(Group Ritual - Nov 5) ✨ Tea Meditation Time

Merry Meet, everyone- and a very Happy November!

The excitement of last weekend (Full Blue Moon, Halloween, Samhain/Beltane) is now behind us. This week is a wonderful time to relax and recover :relieved:

~ :woman_in_lotus_position: ~ Tea and Talk with the Coven - Thurs, Nov 5th ~ :person_in_lotus_position: ~

On Thursday, join in for a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :relaxed:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together when we share a cup and a quiet moment together.

Let’s enjoy a relaxing and peaceful tea time together- you are warmly invited! :sparkling_heart:

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage. While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, or any other beverage :coffee:

Note : For this week, it is suggested you choose a blend with a higher amount of caffeine. Black tea or coffee are good energy-boosting choices!

• Find a quiet place to relax. Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent. You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :relieved:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional: November 5th) Drink of Rejuvination :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

This blend can help keep you on your feet when you start feeling the weight of last weekend’s activities.

1. Select your caffeinated drink and add the bag/leaves/blend to your cup. Swirl the cup and its dry contents three times- for energy, for vitality, and for success :medal_sports:

2. Pour hot water into your mug and consider adding a boost of sweetener- honey, sugar, agave nectar, or maple syrup. Sugar can give you a rush of additional energy :honey_pot:

3. Consider saying a chant:

Fire and water have created this blend,
To ease exhaustion and motivation mend.
A breath of fresh air and an earthen mug,
Energize! Inspire! My drink is a hug.

1. Hold your cup and imagine the heat seeping beneath your skin- bringing life and energy into your body. Let the heat warm and relax your muscles, revitalizing them.
  • Enjoy the Benefits of Meditation. After enjoying a soothing beverage and calming moment, you can continue your day with a clear mind, increased focus, and a boost of positivity (and caffeine!)

After your meditation, when your cup is empty but your heart is full- welcome back! :heart_decoration:

You are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time. Share some pics of your tea, your plans for the rest of the week, or just talk about what’s on your mind today!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the Witches’ New Year and are enjoying some quiet relaxation after the holidays.

I am looking forward to swapping thoughts and sharing a hot cup of something tasty with you all this Thursday :hugs::tea:

Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

I love the tea times. That chant is gorgeous also, I think this week I am going to use it when I make my black tea. Black tea was the original tea, I didn’t try any others until I started visiting this site and got curious around the tea times and daily rituals. I love catching up with everyone on Thursdays though! Thank you!

4 Likes

Sounds like just what we’ll need this week, as always. I think I’ll make my positive energy tea this week. It’s got black tea and herbs that give it extra zip. I could use that after this past week.

3 Likes

@kasie how did your doctor appointment go? Mine was good, but I feel like I may be pushing myself too hard now. I went to the store and I am in a ton of pain from my lower back to my hips. Even in the store it was a struggle to keep going.

4 Likes

It went well! Now I just need home health in to wrap my legs. We’re trying to wriggle that in with one of the companies. We’ll see. Thanks for asking! I’m sorry you did too much in the store. Next time, go with a buddy.

3 Likes

You are very welcome, @Krissie117- I’m so happy you like the chant and have been having fun exploring types of tea! Hahaha I know there are so many different kinds it can quickly become a hobby of trying new flavors :yum::tea: And oh, stay safe while at the store! Kasie has a good idea- bring a buddy if you can. I hope you can take it easy today to recover from any pain. Stay well! :two_hearts:

Ohhh a nice zip from positivi-tea sounds perfect, @Kasie! :grin::sparkles: Glad to hear the appointment went well- fingers crossed you can get someone to wrap your legs soon! :crossed_fingers: Stay well and be healthy- this is a good week to lay low after a weekend full of crazy energy!

3 Likes

This chant is divine :heart_eyes: juuuust what I need!

3 Likes

It’s definitely too early for me to venture out on my own. I found that out yesterday when I walked into the store. So if I have to do it again, I will definitely take someone with me. As a friend said, walk before you run. I forget that I’m not even 2 weeks out of surgery yet. Seems like it’s been much longer though!

2 Likes

Good morning, good morning to all!

It’s a happy sunny day here in Warsaw- after days of rain and grey skies, the sunshine is welcome :sun_with_face:

I kicked off my day with a boot-to-the-head black tea (Early Grey) that I let steep for an extra minute to make it nice and strong :coffee:

I added a (generous) plop of honey and kept my carnelian stone close while I drank- I wanted an extra boost of creativity and motivation today! :orange_heart:

We’re pretty much back in lockdown here in Warsaw (yikes) so I think I’ll try to do a big shopping trip later today and stock up on food :shopping_cart: . I’m hoping to narrow down my daily errands and plan on staying safe at home as much as I can.

Also I’m trying not to stress about the very drawn out election in the USA- I’ll be glad when it’s all over! :grimacing:

So glad you liked the chant, @Limeberry! And yes, @Krissie117- take it easy, girl! You’ve been through a lot lately and deserve some rest.

Hope everyone is well- how are you all doing today?

Sending big hugs from me to you- cheers! :coffee:

2 Likes

I know this is late for me, my hardrive failed in my laptop.

I’ve had a couple of stressful, but lonely days. I can’t explain why I feel lonely, it just happens to me sometimes. I think this time it’s from having so much downtime from the surgeries. My right hand is still sore and gets a sharp pain through my thumb when I try to lift a gallon of milk.

So, I have done a lot of journal writing and connecting with memories. I started to go through my jewelry chest today. Its always fun to find things I put away for safekeeping. Today I found 2 old Santa letters from my boys when they were in grade school. I found some old coins too. I know that 10 years ago one of them was worth almost $50. I also cleaned up my area a little bit & I have been using a Florida water mix in my diffuser or Jasmine. They both lift my spirits.

Today in the mail I received some spell jars and crystal chips for the spell jars. So that was exciting. I love mail presents. I had forgotten that I ordered them.

It’s been some gorgeous weather and it’s supposed to stay this way through the beginning of next week. I’m looking forward to a nice weekend. My daughter has some things planned for us on Saturday.

I hope everyone is having a great day. I will try to pop on some more with my phone. It’s just hard to type with my dominant hand getting sore so quick. I should have a laptop back in a little bit though. I’m saving what I can to get at least a new hardrive and a friend of mine is going to help me install it!

2 Likes

Oh I feel your laptop pain! Mine keeps getting over excited and crashing :see_no_evil:

Oooooh how exciting!! Please share your spell jars when you put them together! I loved the last one :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hello all! Hope everyone is having a good Thursday.

I was late getting my tea today. Well, I had a cup this morning but drank it down before I even thought about it being Thursday so I had me another cup this afternoon to do the lovely chant and meditation with it. I wasn’t feeling the Positivity tea today so I had Spiced Chai with a couple of spoonfuls of sugar. It was a nice, energizing cup which got me going to make dinner, since I had spend all afternoon waiting on home health.

I did get my legs wrapped though, so that is good. The left leg hurts like a bugger though, like there’s acid dripping on it. What fun. The doctor’s on that though and is calling in an antibiotic. Hopefully, between the wrap and the meds I can get this fixed. Fingers crossed.

Good plan @TheTravelWitch! I hope you were able to get everything you needed. Hopefully the shelves weren’t empty by the time you got to the store.

Don’t make your hand too sore @krissie117, you don’t want to damage it. I’m sorry you’re feeling so lonely right now, we are all here for you though if you computer lets you online. I’m glad you’re getting a new harddrive! I’d be lost without my computer.

4 Likes

The chant was perfect for my tea meditation time. I created my own blend from mugwort, rosemary, apple, and pomegranate seeds. Adding a little honey for taste. I feel relaxed, refreshed, and rejuvenated all at once.

3 Likes

Oh no, sorry about your hard drive, @Krissie117! Hope your friend was able to help and it is working well now. I understand the lonely feelings- sometimes they can bubble up out of seemingly nowhere. There is a lot of anxiety and loneliness in the air this year, and as you are an empath you could very well be picking up on the negative feelings of others too. Big hugs to you, girl! :hugs:

It sounds like you will have a fun weekend with your daughter that will hopefully help to cheer you up. And such fun presents! Enjoy the spell jars- I’m with @Limeberry, I’d also love to see what you make! :blush:

Your tea looks absolutely gorgeous, @Kasie! :heart_eyes: Such a rich color in that beautiful mug- ohhh sounds like a lovely tea time :coffee::two_hearts:

Thank goodness the doctor is working on your poor leg- I hope the antibiotic helps! May they come soon and take the pain away- you shouldn’t have to suffer. Rest up and stay comfy, Kasie! :heart:

I had a pretty successful shopping trip in the end, thank you! I forgot about the senior-only hours (10am to noon here) so I had to wait a bit, but I got in and there was plenty of food on the shelves. The fridge is packed, so I should be all set with groceries for a while! :shopping:

…Unless it gets cold and I turn into a hungry bear like I do sometimes in the winter :bear::laughing:

Your blend of teas sound amazing, @Brenda10- wow! So many healthy and wholesome ingredients. I bet it was delicious :yum::tea: I’m glad you liked the chant and I hope you feel a burst of energy to carry you through the rest of your day! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Ooh that sounds like such a delicious blend!!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This group ritual has ended. Please visit Activities to find and join the current group ritual.