(Group Ritual - Mar 4) ⚖ In Like a Lion

Welcome to March, everyone! :blush:

Thank you once again to everyone who joined in for last week’s group ritual :snowflake: - here’s to hoping that nicer weather has found its way to you!

Now that the claws of winter are releasing their hold, spring can come skipping on in. Just like the old weather folklore saying says:

March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb

This phrase is based on the spiritual belief that nature balances itself to maintain harmony. With this idea in mind, let’s gather for a meditative cup to balance ourselves as we head into March! :calendar:

~ :lion: ~ Thursday, March 4th - Lion and Lamb: Finding Balance ~ :sheep: ~

Find some time to join in for a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :woman_in_lotus_position:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together and share our energies and support when we share a quiet moment together.

Let’s enjoy a relaxing and peaceful tea time as a coven- you are warmly invited!

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage . While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, hot cocoa, or any other beverage :coffee:

• Find a quiet place to relax . Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent . You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :woman_in_lotus_position:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional - Mar 4) : Lion and Lamb: Finding Balance :lion::balance_scale: :sheep:

This meditation is based off of the weather folklore phrase March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb.

Just as nature balances itself, so too can we bring balance into our lives over a magickal meditation and visualization!

1. Take a moment before you begin to draw on the weather outside. Is it roaring and wild, or gentle and sweet? Let the energy of the weather help fuel and inspire you throughout this ritual :sun_behind_small_cloud:

2. Hold your cup firmly in your hands and swish the liquid (careful not to spill!) 3 times in either direction. These energetic, charged movements are the power of the lion :lion:

3. You may say the phrase:

May the strength of the lion guide me to greatness

1. Now, gently stir your beverage 3 times in the opposite direction. These soft and subtle movements are representative of the pure lamb :sheep:

2. You may say the phrase:

May the lamb’s gentle nature keep me humble and gracious

1. As you sip your beverage, visualize the two dual aspects (lion and lamb, yin and yang, pride and humility, light and dark- any form you choose) coming to peace and harmony inside you :yin_yang:
  • Enjoy the Benefits of Meditation. After enjoying a soothing beverage and calming moment, you can continue your day with a clear mind, increased focus, and a boost of positivity.

After your meditation, welcome back! :heart:

You are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time. Share some pics of your tea, your plans for the rest of the week, or just talk about what’s on your mind today.

Looking forward to sharing a warm cup and balanced meditation with you on Thursday! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:lion: Be well and Blessed Be! :sheep:

15 Likes

Oh yay, I’m feeling better this week about my practice & can’t wait to share a tea with everyone!

5 Likes

It certainly was windy here in WV yesterday. That counts as coming in like a lion, doesn’t it?

7 Likes

Greeting, is this done at a certain time?

6 Likes

Nope, any time on Thursday! We’re too far away to all meet at one time.

6 Likes

Same here! It was so windy my car was rocking from side to side. :dash: There were snow flurries too.

5 Likes

Whenever you have the time to do so! Then just post here about your experience & your day & such.

I look forward to having tea with everyone this week!

6 Likes

I think a windy start absolutely counts as coming in like a lion @Amethyst! :grin: Or perhaps it’s more like soaring in like an eagle? :eagle: :thinking: Either way, here’s to hoping March leaves in a more calmly manner! :laughing:

That sounds wild, @Kasandra- stay safe (and warm!) :cloud_with_snow:

@Amethyst and @Siofra have you covered, @Saulamay- yes! Since we are all based in different time zones (and have different schedules too!) the meditation can be done at any point during the day. Looking forward to sharing a cup with you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

@TheTravelWitch thank you, I just wasn’t sure if it was set between a certain timeframe. I’ll plan an after work tea and meditation. Blessed be.

6 Likes

Definitely looking forward to this~I feel my soul will be lifted spending some time with all of you

6 Likes

Wonderful- I hope you both have a delightful meditation @Saulamay and @AliceInWonderdab ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :coffee:

4 Likes

Wishing a very good morning to coven members near and far! :wave:

March may have stormed in with roaring winds and chilly cold :cold_face: - but thanks to some lovely daffodils my partner picked up at the local Kwiaciarnia (flower shop), we at least have a bit of springtime happiness inside :blush::blossom:

So sunny and bright! :sun_with_face: Sipping my warm tea and looking at these cheery flowers made me hopeful that spring will arrive soon. I can’t wait to see the lovely flowers at local parks again! :bouquet: :heart_eyes:

Sending warmth and love from me to all of you- I hope you all have a delightful meditation and a very blessed day! :hugs: :heart:

8 Likes

I am setting a notification on my phone to do this later. I am needing some good quality meditation today :cloud_with_lightning:

5 Likes

Hey guess what???
I FINALLY MADE IT!!! :grin:
As I did the meditation, I visualized a lions body with a lambs head :sweat_smile: but I took it seriously. I have cafè la llave, and it’s sooooo good! I wish I could share through my device lol :laughing:
Anywhooo, this was nice!!

6 Likes

Oh and the weather is chilly with clear skies. I watched the sunrise. I love to watch the sunrise bc it’s beautiful (obviously) and Its quiet and I love the peace.

6 Likes

I finally had enough time to sit by myself and do this meditation, but with my 3rd cup of coffee today (it’s also the last). Our weather is in the 40s with a slight wind that is gusting at about 25 mph in my area. For us it’s hoodie weather after what we have gone through.

I went to my yearly physical today & found out that my anxiety is manifesting in another new & exciting way with hot flashes. So if my blood pressure goes up (mine is low, so when my Dr sees it reading “normal” it’s high for me) and my anxiety is going… hot flash. My blood pressure was “normal” today and I had 2 flashes while I was in the office with her and got very flushed. Since she could actually see what I was talking about, I have some fasting blood work to do tomorrow to check a few things & she said it’s most likely my anxiety with a splash of… I’m a woman getting older :rofl: Great. Anywho, I have my new tank top on with a sweater so I can take it off if I need to.

I have done the Black Tourmaline meditation, which really helped me ground myself and I am wearing a black tourmaline with a quartz crystal. Black Tourmaline Meditation

Prior to this I had lit a green candle for abundance and a yellow candle for mental clarity. I also have a white tealight with some rose in it that I lit for the coven’s energy exchange circle today. I’m hoping it brings healing and love to the energy exchange. I have been lighting black and white candles for the coven all week and decided to change it up a bit today.

I have been really reading my natal chart and my numerology chart. I also did a compatibility chart and couples natal chart. I’m excited to look at those to see how we come together as a whole. I have also been trying to care for my crystals and really pay attention to why I am wearing them and using them each day. I saw a few places say not to wear more than 3 crystals at a time to prevent crystal chaos. I don’t know that is the actual term used, but it seems fitting.

I hope everyone has a good day. I’m taking today to focus on relaxing and not getting to worked up about things I cannot control and letting the things come as they may.

7 Likes

I love that outfit, @Siofra! The shirt is amazing!

I hope you get time in your day for some rest and meditation, @MeganB, @AliceInWonderdab, and @Saulamay.

The flowers are gorgeous, Brianna. What kind of tea did you have this week?

Yay, @christina4!

I combined my tea/coffee time with the :star: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Star Magick. (I’m linking directly to my post. :wink: ) It’s been another wonderful day connecting with the universe and enjoying these moments with you around the globe. Thank you. :pray:t3:

5 Likes

Thank you! I had to add the sweater to it because I need to take it off if my body decides it’s way too hot again. Lol… I’ve been okay since I’ve been home & taking it easy. When I was doing some spellwork I got a little warm but it subsided after I was done. It was nothing like it was in the doctor’s office this morning. :rofl:

4 Likes

Say hello to my little friend. We are out in my backyard during my lunch hour as we do rituals together.

As I sit outside, I can see how nature is balancing out. It feels peaceful, and I can feel my crown chakra tingling - that must be the :sunny: LOL Either way, I’ll take it.

There is a cool breeze brushing up on me and not the biting freeze from 2 weeks ago. I am grateful to be alive in these challenging times and send out positive vibes back to the Universe

Thank you, dear Coven, for the opportunity to share this time with you.

Thank you, my Lady and my Lord, as you continue to bring balance for us all.

So Mote It Be.

11 Likes

Good afternoon!
March has come in like a lion for me. I’ve had to put in more hours at work this week since the Full Snow Moon (gosh darn that money spell… again🤣). The new hires weren’t stocking the shelves properly or cleaning the store, so I’ve had to pick up the slack. They’re getting less hours now since they’ve started calling off a lot.
This is the first meditation I’ve done in a week, so it was much needed! I drank coffee this time and said Crowley’s coffee consecration prayer for an extra boost of energy. :coffee:
My childhood friend came to mind during this meditation. Lion and lamb. Jesus is called the Lion of Judah and the Sacrificial Lamb. She was/is more of a devout Catholic than I was. We drifted apart after we both went off to university. Four years ago, I found out through Facebook that she got married. It hurt that I wasn’t invited. :disappointed: Until I started my journey, the mere thought of it made feel angry and sad. We were as close as sisters and spent countless weekends playing video games like The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros, reading watching Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Sailor Moon, and drawing.
But maybe it’s for the best that we drifted apart. Since I’m now Wiccan and she is still a devout Catholic, I’m not sure we’d be get along like we used to. But I have friends now who accept me and my religion. As Disney’s Fox and the Hound taught me, your childhood friendships won’t always last a lifetime, but “in my heart’s the memory and there you’ll always be.”
Have a blessed Thursday (what’s left of it)! :sparkles:

6 Likes