(Group Ritual - May 20) International Tea Day with Your Coven 🍵

Wishing a warm welcome to all! :hearts:

Hopefully the positive energies from last week’s group ritual have kept you uplifted and feeling good about yourself :hugs:

This week is a special occasion! As mentioned in the Merry Meet Monday news post, this week ends with a holiday called International Tea Day- a day to celebrate all things tea! :tea:

The International Tea Day aims to raise awareness of the long history and the deep cultural and economic significance of tea around the world. The goal of the day is to promote and foster collective actions to implement activities in favour of the sustainable production and consumption of tea and raise awareness of its importance in fighting hunger and poverty.

From Wikipedia: International Tea Day

International Tea Day celebrates something loved across borders and cultures. In addition to being a magickal tool and a beloved companion for many creative and artsy souls, tea is something that transcends time and distance :world_map:

Although International Day Tea falls on Friday this week, I think there’s no better way to welcome in the tea celebrations than by sharing a cup with the coven. After all, as a drink that unites people and fosters love around the world, tea and the coven have a lot in common- all the more reason to celebrate this holiday! :tea::grin::infinite_roots:

~ :tea: ~ Thursday, May 20th - International Tea Day ~ :tea: ~

Find some time to join in for shared spellwork and a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :woman_in_lotus_position:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together and share our energies and support when we share a quiet moment together.

Let’s enjoy a relaxing and peaceful tea time as a coven- you are warmly invited!

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage . While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, hot cocoa, or any other beverage :coffee:

• Find a quiet place to relax . Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent . You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :woman_in_lotus_position:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional - May 20) : International Tea Day Meditation :tea:

To celebrate how tea brings people together across place and time, we will be using a very special tea blessing this week!

This tea blessing has been passed along and shared over the ages: from the Great Magical Papyrus, adapted in the works of Scott Cunningham, shared through the resources on Spells8, and now presented here to you today :hugs:

Tea-blessing-thumb

Follow along with the steps below, and feel free to say the chant along with Forum Founder Francisco in his guided Tea Blessing Prayer here:

🙏 Tea Blessing Prayer (Wiccan Chant) & Offering for Household Deities - YouTube

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

~~ Spells8 Tea Blessing Offering ~~

• Light a white candle to begin :candle:

• Take your wand or athame (if you don’t have either, the touch of your finger will suffice!) and place it to your herbs, coffee, or tea bag within your drinking vessel :dagger:

• As you breath deeply and channel your magick through your wand/athame/hand, say the incantation:

You have grown by favor of the Sun,
The Moon, and of the dew.
I make this intercession, you herb:
I ask you to be of benefit to me and my rite,
For your virtues are unfailing :pray:

[Full incantation on the Tea Blessing page]

• Drink your blessed tea and enjoy the many virtues of your wholesome drink throughout your day :relieved:

:open_book: :grey_exclamation: This tea spell and ritual is available as a Printable Page- feel free to download it here to add to your Book of Spells or Grimoire.

Tea-Blessing-Offering

After your meditation, welcome back! :heart:

When your meditation is complete, enjoy the good vibes! Meditation helps to foster a clear mind, increased focus, and boost of positivity- carry these good feelings with you through the rest of your day or night! :star2:

Chat With Your Coven :speaking_head:

Know that you are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time in the comments below. Share some pics of your tea, your plans for the rest of the week, or just talk about what’s on your mind today.

And if you are around and available, the wonderful @MeganB is hosting a Zoom chat this week to have a cozy chat with the coven! Additional details will be posted in the comments below.

Join the Zoom Chat Here!
[12pm - 1pm EST, Thursday May 20th]

For tea lovers looking for more ways to continue their International Tea Day celebrations, here are a few additional resources you might enjoy:

Whether you’re a tea fantastic or simply enjoy spending a peaceful and happy moment with your coven- I’m looking forward to sharing a warm cup with you this Thursday :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Until then, Love and Light and Blessed Tea! :coffee::candle::grin:

16 Likes

I’ve got my first vaccination on Thursday so will likely need good vibes. I’ll definitely be joining in at some point :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Thank you so much for the Tea Blessing, I am going to put it with my Coffee Consecration. I think on Thursday I will do the Morning Tea. I think we did it a couple of weeks ago, but I went off on a tangent & wound up meditating about… something… It will be nice to have some downtime this week.

@IrisW congratulations on the vaccine. Sending you positive energy! The first day isn’t that bad & the 2nd day if you drink plenty of water/fluids & take Tylenol around the first 36 hours, it really helps. But as quick as it comes in, is as quick as it goes away. Sending healing light to you this week!

Now to decide on which tea I want to have that day & which mug I will use! :tea:

8 Likes

Ohh, International Tea Day? I’m gonna have to choose a good one (or maybe make a lavender calendula tea of my own! I think those can be combined… :woman_shrugging: )

Can’t wait to see you all on Thursday for the Zoom Tea Time!

8 Likes

I may be a bit late but I’ll be there with bells on! I just wish I had my phone back so I could Zoom with y’all.

7 Likes

You and I are the Thursday vaccination team, @IrisW! :laughing: :+1: Good luck to both of us with our shots! :pray:

You’re very welcome, @Siofra! :blush: The Morning Tea is a wonderful one to do- enjoy it! Looking forward to seeing which tea and mug you choose :coffee: :two_hearts:

Lavender and Calendula sound like they would make a very relaxing and soothing combo, @MeganB! It looks like they can come together to make a yummy cake, so a tea would be delicious as well I imagine! :grin:

[Picture from Pinterest- I could not for the life of me find the recipe as it looks like the original site ‘thenaturalowl. com’ closed down. If anyone has/finds a similar recipe- please share! :yum:]

9 Likes

Hi, this is Jeannie hope you all had a good Monday! glad to hear Travel Witch and Soifra have the covid shots! The calendula bread looks amazing!
Thought I’d put my new singing bowl to good use and hear some high vibrations and meditate using meditation. I really enjoyed the tea spell! I canted after my meditation and prayed. Which seems almost impossible for me sometimes!
Once I gave all ten crystal bowls away to a holistic therapy organization know I finally have one for my own, personal use. I just found one for kinda cheep. When the lady rubbed the wand she made it sound so loud and it was really nice, so now I need to figure out how to do the same technique fornthe bowl. So that’s something I am working on. Besides getting some pictures ready for the big day. I hope you all are feeling the peace coming from the blue bowl! The energy is very high!
Blessed be! :pray:

8 Likes

Thank you @Jeannie1! I hope you have a great day! I have the same wood pentacle that is under your mug, which I love by the way. I would love to have a witchy mug for my Thursdays! I will have to look around for one. Thank you!

8 Likes

Beautiful picture, @Jeannie1- and that is just the perfect mug! :star_struck: :+1: The sound of singing bowls is so relaxing, it sounds like you had a truly lovely meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: Thanks for sharing your good energy! Hope you have a wonderful day :blush:

8 Likes

Happy Thursday everyone! :wave:

Sending greetings from the Polish countryside- and when I say countryside, I mean countryside. We are deep in the woods and farmlands out here! :deciduous_tree: :cow2:

We stayed at my partner’s family’s place last night and will be going to get out first vaccine shot in a town not too far away today. Got my fingers crossed it will all go well! :crossed_fingers:

Celebrating International Tea Day with a tea that I’m quite sure what it is :joy: Some kind of strong black tea- gotta start the day off with energy! The birds chirping and fresh country air are a wonderful break from the city life! :bird:

Sending lots of love from here to you! Hope you have a blessed day :pray::blush:

8 Likes

Cold Citron and Honey Tea,
Cold Citron & Honey Tea

Just finished cycling several minutes ago, after cycling for about 30 minutes straight within my neighborhood grounds,

Blessed Be,
Margaret

7 Likes

The tea will come when I get home. Started the day with a 7km run, just had my first Covid vaccine and now waiting in the observation area. Then going to have lunch out with my husband for the first time in months.

10 Likes

How exciting! I’m having lunch with my husband today also! I have to meet him at our favorite little lunch shop. They make amazing sandwiches! I will be back for tea when I get home from that excursion!

7 Likes

Now back from having my jab and lunch out. Only Pizza Express but restaurants here only opened for service inside on Monday, so it’s the first time we’ve had lunch in a restaurant since before Christmas.

Feeling a little dizzy and lightheaded after the jab, so decided a nice soothing Chamomile tea and tea meditation was in order. Very calming. Now going to sit, finish my tea and relax for a while before attempting some work.

8 Likes

Good Morning Coven!

I’m enjoying a hot cup of Columbian coffee with Italian sweet cream.
I chose to do the White Candle Meditation with our tea time today because I feel like I need to get my mind right, the last couple of days I’ve just felt a bit off. A lot of random thoughts running laps in my mind, feeling as if something is coming but I’m unaware of what it pertains to.
I’ve consulted both my Tarot and my Moonology Oracle cards as well as pulled a rune.

Healing energy sent to @IrisW and @TheTravelWitch for a speedy recovery after their vaccination.
Blessed Be,

7 Likes

Thank you @Rowan

7 Likes

I’m just popping in quickly today for the tea ritual, I had a plain ol earl grey and sat next to the big pine tree i my garden to meditate :heart: I’m heading out to see a friend IV not been able to see for a while because of the pandemic :heart:but not before I plant these three beautiful ladies

I hope everyone has an awesome day :heart:

6 Likes

Good morning!

I had to make a difficult decision last night, but it has been months in the making. I turned in my two weeks notice at work. My boss said some very hurtful things to me yesterday. I won’t go into detail but he went off on me for not getting everything done the other day, even though I had a valid excuse (we’re still short staffed and we were busy like there was a major holiday). He didn’t want to hear my excuse and said that if it happened again, disciplinary measures would be taken, that he is not going to be continually screwed by his staff.
Even after he left, there was a dark cloud of negativity hovering in the store and it was affecting me so much throughout my entire shift, several customers were asking me what was wrong.

When I got home, I took a spiritually cleansing bath and made myself a cup of rosemary (iced) tea. I’m still feeling some of the effects of his negativity. I’m thinking of saying a prayer to Tysteal, the Dragon Shepard Goddess, for protection and wear my black tourmaline at work today.

Anyway, I’m having some rosemary (iced) tea, again, this morning. I didn’t want to leave my job of 8 years, but the environment has gotten so toxic it’s affecting me mentally and physically. I have no worries that I’ll find another job soon, since there is a shortage of workers and there are “now hiring” signs everywhere.

Have a blessed Thursday! :sparkles:

8 Likes

I’ll be on the Zoom meeting, but I’ll be a little late :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

That cake looks delicious @TheTravelWitch and now you’ve made me hungry :sweat_smile: I might just have to make that one day (if I can find the recipe lol) I’m wishing you all the best today as you go get your vaccine :partying_face:

I hope your cycling was enjoyable! :bike:

Oh goodness @IrisW :sweat_smile: It has been a dream of mine to be able to run, but I honestly don’t think it will ever happen! I’m happy to hear you got your vaccine though :partying_face: You setup there looks gorgeous and I love that your wooden pentacle has a candle holder in the middle! I hope you’re feeling okay after your vaccine and that your immune system is :muscle: doing work :muscle:

Mmmm :coffee: is the best :coffee: no harm there! I skipped out on the tea today and am instead drinking an energy drink :laughing: I hope you can find some clarity through the fog you’ve been feeling!

@Liisa I absolutely love that mug :llama: and I hope you have a good time out with your friend!

That does sound absolutely toxic @Kasandra and I’m sorry you’re having to go through that right now :hugs: It can definitely be a difficult decision to make but I am glad you face the challenge and are making good decisions for your mental health!

I was so happy to see the wonderful faces of everyone who joined in on the Zoom call today! Thank you for coming in and chatting with us :heart: I’m just now sitting down at my desk to get some work done before my busy week next week. I hope everyone else has a wonderful day!

8 Likes