(Group Ritual - May 27) Hecate's Justice ⚖

A warm welcome to all!

I hope everyone enjoyed last week’s tea celebrations! :tea::blush: This week takes a different theme, inspired by a holiday honoring those who promote justice :balance_scale:

As mentioned in this week’s Merry Meet Monday, the holiday Amnesty International Day is happening this week.

If you haven’t heard of the organization before, Amnesty International is an NGO (non-governmental / non-profit) group whose mission is to empower those whose voices go unheard and protect human rights around the world :woman_judge::earth_americas::dove:

AI-logo-300x140
[Logo from Amnesty International]

In line with the theme of justice, this week’s tea meditation invokes the Goddess Hectate- Queen of the Night, Upholder of Justice, and Goddess of the Crossroads :old_key:.

As a powerful force of righteousness, karma, and unveiling secrets to find the truth- Hecate is a powerful diety to call upon when banishing evil, seeking justice, and upholding righteousness :woman_judge:

This week, join your coven to share a cup that seeks to maintain peaceful balance and uphold the value of justice :coffee: :balance_scale:

[Pic from Pinterest]

~ :balance_scale: ~ Thursday, May 27th - Hecate’s Justice ~ :balance_scale: ~

Find some time to join in for shared spellwork and a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :woman_in_lotus_position:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together and share our energies and support when we share a quiet moment together.

Let’s enjoy a relaxing and peaceful tea time as a coven- you are warmly invited!

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage . While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, hot cocoa, or any other beverage :coffee:

• Find a quiet place to relax . Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent . You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :woman_in_lotus_position:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional - May 27) : Hecate’s Justice :balance_scale:

This week’s tea meditation seeks justice for the drinker through invoking Hecate. The original spells is the Spells8 Hecate’s Justice Devotional that has been adapted to best suit a tea meditation.

Hecate-Devotional-Prayer-360x240

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

~~ Prayer for Justice to Goddess Hecate ~~

• Prepare your drink of choice, practicing deep breathing and mindful movements.

• Place your ready cup on a flat space in front of you- such as table, counter, or floor.

• Take three deep and slow breaths as you watch the ripples of your drink rest into calmness, the surface of your drink becoming a flat mirror reflecting the world.

• Call upon the Goddess Hecate, representative of justice with Her prayer:

I humbly invoke you, night-wanderer of the underworld,
Queen of the dead.
Mother of darkness, give me wisdom. Give me strength.
I am your humble servant.
I receive your power, your balanced wisdom, intelligence and mercy.
Your inner beauty, your sense of justice,
the victory of the spirit over matter.
Send me your dreams, visions, astral travels, apparitions,
I will be quiet as a reliable channel for your spiritual wisdom.
I embrace your gifts. I embrace your past and future of victory.
I accept you as my Goddess.
I am your humble servant.

[Full prayer on the Hecate Devotional Page]

• Drink your beverage with a sense of calm, channeling Hectate’s energies of balance, wisdom, and justice through you for the rest of the day.

• You may also choose to listen along to the spoken prayer on the Hectate Devotional Page, or the Tribute to Hecate Song by Wendy Rule on YouTube :headphones:

:open_book: :grey_exclamation: This prayer is available as a Printable Page- feel free to download it here to add to your Book of Spells or Grimoire.

Prayer-to-Hecate-Invocation-Chant

After your meditation, welcome back! :heart:

When your meditation is complete, enjoy the good vibes! Meditation helps to foster a clear mind, increased focus, and boost of positivity- carry these good feelings with you through the rest of your day or night! :star2:

Chat With Your Coven :speaking_head:

Know that you are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time in the comments below. Share some pics of your tea, your plans for the rest of the week, or just talk about what’s on your mind today.

:grey_exclamation: Due to prior staff commitments, please note that there will not be a live Zoom chat this week! Apologies- please look forward to live chats in future weeks.

No matter where in the world you call home, I hope you are safe, well, and can freely enjoy practicing your magick in confidence :blush::pray: This week, please keep fellow coven members living in more difficult or dangerous situations in your thoughts and your heart :heart:

Sending Love and Light from here to you! Looking forward to sharing
wishes for wholesome justice and a warm cup with you this Thursday :coffee:

Blessed be! :tea:

20 Likes

I’ve definitely gotta make it this week! I missed the last two weeks. :flushed: Hecate and I are close, so I have to show up here with appreciation!!! And it’s Amnesty week, count me in!!!

14 Likes

When I saw this, I EEEEPed out loud because I’ve been trying to work on my relationship with Hekate! :heart_eyes_cat: I am BEYOND excited for this week’s group meditation/ritual!

If anyone has any tips/suggestions for working with Hekate, please don’t hesitate to teach me what you know! I’d love to hear what you’re willing to share, either here or via DM! :heart_eyes_cat:

9 Likes

Oh I like this one! I have never worked with Hecktate so I’m excited to connect with her this week. I will have to find a nice meditation to do for the tea too. Maybe one that has to do with Hecktate! Oh happy day! I look forward to making it to the tea this week!

8 Likes

Very much joining in this week.

9 Likes

Oh yeah! This is such a good one!
Thank you @TheTravelWitch :wink:

10 Likes

I thought of you @Rowan when I saw what this one was because I knew you worked with her & read the book. I’m so happy for you! :heart:

@IrisW are you going to lunch with your husband again? I think I might this week. It’s been really nice here the past couple of weeks & we eat outside.

8 Likes

Ill be there :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heartpulse:

10 Likes

I’ve only worked with Hecate once, which was during a ritual to banish evil, and sadly, we didn’t connect, but I can try again. Goddess knows the world needs as many prayers for justice as possible.

10 Likes

Sadly not this week. He’s working in London on Sunday, but it’s a Bank Holiday on Monday and we have his kids with us for the week from Sunday so hoping the weather is nice enough for a barbecue :fire:

6 Likes

Oh that would be lovely. We have a Federal Holiday here in the States too. It’s Memorial Day, so we will have a 3 day weekend & hopefully nice enough weather for a barbecue. My neighbor will be having a neighborhood talent show in her backyard this weekend too. My daughter & husband will be in it. They are doing a dance with each other, then my daughter is doing a couple of other things in it too.

7 Likes

I’ve never tried to commune with Hecate! I’ll be happy to join in and start by honoring her.

9 Likes

I just love these group rituals! I figure a good strong black tea would suit Hecate the most. I’ll probably have Earl Grey. What are y’all drinking?

6 Likes

:hugs:”Wow”, I am glad I didn’t miss this one and this is why I need to make sure I am paying better attention. At least I will have some time to prepare! I think it’s nice since we’re going to have a full moon & our alter will be ready to go . I would like to make my own oil. I just looked up Hecates oil

3 drops of Myrrh

2drops of Cypress

1drop of Patchouly

1 dried Mint leaf

I can grab my mint from my countertop although I don’t have Cypress. Does anyone know if I can substitute Cypress? I looked it up and I found out that the cypress is sorta like a pine. Cypress is used for muscle aches. Does anyone know what the other herbs are usually used for?
Herbal Substitutes
I can’t wait to make some Hecate oil and I have been meaning to make some for some time!
Thank you for this ritual Brianna (Travel Witch)
I am very delighted to be apart of this ritual!
Jeannie

6 Likes

Hecate is much-loved in the forum indeed! I am glad to hear so many of you are looking forward to working with Her- whether she is favorite deity of yours, or this is your first time calling on Her :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ohhhhh good question! :grin: I’m thinking a black/herbal mix this week. I’ve been drinking a lot of Raspberry tea lately, and I totally agree with you that a nice strong, black blend will suit working with Hecate :yum::coffee:

That looks like a lovely recipe for Hecate Oil, Jeannie! Thanks for sharing :grin:

Sacred Soul has a Complete List of Essential Oil Substitutions. For Cypress, they recommend:

Aroma Substitutes for Cypress Essential Oil

Pine, ginger, fir, juniper, geranium

Therapeutic Substitutions for Cypress Essential Oil

• Skin healing – tea tree, lavender, grapefruit
  • Excessive Perspiration – Ginger, patchouli
  • Oily Skin – clary sage, lavender, grapefruit
  • Aches and pains – Lavender, juniper, ginger, black pepper, copaiba
  • Grief - Rose, Melissa

[From Sacred Soul: Cypress Substitutions]

Good luck with making your Hecate oil- may it come out wonderfully! :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

@Amethyst I think I am going to have just a regular black tea, probably Lipton :rofl:

@Jeannie1 that is a great recipe for Hectate’s oil! I’m going to save the Essential Oils substitutions to my bookmarks too. Sometimes I just don’t have the right one but I usually have something comparable to substitute it with. Thank you for the resource @TheTravelWitch! Now I feel like I should put something in my diffuser.

I also feel like it’s a cool, overcast, possibly rainy day so I will be in my space with the puppers :dog: for a while today. Just taking my time before I greet the world outside of my home.

7 Likes

Hecate would take time out for those tiny little tea leaves, in Lipton tea! LOL!

7 Likes

I want to find a black tea with cherry tea. I think that would pair well but I can’t find any around here. Not in time for tomorrow at any rate.

6 Likes

I like Lady Grey tea, but I don’t have any & the other teas that I have aren’t black teas. They are chamomile-based for the most part. So my Lipton will have to do for now! I haven’t had this one in a while though, so it’s good for a change.

5 Likes

Sorry if I missed a post; plus I claim “noob” status…,) is there a particular time I should meet with the coven for the meditation? I’m in Mountain Daylight Time. Thanks in advance

6 Likes