(Group Ritual - Jul 8) 💧 A Cup to Stay Cool

Merry meet to all!

Hopefully you have been enjoying the benefits of Chakra work and a unblocked Root Chakra since last week’s meditation :deciduous_tree: The journey through the chakras will continue next week, after a brief breather meditation for a summer cool-off :ocean: :sun_with_face:

Parts of the world have been experiencing record-breaking heat waves recently- including forest fires and other disasters caused by the extreme temperatures. In some places, its actually hot enough to cook an egg on the ground :fried_egg: :hot_face:

Thoughts and prayers go out to all those in areas affected by the heat :pray:

Whether you are in a location with a weather alert or are simply melting in the summer’s heat- it is important to take necessary steps to stay cool.

In addition to the basic steps you can take to stay cool (and prevent heatstroke/sunstroke), magick can help to take the edge of the heat off and help you find soothing serenity :relieved: :droplet:

This Thursday, join your coven for a quiet moment and a cooling meditation.

~ :droplet: ~ Thursday, July 8th - A Cup to Stay Cool ~ :droplet: ~

Find some time to join in for shared spellwork and a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :woman_in_lotus_position:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together and share our energies and support when we share a quiet moment together.

Let’s enjoy a relaxing and peaceful tea time as a coven- you are warmly invited!

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage . While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, hot cocoa, or any other beverage :coffee:

:grey_exclamation: Note: For this week’s meditation, a cold beverage such as iced tea, iced coffee, or juice is recommended :tropical_drink:

• Find a quiet place to relax . Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent . You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :woman_in_lotus_position:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional - Jul 8) : A Cooling Meditation :droplet:

Cool off and splash away summer’s heat with the power of the Element Water.

This meditation is the Spells8 Water Elemental Invocationwhich has been slightly adapted to suit a tea ritual :tea:

Water-Invocation-Prayer-Chant-360x240

• Before beginning, you may choose to enhance your spellwork by lighting a blue or white candle :candle:

• A cold or room-temperature drink will work best for this meditation, so prepare a nice chilled beverage to suit your tastes :tropical_drink:

• Light the candle and feel the heat wash over you. Carefully push or move the candle away until you can no longer feel its heat :open_hands:

• Away from the candle’s heat, hold both hands over your drink and invoke the cooling and refreshing power of water with the Water Invocation Chant:

Water Invocation

• Sip your chilled beverage and breathe deeply as you meditate :person_in_lotus_position:

:headphones: You can listen or watch along with this meditation with the Water Invocation Audio-Only Meditation or the Water Invocation Video

:open_book: This invocation is also available as a Printable Page - feel free to download it here to add to your Book of Spells or Grimoire.

Water-Invocation-Wiccan-Prayer

After your meditation, welcome back! :heart:

When your meditation is complete, enjoy the good vibes! Meditation helps to foster a clear mind, increased focus, and boost of positivity- carry these good feelings with you through the rest of your day or night! :star2:

Chat With Your Coven :speaking_head:

Know that you are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time in the comments below. Feel free to share some pics of your tea, your plans for the rest of the week, or just talk about what’s on your mind today.

Join the Zoom Chat Here!
[9am - 10am EST, Thursday July 8th]

Looking forward to a meditative moment and a bit of inner cooling work with you all this Thursday- may it help to fight back the heat :sun:

Until then- stay cool, be safe, and blessed be!

:infinite_roots: :sunglasses: :tropical_drink:

16 Likes

I like this idea!!! Thanks @TheTravelWitch :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :two_hearts:

9 Likes

I’m excited to be back for the Zoom this week! I’ve missed you all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

I’ll be honest, us Texans are missing our heat! We are drowning in all this rain. I’m having another week of thunderstorms here with potential for flash flooding. I think the weather got drunk.

All jokes aside, my thoughts go out to everyone that is being affected by these wacky weather systems. We have areas seeing heat waves that would make us Texans stay inside that are not equipped to handle it. We have other areas getting so much rain that areas are flooding. Everyone please stay safe.

10 Likes

It’s almost 11 a.m. here and it’s already 86 with a heat index of 93! :hot_face: Luckily, we’ll be getting some rain on Thursday. The grass is getting a little dry.
I talked to one of my friends from Seattle last week and he said it was a 102 in his house, although he had the curtains drawn and the windows opened and there aren’t any fans or ac units for over a hundred miles.
I’m glad the heat wave is over, but still, I’m worried this is going to happen again.
Of course, some of my family members are saying that it’s gotten hot over there from time to time before and everyone’s freaking out over nothing.
Umm, those temperatures set a new record that is hard to break! They’re not normal for that area. Candles were melting, power cables were warping and twisting, and roads were cracking!
Places have been setting new heat records every year!
Ugh! :persevere: Sorry for the mini rant, but it’s just so frustrating that many still refuse to believe our planet is warming up faster than it naturally would.

9 Likes

I’ve got some Tropicana Pina Colada drink, non-alcoholic of course. That sounds like it would be a nice cooling drink for Thursday!

I don’t know if I’ll make it to zoom or not, I’ve got to get some stuff done before my worker comes at ten. I’ll try to drop by for a few minutes though!

Looking forward to Thursday!

8 Likes

I know!! I deal with climate change non-believers all the time and it drives me insane. They talk about how because “it’s not that hot here” in Texas that it must not be real. Meanwhile I’m arguing till I’m blue that it’s not just the higher than normal temperatures. It’s all of the unusual weather patterns. Rain well into summer, more and stronger hurricanes each season, more fires every where… what else do they want?

10 Likes

Megan,
I hope to make this zoom meeting and hope your feeling better!
It’s 75 degrees outside! Perfect weather here in Sacramento😉
Jeannie

8 Likes

86° here in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico.

8 Likes

You’re very welcome, @Christina4! :blush:

Welcome back, @MeganB! Hope you are doing well- you were missed! :heart:

Oh goodness, so sorry to hear about the flooding in Texas @jessica55! We keep hearing about the heat waves and fires, but you’re absolutely right- the weather has been wild in all different ways around the globe. There was that horrific mudslide wave in Atami, Japan too :worried: . Wishing the same to you- please stay safe!

Yikes, that is toasty @Kasandra! I hope the rain comes for you soon :pray::cloud_with_rain: And agreed, it is a serious issue and awareness is important if we want to change things for the better of the earth :earth_americas:

Ohhh I’m liking the sound of Tropicana Pina Colada, @Amethyst- it sounds tasty and refreshing! :sunglasses: :tropical_drink:

Same here, @Jeannie1- we’ve got 75 degrees F (24 C) here in Warsaw right now. It’s okay for the moment, but it’s supposed to go up to 88 F (close to what @pedros10 has there in Puerto Rico!), and I know that’s not a lot for many, but it’s pretty toasty for me :laughing::sun:

Stay cool and safe everybody! :ice_cube: :two_hearts:

9 Likes

We had a cool weekend but between yesterday & this morning, the heat has come back full force. I’m trying to think of what I can have that is cool & refreshing & not soda! :joy: I think I am going to have a cold water with some Mio in it that contains B vitamins. It will be the Acai Berry flavor. It’s my favorite with Black Cherry in a close second.

7 Likes

It’s 9:41 am and 80 here right now, Tropical Storm Elsa will be impacting us later this afternoon through Thursday morning, my area floods pretty good but I’m just hoping no night time tornadoes occur. We had water spouts near me yesterday. I’d love to see those up close. :nerd_face:

I think I’ll do an iced coffee tomorrow.
Blessed Be

10 Likes

I tried it today because if it was awful I didn’t want it for the group ritual. It was WONDERFUL. Pineapple/coconut flavors and not too expensive! No rum of course either, it’s a juice, but still very yummy.

6 Likes

I’ve bought some cold infusion blend tea bags for this ritual. I’ve been meaning to try them for ages to help up my water intake, so this seems like a good time to start :slight_smile:

8 Likes

What a good idea!

5 Likes

I live in Colombia and fortunately, it’s pretty chill here (maybe too much). But, is it okay if I join zoom with you all tomorrow?

Hoping you guys are okay. Not fun when the weather gets extreme.

5 Likes

Anyone from Infinite Roots is welcome in the Zoom. Please have your Spells8 name set when you join, if possible. For instance, my name is Ben but on Zoom my name is Ben (praecog29). It helps Megan when she is allowing people into the Zoom. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yikes- stay cool, @Siofra! The nutrient water sounds healthy and tasty, enjoy! :tropical_drink:

I keep hearing about Storm Elsa on the news- stay safe, @Rowan! Maybe it’s best not to wish for the water element in your location… perhaps subduing the water element may work better in such a situation :sweat_smile: Enjoy your iced coffee and be well! :heart:

Glad to hear it’s as tasty as it sounds, @Amethyst! :grin: Looks like you’ve found the perfect ritual drink and a great summer beverage for cooling down- enjoy!

Let me know what you think of the cold infusion tea bags, @IrisW! I usually make iced tea the easy way (boil water, steep, chill in the freezer) but I’d love to hear how the cold steep bags work :star_struck:

Ben is right, @WhiteFox- you (and all users in the forum) are welcome to join both the meditation and/or the Zoom chat! Hope the weather stays good for you there in Colombia- stay safe! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Happy Thursday everyone!

We are currently under 70 degrees F (21 degrees C) here in Warsaw and it’s the perfect temperature :sunglasses: It looks like it won’t last for long though, so I’m enjoying it while I can! :laughing:

I made a huge jug of iced tea this morning to drink throughout the day as my partner and I pack :handbag: :tropical_drink: . We’re getting things ready today and are moving out tomorrow- it’s so strange to sit in a mostly empty apartment! :woozy_face:

Wishing nice, cool weather (and no crazy storms!) for everyone- hope you all have a wonderful day!

Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Infusing now. I’ll let you know what I think :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes