Likes

I thought I would share some root chakra affirmations!
Pinterest root Affirmations
Jeannie

9 Likes

Thank you @Jeannie1! I’m trying to work on unblocking my chakras & I like the affirmations for them. :heart:

9 Likes

Siofra,
That’s great :grinning: I agree, I am going to these affirmations and say them out loud in my minds eye. Or just say them out loud.

I am learning that affirmations and mantras work well with me! I hope they sit well with you! So we can both get unblocked! Lol

Jeannie

9 Likes

I’ll still be down on Cornwall for this one, but I have a variety of those single packet teabags with me and some crystals, including hematite, which I see is suitable for the root chakra. Thanks for the list @christina4.

8 Likes

What about the zoom chat?

How’s @MeganB?

Annesha

6 Likes

Thanks for the Root Chakra crystal suggestions, @Christina4! :gem::two_hearts:

Watch out for that Cape summer traffic, @Siofra- yikes! I hope the appointment goes well :pray::blush:

Good luck with everything on your plate this week, @Kasandra- hope you can find a quiet moment to meditate! :person_in_lotus_position:

Glad you like the picture @Jeannie1- it did seem to fit the meditation perfectly! :deciduous_tree: And thanks for the Root affirmations!

Hope you are enjoying your journey, @IrisW- it sounds like a meditation on the road is doable! Enjoy :heart:

Welcome @anneshakargupta! :blush: As mentioned, I’m afraid the Zoom chat has been postponed this week as the lovely host Megan is still recovering from her procedure last week. She is in our thoughts and is hopefully enjoying a speedy recovery! :pray:

10 Likes

You’re so welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

It’s no problemo.:relaxed::sparkles::gem:

7 Likes

That’s what the root chakra all about…rooting yourself… grounding yourself. :grin:

8 Likes

Hey Annesha :heart: I’m taking some time to rest and recover this week as I had surgery yesterday. I’m doing okay so far, just don’t wanna push myself too hard. I should be back up for the Zooms next week!

9 Likes

I am sorry @MeganB I don’t that you had your surgery yesterday.

Take rest as much as possible. Take care of yourself.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Annesha

9 Likes

I should be able to make this one, although the past few weeks for me were real busy. Always wanted to do some Chakra healing meditation so now is a good time to do so. Have my beautiful Carnelian with me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

7 Likes

I think I am going to use carnelian & red jasper for this one. I have a busy day tomorrow, but when I get home I will need this! :two_hearts:

8 Likes