(Group Ritual - Jul 22) Buck Moon Spell 🦌

Merry meet to all!

How is everyone’s Crown Chakra after last week’s group ritual? The theme of connecting to the Higher self continues this week, but is now about sensing a crown of another kind- a crown of mighty antlers :deer:

The Full Buck Moon is the peak of the summer and represents a connection to higher powers, fulfillment, and the beginning of preparation for the winter that will eventually come :ear_of_rice:

In addition to “Buck Moon”, this moon goes by several other names as well:

You can learn more about this unique moon on the Spells8 Buck Moon Ritual Page. And if you’re ever unsure about the current moon phase for your location, you can check on the Spells8 Lunar Page :full_moon:

The moon will be filling over the coming days to reach full illumination on Friday/Saturday this week (location depending)- this is a wonderful opportunity to channel your inner Stag and celebrate the heart of summer! :sun_with_face:

[From Pinterest]

~ :deer: ~ Thursday, July 22nd - A Cup for the Buck Moon ~ :deer: ~

Find some time to join in for shared spellwork and a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :woman_in_lotus_position:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together and share our energies and support when we share a quiet moment together.

Let’s enjoy a relaxing and peaceful tea time as a coven- you are warmly invited!

[From Gillie and Marc]

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage . While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, hot cocoa, or any other beverage :coffee:

• Find a quiet place to relax . Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent . You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :woman_in_lotus_position:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional - Jul 22) : A Cup for the Full Buck Moon :full_moon:

Welcome in the magick of the Full Buck Moon with a tea ritual to honor the occasion!

The following ritual is a condensed version of the Full Buck Moon Ritual and Spell, adapted to suit a tea meditation. For the full version of the original ritual, visit the page on Spells8

Full-Buck-Moon-Ritual-Celebration

• Before beginning, you may choose to enhance your spellwork by lighting a golden candle- symbolizing the might of the summer stag :candle:

• Focus as you prepare your drink- be aware of each sound and scent like a deer on alert :ear:

• Breathe deeply as you hold your drink, imagining each breath to be charging the air around you with golden light :sparkles:

• Before you take the first sip, say the words of the Buck Moon Chant:

Full-Buck-Moon-Spiritual-Meaning-Ritual

• You may also consider doing the following visualization:

Then, for a few silent moments, imagine yourself as a magnificent stag with a beautiful rack of antlers, standing in a clearing in your forest as the Summer sun goes down and a Full Buck Moon arises. Feel yourself in the fullness of your power, take that power into your heart.

• Relax and continue to breathe deeply as you enjoy your beverage and the power of the rising Full Buck Moon :full_moon:

:open_book: :grey_exclamation: This spell is available as a Printable Page - feel free to download it here to add to your Book of Spells or Grimoire.

Easy-Full-Buck-Moon-Ritual-Magic

NOTE : For those who enjoy Guided Meditations, this 10 Minute Peaceful Forest Walk Meditation is a lovely accompaniment to the Buck Moon Ritual :headphones:

[From Deviantart]

After your meditation, welcome back! :heart:

When your meditation is complete, enjoy the good vibes! Meditation helps to foster a clear mind, increased focus, and boost of positivity- carry these good feelings with you through the rest of your day or night! :star2:

Chat With Your Coven :speaking_head:

Know that you are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time in the comments below. Feel free to share some pics of your tea, your plans for the rest of the week, or just talk about what’s on your mind today.

Join the Zoom Chat Here!
[9am - 10am EST, Thursday July 22nd]

May the growing light of the Buck Moon bless you with the gentle power and fulfilling might of a golden stag :deer::yellow_heart:

Looking forward to a peaceful moment and a shared cup of something tasty with you on Thursday. Until then, Love and Light!

:infinite_roots: :deer: :full_moon_with_face:

15 Likes

I can’t wait for the Buck Moon because it reminds me of when I was a little girl and my dad and my grandfather would always go out on a bug fishing trip around the Buck Moon. They always planned it according to the Buck Moon. I remember that. Since my grandfather passed, my dad and I haven’t used a pole since.

14 Likes

Where in the world did you find the perfect pictures to go with this? They’re awesome, especially the one with the buck and all the tea cups in his antlers! Great job! Looking forward to Thursday!

11 Likes

I’m not going to promise that I will make it, but I’m going to put in a good effort. I havent been at a tea for quite a few weeks now! I have no appointments though, so I should be able to before my daughter gets home from sailing.

10 Likes

I noticed that the fireflies are out now, and I have the urge to try to catch some under the Buck Moon. No cicadas yet, but it should only be a week or two before we hear them in the evening.

9 Likes

I really enjoy all the Buck art work you have posted. Especially the Buck statue holding the tea cup. Beautiful and inspiring. :laughing:

12 Likes

Agreed, it’s fantastic.

I’ve downloaded a copy of the illustration and printed a copy for my BOS. It’ll make me smile every time I look at it.

10 Likes

I’ll be on for the first 30 mins of the Zoom. I can’t wait to see everyone. Thank you, @MeganB, for hosting these.

7 Likes

That’s a very nice memory, @Christina4. Enjoy the Buck Moon and treasure the happy memory of your grandfather :pray::heart::fishing_pole_and_fish:

Thanks, @Amethyst- so glad you enjoyed the pics! :grin: I usually use Pixabay as my go-to for free-to-use pictures, but sometimes the choices are limited (not too many choices for “deer tea time” :joy:). Pinterest and Google Images usually require credits but the selection is basically limitless- more pictures of deer drinking tea than we’d ever need! :deer: :tea: The tea cup antler deer was my favorite too- glad you liked it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hope you can make it, @Siofra! And I hope your daughter has fun sailing- it sounds like a blast! :sailboat:

Chasing fireflies under the full moonlight sounds delightful- hope you can catch a few! Enjoy, @Kasandra! :full_moon_with_face:

Thanks, @brad1 and @IrisW- so glad you liked the picture! The deerman is from an art and scultpure company in the USA called Gillie and Marc- they have some gorgeous pieces on their website (especially their statues)! I added that picture because it’s a deer drinking tea/coffee, but it also reminds me of the Wiccan Horned Man- perfect! :deer::blush:

8 Likes

Definitely will join the ritual.

When next book club will be started?

5 Likes

I was actually referring to picture from Deviant Art, but now I’m stuck in a whirlwind of delight on Gillie and Marc’s website and wondering if my hubby would notice a giant bronze statue in the garden…

And the jewellery is adorable!

5 Likes

I look forward to seeing those who can join the Zoom tomorrow :heart: I might also do that forest walk meditation beforehand. This week has already been a whirlwind of emotions and ups and downs :sweat_smile: I need a bit of grounding energy.

And you’re welcome @praecog29 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m happy to host them!

6 Likes

I know! I always love the pictures @TheTravelWitch has!!!

5 Likes

The Review Period for the last Book Club Reading Session (Session VIII) is currently open. The next Book Club Reading Session (Session IX) will start this Friday- look for the post tomorrow! :open_book: :blush:

Ah, apologies for the confusion- the watercolor deer with tea and a book was also too cute not to include :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: As for sneaking a fun new statue into the garden- worth a shot, right? :joy: They have some really fun ones to choose :two_hearts:

Sorry it’s been a whirlwind for you, Megan- wishing you a peaceful meditation and some comforting grounding! :pray::heart:

6 Likes

Oh, lovely @TheTravelWitch lovely! Waiting for the announcement.

5 Likes

Happy Thursday everyone!

Another week is approaching its end and the summer is flying by. Is everyone ready for Lammas? I’m still not sure what to do aside from a meditation and eating lots and lots of homemade bread :bread: :laughing:

A cup of golden yellow chamomile tea for my meditation today :yellow_heart:

The full Buck Moon will be at full illumination on Saturday here, but I imagine it will look stunning both tonight and Friday night as well.

Fingers crossed the sky will be clear and I’ll be able to catch sight of it!

Love and Light from here to you- have a blessed day! :heart::deer::infinite_roots:

11 Likes

Happy Thursday @TheTravelWitch

8 Likes

This morning I shall be mostly drinking coffee…

Hoping to make time for the tea ritual later :blush:

12 Likes

I did a Buck Moon meditation on YouTube. And came back to my Gaia altar.

Oh, and I wanted to drink something earthy, so I made some lavender and mint tea.

8 Likes

Good morning!
I have a slight headache from the plunge in humidity, but I’m not gonna complain that much; it feels wonderful! Wish it would stay like this, but the Wheel of the Year is always turning and soon enough, we’ll have cooler nights, again.
Walmart had small bottles of pumpkin spice creamer, so I bought some and am enjoying a cup of coffee with it.

For this week’s meditation, I drew the Philosopher.

He appears to remind us to stop putting off something new we’ve been meaning to do.

I’ve been planning to do some pickling for Lughnasadh. I may not have all the ingredients yet (cucumbers being the main ingredient) for pickling, but I suppose I could look up how to do it.

I’ve also been thinking of starting embroidery, since that is one of the images/feelings that came to me during my Draconic Reincarnation Spell. I want to try curb some of my spending habits, which is why I’ve been holding off on buying an embroidery kit on Amazon (plus my birthday is not that far off too). Again, I could find articles on embroidery to give me an idea how to do it, in the meantime.

Have a blessed Buck Moon!

9 Likes