(Group Ritual - Nov 19) Tea for the Waxing Moon 🌓

Greetings to all!

The Wheel of the Year spins forward and the moon passes through phases in the sky. With another week comes another Thursday- time for tea with the coven! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::coffee:

~ :first_quarter_moon: ~ Tea for the Waxing Moon- Thurs, Nov 19th ~ :first_quarter_moon: ~

On Thursday, join in for a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies.

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together when we share a cup and a quiet moment together.

Let’s enjoy a relaxing and peaceful tea time together- you are warmly invited! :hugs:

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage . While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, or any other beverage :coffee:

• Find a quiet place to relax . Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent. You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :person_in_lotus_position:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional: November 19th) Waxing Moon Tea for Realization of a Wish

We will soon be blessed by the light of the First Quarter Moon. With a little magick, we will draw on the waxing energy of the moon to bring a wish into being.

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

As the Moon fills with light in the days between a new and full moon, this waxing period is ripe for certain kinds of spellwork. The Spells8 Waxing Moon Guide suggests now is the time for expansion, progress, and achievements.

1. As you prepare your tea or beverage, hold your wish inside your heart. Visualize your hands wrapping around the thing or outcome you are hoping for.

2. Stir your beverage three times in a clockwise motion and imagine the moon growing brighter, filling in the sky and illuminating your wish with each clockwise turn.

3. As you sip your tea, meditate on how wonderful it will be for your wish to come true. Visualize how you will feel and what you will do when it happens.

4. When you reach the bottom of your mug, inhale and exhale deeply three times.

5. Say:
    The wish in my heart, I clearly see.
    Make dreams become real- so mote it be.

• Enjoy the Benefits of Meditation. After enjoying a soothing beverage and calming moment, you can continue your day with a clear mind, increased focus, and a boost of positivity (and caffeine!)

After your meditation, welcome back :heart_decoration:

You are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time. Share some pics of your tea, your plans for the rest of the week, or just talk about what’s on your mind today!

With the waxing moon giving a boost to abundance and manifestation, now is a wonderful time to bring your wishes into being. May you achieve your goals and receive many blessings in the coming days :first_quarter_moon: :hugs:

I am looking forward to tea time together in just a few days! Until then, I’m sending love and light to all :candle:

Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! :heart: :heart: :heart:
I’m saving this for every Waxing Moon.
Bookmarked! @MeganB :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

I’m looking forward to this week’s tea time. I have a sort of busy week, or at least in the mornings. Thursday is the only day that I don’t have one actually! I just got my laptop today so I am playing around with that and trying to get it set up.

5 Likes

Hooray! So glad you like it, @Limeberry :blush: Time to work a little moon magic this week~ :first_quarter_moon::sparkles:

Congrats on the new laptop, @Krissie117! :computer: So exciting- good luck setting it up :+1: And that’s wonderful you can have a relaxing time on Thursday- sounds like a busy week ahead for you!

6 Likes

Happy Thursday, everyone!

Is it just me, or are you feeling some excitement in the air?

Maybe it’s all the Christmas decorations at the grocery store (too early, I know! But still exciting- I love this time of year :laughing::christmas_tree: ), or perhaps the last days of Scorpio season :scorpius:, or perhaps the charging energy of the First Quarter Moon? :first_quarter_moon:

Not sure what it is- but there’s some good energy in the air today!

First peek of the coming sunshine in Warsaw this morning :city_sunrise:

My wish during tea time meditation this morning was having a good holiday season. This is the second year I’m far from home and away from family and friends- and with the current pandemic, there’s no chance of heading back for the holidays.

But I am grateful to have my partner close by and I’m hoping to make this a very special season for the two of us. Bring out the pumpkin recipes, decorations, and joyous cheer! :partying_face::snowflake:

Sending big hugs to all- hope you are doing well, and may all your tea meditation wishes come true! :sparkles:

Blessed be :hugs:

5 Likes

AWE… I hope your holiday is everything you hope and imagine it can be… How can it fail with great pumpkin recipes in hand! Beautiful shot of the morning… we are still dark or I would send one back… It is yoga day so I am off to class in a bit… brunch after for Dad. BLESSINGS ALWAYS! @TheTravelWitch

5 Likes

Happy Thursday, Witches!
I’m unfortunately feeling rather run-down and sniffy today :sneezing_face: so I’ve made a loving and healing tea to help me get my spark back asap!
Strong back tea with raspberry cordial, fresh ginger and lemon juice.
Simple but :crossed_fingers:t2: effective and gosh it’s delicious.
Raspberry is said to help ‘sweat out’ colds, combined with the traditional fiery healing powers of ginger and lemon… I should be on to a winner! :sweat_smile:
Loved this meditation @TheTravelWitch, thanks again!
I’m wishing for health and energy - I think I’ll do it a few times today!
Have a gorgeous day my beauties :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Good Morning Witches! Wow, feels like I’ve been gone for weeks. My days have been so crazy, barely having time to sit and reflect/recharge. My son is planning to visit us next Wednesday for a few days, so that’s exciting. This week while grateful for his recovery, I have just felt drained from the week before. So this morning’s Tea Time is so nice. I’m sitting at my dining room table enjoying a hot cup of coffee, with intentions stirred in for calming energies and strife less days ahead. Being OCD, when my mind is troubled I go on a cleaning bender :face_with_hand_over_mouth:, so to keep me busy and hopefully less frantic about trying to solve or fix everything. Closets have been rearranged, carpets cleaned, furniture scrubbed, countertops rearranged and appliances both big and small wiped. Laundry never lets me down with a constant flow each day as well. As I sip my coffee, I imagine each of you sitting around the world with me, listening and sharing all your wonderful words of wisdom and support. Since the days are cooler now I’ve got my patio door open and I’m enjoying the sounds of birds and squirrels rustling the leaves. Which makes me think that’s probably how my brain would sound if I could hear it, lol. Rustling thoughts and chirping demands. But this moment I’m giving it the big “Shhhhhh”, and embracing each of you with a grateful hug for being just who each of you are. In the last month I’ve lost a friend and almost lost my son, I know that’s part of my heavy thoughts. But I’m grateful that the friend seems less affected by the loss and that “almost” is the key statement with my son. And that each of you were there for me in each of those struggles.
Today I’m wishing for strength, abundance, and prosperity.
Cheers Dear Witches!

Oh I found some antlers (a Xmas Decoration but…) to remind me of the Horned God’s presence in my craft, and a snuffer!

5 Likes

Fabulous new finds! I love that ‘Broom Parking’ sign as well :joy:
It’s SO good to have you back with us for tea (coffee) today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’m glad you managed to get a good moment of peace with todays meditation and it’s wonderful that your son is coming to stay! All that horrible tension of the last week will just melt away with a great big mama bear squeeze! :hugs: oh I’m so happy for you :relaxed:
Enjoy the rest of your day in your beautiful sparkly home! :sparkles:

5 Likes

I definitely feel much better today than I did yesterday. I got all of my errands and appointments done today, so I am in my bed with my shows. The cold this morning got into my joints and I’m achy. I did manage to get my bloodwork done that has been waiting for since September. I also had my CT today and it was the quickest I have ever been in and out of that kind of appointment.

I have been writing in my journal a lot and yesterday I took a nice long shower. I love just letting the water run over me when I have heavy feelings.

I’m still waiting for my decision to process, so hopefully, it will be soon. I’m looking forward to doing some Christmas shopping and getting totally caught up on some bills. It’s always a refreshing feeling when they are all in order.

I’m grateful for my kids and that I can still get around with very little help. I know things are happening for the right reasons and that I will get where I’m going in due time. I just have to trust the process.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry… I have one question… do you have to be sick to drink the black tea and the raspberry cordial? It sounds WONDERFUL.

5 Likes

Thanks @berta :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: AHAHA it is wonderful! Drink away! It’s just a big ol’ mug of goodness!

P.S. It’s totally working! Snot-face has gone already! Just gotta get rid of these shakes and I’ll be right as rain (this never happens - usually when I get a cold I’m sick and disgusting for at LEAST a week! Yay for magic!)

6 Likes

INDEED!!!
Shakes could just be a side effect of the black tea caffein. That is a great recipe! It contains all the good stuff. Feel better. Hugs

6 Likes

Hey all! I almost forgot it was Thursday! LOL.

So tonight I make a cup of Sleepytime with Honey tea and did the mediation. I wished that I would get my helper, I’m on the list but I won’t find out how far on the list I am until after next Monday. I don’t want anything to happen to anyone but I need that helper! I almost passed out bringing myself and the groceries in yesterday.

So I drank my tea wishing for a helper. It was nice, I have a candle that smells nice lit beside me. It’s called woolen mittens but I think it smells of vanilla. And I’m glad I didn’t totally forget! I would have missed this will all of you guys. I enjoy my tea time with the group.

Hope you all have a good night! Or day, whatever time it is when you see this. LOL.

4 Likes

I hope you aren’t too far down the list @kasie. I know what waiting for things is like, I am still in a holding pattern also. Be careful while you wait though, don’t get hurt or anything! Sending you positive energy that you are not too far down the list & will have a helper sooner than later.

4 Likes

So true, @Berta! Pumpkin recipes always equal a good time :jack_o_lantern::grin: Hope you had a lovely yoga class and a nice brunch with your dad! :woman_in_lotus_position:

Sounds like your tasty and magickal raspberry cordial made your wish come true, @Limeberry! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Keep those icky sniffles away and get some good rest. Be healthy and well, girl! :pray:

That is wonderful to hear that your son is doing much better and will come by for a visit soon, @Tamera! I’m glad you had a relaxing tea time too- I know you’ve been juggling a lot of stress lately. Sending big hugs right back to you, and so much love your way! :heart: I love the antlers on your altar too- such a great addition! :grin:

There’s still some uncertainty in the air, but you’ve been working hard and it sounds like the hardest parts are behind you now, @Krissie117. You deserve a nice long rest with your shows, journal, and relaxation :relaxed: Keep that positivity flowing and know you’ve come a long way- be proud, Krissie! You’re doing great! :clap:

Ohh goodness, @Kasie! I has pictured in my mind that once the decision was made you’d get help pretty quickly. Now you have wait more? Darn, girl. I hope it’s a short list and a great helper will come soon. Careful with those groceries- I know it’s tough to lug them all back from the store :sweat: Glad you had a relaxing tea time, and I am saying my prayer that your wish comes true very soon! Got my fingers crossed for you :crossed_fingers::hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you @TheTravelWitch, I’m really working hard on it. There is so much that I have going for me, I feel like I’ve come too far to let it all go. I was better mentally yesterday, but physically I was pained. I think I am starting a pain flare because I have been really pained for the last couple of days. The weather turned cold here & can feel it in my joints. I’m like my own weather person.

6 Likes

Me too! I think I’ll find out after they release the findings next Monday. So probably on Wednesday or Friday. Unless Friday is considered a holiday too. But I hope I’m close.

Thanks for the kind thoughts! Hopefully, I’ll know something by this time next week. It depends on how the mail goes.

5 Likes

I hope it comes earlier in the week. I forgot, briefly, that Thanksgiving was next week. I don’t think Friday counts as a holiday. I know it’s black Friday, but people still have to go to work and the Fed is open.

5 Likes

Then I’ll check the mail on Friday if it isn’t there on Tuesday. I don’t pay that much attention when the Fed is open or banks and such. I just know the bus has a holiday on both Thursday and Friday and doesn’t run. It’s gonna be crowded Tuesday. Not looking forward to going out. It’s going to be a madhouse. I hate shopping on the holidays.

5 Likes