(Group Ritual - Mar 18) ♥ In Honor of the Goddesses

A warm and cheery welcome to all!

I hope the relaxation and de-stressing from last week’s group ritual :new_moon: has carried through into this week for everyone.

As mentioned in this week’s Merry Meet Monday New Post, this Thursday marks a special day for some truly lovely Goddesses. March 18th is known as the Goddess of Fertility Day- a day to honor and worship goddesses around the world! :earth_africa:

The Spring Equinox (Ostara) is rapidly approaching in the Northern Hemisphere- the world is slowly coming into bloom around us :blossom:. Now is a wonderful time to celebrate the Goddesses that play a big part of the coming of Spring’s lush growth and greenery- the Goddesses of Fertility! :seedling: :heart:

There are many Goddesses of fertility around the world- here are few names that may ring a bell for you:

• Aphrodite - Greek Goddess of love, sex, and beauty. Visit Aphrodite’s Devotional Prayer for more about Her.

• Fortuna - the Roman Goddess of lucky events- such as motherhood, fertility, and wealth. Learn more in the Good Luck Prayer to Goddess Fortuna.

• Gaia - a Goddess of the earth. Learn more about Her in the Gaia Devotional Chant.

• Freyja - the Norse Goddess of fertility, who ruled with her brother and fellow God of fertility Freyr

• The Triple Goddess/ The Mother - A Wiccan Goddess with many names and forms. More about the Wiccan Goddess can be explored in Wiccan God and Goddess.

• Venus - the Roman Goddess of love, beauty, and fertility. The Venus Devotional has more information.

[For a more expansive list of Fertility Goddesses celebrated on this holiday, visit the article Goddess of Fertility Day]

Whether you choose to celebrate the day with love and romance spells :hearts:, or draw on the fertile energy to delight in the flourishing of the Earth :seedling:- this is a wonderful occasion to share warm cup with your coven! :coffee:

~ :hearts: ~ Thursday, March 18th - In Honor of the Goddesses ~ :hearts: ~

Find some time to join in for a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :woman_in_lotus_position:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together and share our energies and support when we share a quiet moment together.

Let’s enjoy a relaxing and peaceful tea time as a coven- you are warmly invited!

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage . While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, hot cocoa, or any other beverage :coffee:

• Find a quiet place to relax . Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent . You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :woman_in_lotus_position:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional - Mar 18th) : In Honor of the Goddesses :hearts:

This week’s meditation aims to celebrate and draw on the bountiful energy of the Goddess of Fertility Day. Join in the meditation and choose a beloved Goddess(es) or celebrate the fertility of nature around you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. As you prepare the ingredients for your beverage this week, consider saying thank you for the blessings in your life. Showing gratitude is a wholesome and humbling first step before making requests or prayers for more :pray:

2. Prepare your beverage with extravagance- honor the Goddesses of love, fertility, and bounty with tasty sweeteners and delightful additions (while staying within your dietary means!) :honey_pot:

3. Stir your drink in a clockwise motion as many times as feels right for you, inviting fertility growth into your life :leftwards_arrow_with_hook:

4. Drink your beverage until it is half gone- feeling the warmth in your belly and in the cup in your hands. Allow this fullness to fill you with joy and promise.

5. You may choose to say the chant:

Goddess from whom this warmth does flow
May love spring forth from the seed you sow.
From your gentle hand, flowers appear
Under your motherly gaze- there’s naught to fear!

1. Sip the rest of your drink in content relaxation, meditating on the Goddess(es) of your choosing, or the fruitfulness of nature :relaxed:
  • Enjoy the Benefits of Meditation. After enjoying a soothing beverage and calming moment, you can continue your day with a clear mind, increased focus, and a boost of positivity.

After your meditation, welcome back! :heart:

You are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time. Share some pics of your tea, your plans for the rest of the week, or just talk about what’s on your mind today.

Wishing a very bountiful and prosperous Goddess of Fertility Day to all! No matter which goddess you worship or how you choose to celebrate, I’m sending good thoughts from here to you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Looking forward to sharing a cup with the forum family! :coffee:

Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

14 Likes

I’m looking forward to the tea this week. I’m going to need some down time to come back to the present. Today I have my PT & OT appointments so I will be getting ready for those. I’m looking into the Goddesses of fertility to have one to learn about for Thursday. I’m really excited to learn a little bit about them.

5 Likes

This sounds great! I have a lot to be thankful for this week!

6 Likes

I hope your appointments went well, @Siofra! :blush: And I hope you were able to explore some of the Goddesses and maybe found one or two that resonated with you! I haven’t decided if I want to focus on Aphrodite or Gaia for this meditation… there’s no right or wrong choice, so perhaps both! :grin::hearts:

Cheers to that @Amethyst! :raised_hands: :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Oh my OT appointment, I got to do some exercises on the hand bike, that thing is cool & you can feel it in your hands, arms, & upper body. Then I did PT & we did some core, hip, & leg exercises. I was sore & jelly like after that appointment. I did good, she was very happy with how I was doing, so we added those to at home exercises. I don’t see PT as often as I see OT so there’s more time to work on the exercises at home.

I am going to work with Brigid, I remembered that in my readings she was also a Goddess of Fertility, so I looked it up & found this:

" Brigid , the ‘Fire of the Hearth’, was the goddess of fertility , family, childbirth and healing. Brigid , the ‘Fire of the Forge’, was like the Greek goddess Athena, a patroness of the crafts (especially weaving, embroidery, and metalsmithing), and a goddess who was concerned with justice and law and order."

Brigid - Goddess Gift is where you can find the information that I am speaking about in this post.

7 Likes

It sounds like your appointments were successful- great job, @Siofra! :clap: Thank you for the info on Brighid, She is a wonderful Goddess to be celebrated today :pray: And apologies for not including Her on the short list above! There were way more Goddesses of Fertility than I initially thought there would be :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Happy Thursday everyone! :blush:

I’m afraid my tea ritual had to be tea-less this morning- I’ve got some blood work to do at the doctor’s today and have to fast (boo :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

But I look forward to this Thursday morning ritual and didn’t want to break a sacred routine, so I filled my mug with water and used my best visualization skills to pretend I had my usual cup of goodness :coffee: :grin:

At least I had some lovely Spring-time goodness to cheer up the mood! Thinking about Goddesses and looking at flowers just seem to go hand-in-hand :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :bouquet:

I ended up thinking about many different Goddesses over the course of the meditation, but ended up fixated on the Triple Goddess :first_quarter_moon: :full_moon: :last_quarter_moon:

Wishing a very blessed Goddess of Fertility Day to all of you! Hope you all have a wonderful day :cherry_blossom:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

10 Likes

Today I woke up & kept my daughter on track for the bus. She moves like molasses in the mornings. Definitely takes after me in that department. I see her drinking coffee in the future.

I decided to do a Headspace guided meditation to, “Jump Start My Day”, it was a nice few minutes to just be in the present moment. I focused on my breath & the movements of the airflow. I had lit my candles & I was drinking a coffee, not tea this morning.

@TheTravelWitch I also have fasting bloodwork that I have to get done, but my auto pilot goes right to the coffee pot so I haven’t been able to get it done! This always happens to me, but I’m determined that within the next few days, I will be successful.

I don’t have any appointments today, so I am going to putter around the house, go to the Stone Store, Michael’s, Wal-Mart for a few things. Other than that I am awaiting deliveries of molds & tools for the resin & wire wrapping. I’m very excited & seriously considering opening an Etsy shop. It’s just taking that first step that I need to work up to doing it.

My husband is going to make me a craft room in the basement. We are putting my pentacle chandelier down there over my sitting area. He made it for my birthday & I didn’t know where to put it until now. I’m very excited about it!

I hope everyone has a great day! Talk to you all soon!

10 Likes

Today was really busy for me , hence why i was unable to take a pic for you of my group ritual. I planned on having Lemon tea today, however things didn’t go as planned :smirk: , nevertheless I still managed to join in by having a hot mug of coffee instead :hugs: .

I managed to do a mediation on the go along with my Clear Quartz crystal, since my work flow was real busy. I give honor the Goddess will going through my day, accepting all things positive. Hope your day was a positive one?

Love & Light

9 Likes

Today was my first group meditation ritual, and it was VERY much needed today. I work from home as an admin for a social media network, and the people on it have been quite… Extra™️ today, for lack of better words. I definitely needed to take a short break and enjoy some peace and quiet.

My beverage of choice – as good as an ice-cold margarita sounds right now :drooling_face: – was a big, hot mug of camomile tea.

It’s a beautiful rainy, windy day today, and the wind is blowing in a direction that allowed me to be able to have my window open during my meditation.

I started out my meditation with the “Elemental Square Breathing” technique, then switched to the “Lunar Breathing” technique, both from Chapter 2 of Psychic Witch by Mat Auryn. After a few minutes of those techniques, I began doing the “Orbital” breathing/visualization technique from Chapter 11 of Six Ways by Aidan Wachter. I enjoyed all 3 breathing techniques and will have to use them again in the future!

After a while of structured breathing, I allowed my breathing to return to normal, and focused on the sound of the rain watering the earth and cleansing the air. I even got to hear a few squawks from the local wild pheasant population! :heart_eyes_cat:

This session left me relaxed and ready to continue attacking my work for the rest of my shift!

Sending all of you love and light in all your endeavors today! :sparkles:

8 Likes

Oh dear, I had a rough start to my morning. The corn beef and cabbage I ate last night, um…well let’s just say it didn’t agree with me so as not to be TMI. :laughing:
But after some ginger tea and a prayer to Brig, I’m starting to feel better.
On a side note, I finally worked on Grogu/Baby Yoda chia pet my parents got for me Christmas and the seeds are starting to sprout! :seedling:
Well, it’s raining and I’m off today, so I’m going to do some spring cleaning before Ostara.
Have a blessed Thursday! :sparkles:

9 Likes

I know the struggles of food not agreeing with you – I have a stomach that’s VERY sensitive to dairy products >.< Ginger tea definitely helps! Sending healing vibes for a speedy recovery! :sparkles:

7 Likes

@NickWick, @wade, @Kasandra, since I did my meditation this morning I have had a pretty good day. It was about 50 degrees all day until a little bit ago when it started raining & cooling down. That will mess with my pain levels & depending on the barometric pressure, possibly a headache will be on the way. But all in all a good day so far.

I got to go to the Stone Store here & I picked up a few tumbled stones to practice my wire wrapping tomorrow. Tonight I am cleansing the stones because they will wind up being gifts to different people. Then they will be free to cleanse & charge them when they choose to do so.

@wade that sounds like a job that meditation breaks would be needed from the day today. I love chamomile tea as well, it’s really good with lavender & mint in it. One of my favorite bedtime teas to have.

@Kasandra, I had tummy troubles the other day. I have ginger tea on hand for those days too. Yay for sprouting seeds! I hope the rest of your day goes well!

9 Likes

I had to go to work on my day off for a mandatory meeting. So glad to be back to my sanctuary. Cold, wet and windy today. Grabbed a cup of tea, anxious to sit down and chill, and meditated watching the trees blowing out back. If you stare at one spot and watch them peripherally it is mesmerizing. I can almost feel myself floating in the wind amongst the branches. I hope everyone is enjoying their day.

9 Likes

Hello Coven,
Missed several tea time.

Decided to make my usual Tumeric-ginger-honey tea. Had extra time today before work, therefore gave myself time to ground myself with prayers and meditation. A much needed ritual. Been pretty good at making sure I have my daily meditation ritual, even if it’s only 15 minutes per day.

Thank you, may this tea time find everyone in love, light and good health.
Blessed be.

9 Likes

Thank you for this meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: Me and a friend did a meditation Together. It’s raining outside pretty hard we’re all being washed with cleansing water and my chakras are cleared. It’s like pushing the restart button.

I am making Florida’s water it takes 14 days before it’s ready and then I’m gonna clean my house.

I just met a friend who is in her 70s and she’s a vegan and a wiccan. She’s giving us some cheese to try out that doesn’t have any dairy. I am openedTo trying new things.I am glad that I found another person who is Wiccan. I am sharing my spirituality with a friend of mine and she’s very enthused about learning all about Wicca.So I am glad that I could share my knowledge with someone who is interested and I feel blessed and honored.

Blessed be!!

12 Likes

Travel Witch,
I’m sorry you had a fast but I’m praying all your tests go well for you! Sending you some positive thoughts! Your Awesome for getting that done. I just need to make an appointment to get my results for my mammogram! My grandmother had her breast removed. So it’s in my dna :dna: I’m sure it’s fine Better to be safe.
Blessed be

8 Likes

I’ve always liked Aphrodite, and I feel that she’s kind of always liked me too. I will have a cup of coffee and think on her. I think she gets along with my Star Goddess well too, like perhaps they share a certain bond. I’ve been feeling a little pull lately to study the feminine nature of things and I think this will help.
Love forever!

Thank you for the meditation. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

@Jeannie1 You’ll have to let us know how the vegan cheese is! I’m trying to transition to more of a vegetarian/vegan diet, so I’m always looking for new treats! :star_struck:

6 Likes

My helper made chili for me today so it’s too warm in the apartment for hot tea tonight so I toast you all with a cold can of root beer! LOL. I was very thankful for it actually. It was nice and cold and tasted good going down.

Sally made chili and put the leftovers in the freezer for me already … the kitchen is already clean and everything. Something that would have taken me a couple of days for me to do so once again I am thankful for her. Other than that we had a slow day today … but tomorrow will be busy. I ordered a new vacuum from Amazon since my old one is on the cusp of burning up with pet hair in it. So we’ll be putting the new one together tomorrow. Wish us luck!

@TheTravelWitch I’m so sorry you had to miss out on tea this morning but glad you got that blood work done. That’s important.

Sounds like you had a busy morning with your Mini-Me and a busy day planned @Siofra! I hope you were able to get everything done. And yay for a craft room! That’s so nice!

No worries @NickWick. I don’t always post a picture of my tea since I usually use the same mug. Hope your coffee was good!

Great to see you here @wade! Sounds like you’ve got that breathing exercise down. Good for you! I used to work telemarketing and sometimes you need to just step back and breathe.

I’m sorry your tummy was upset but I’m glad you’re feeling better @Kasandra! Hope your cleaning went well.

I used to hate going in for mandatory meetings. I’m glad the trees helped calm you down when you got home!

Glad to have you back @walter! Your tea as usual looks spectacular!

Wow. That sounds amazing! And having a friend to do it with makes it even more special. Beautiful picture too! Thanks for sharing! And good luck with the mammogram, those things are a pain but they’re needed.

Glad to hear from you @colin! If you find a connection with the Star Goddess and Aphrodite, you’ll have to tell us.

10 Likes