(Group Ritual - Oct 15) 🕯 Tea Time as a Coven

Merry meet to all- how is everyone doing this week? :heart:

Thursday is coming ever closer, which means it is time to once again warmly invite you all for a shared cup :coffee:

~ :candle: ~ Tea Time Together - Thursday, October 15 ~ :candle: ~

On Thursday, join in for a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :woman_in_lotus_position:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together when we share a cup and a quiet moment together.

After the meditation, you can continue your day with a refreshed mind and the knowledge that your coven is sending you love! :hugs:

Ready? Let’s begin!

• Choose your beverage . While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, or any other beverage :coffee:

• Find a quiet place to relax . Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent . You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :relieved:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional: October 15th) Peace of Mind Candle Spell :candle:

Dispell fear and uncertainty to find a few minutes of inner tranquility with this smaller version of the Spells8 Peace of Mind Spell. It has been adapted below to better suit a tea meditation.

Peace-of-Mind-Wiccan-Spell

1. Place a tealight candle (symbolic of the hearth, home, and the invigorating element fire) in front of you. Feel free to substitute for any type of candle you have on hand.

2. Take three deep and slow breaths while focusing on your breathing.

3. Light the candle in front of you. Pick up your warm mug and hold it in your hands, allowing the warmth from the cup and the flame to fill you with the energy of fire :fire:

4. Continuing to breathe deeply and sip your tea while beginning a visualization:

Visualize a white light beginning in your abdomen and gently spreading throughout your body. Concentrate on each part: core, shoulders, arms, hands, legs, feet, crown of the head. Find peace and serenity within you and let its purity fill your body and soul.

1. Meditate until your cup is empty and the candle burns out. You could also place it on your altar and let it burn (safely!) there. If you don’t have time, thank the candle and blow it out- symbolizing the end of the ritual.
  • Enjoy the Benefits of Meditation. After a relaxing meditation and a soothing beverage, you can continue your day with a clear mind, increased focus, and a boost of positivity (and caffeine!)

When your cup is empty but your heart is full, welcome back! :heart_decoration:

You are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time. Share some pics of your tea, or just talk about what’s on your mind today!

We’ve got what looks like a rainy week ahead here- not good for adventuring, but wonderful for drinking tea and deciding which book I’ll choose for the Spells8 Book Club! :blue_book::laughing:

As always, I’m looking forwards to sharing a very welcome meditation with you all on Thursday :hugs:

Until then, blessed be!

11 Likes

I’m setting my calendar for this week! I’ve been either so busy or so forgetful. I really need to take a moment for myself. I’m no good for anyone if I’m out of energy! Just like crystals, we need to cleanse our energy and recharge! :gem::crystal_ball::battery:

6 Likes

I’ve always wanted to do this ritual but being, well, larger than most and clumsy I was always afraid I’d set myself on fire. I love this new version and am looking forward to doing it with you!

4 Likes

Ohhh I love this, Christina! :heart_eyes: We take such good care of our magickal tools- it can sometimes happen that we forget to take the same level of care for ourselves too :woman_in_lotus_position:

A meditation is a great way to cleanse and refresh- while also charging ourselves for magick and filling up with energy to get us through the day! :sun_with_face:

Hooray! :grin: I’m glad you like it this version of the Peace of Mind Spell- I’ve also had it on the back burner for a while! The circle of candles seems really beautiful in theory, but I’m also terrified of my clumsiness leading to singed clothes or- at worst- a very toasty apartment :fire::scream:

One single candle in front seemed like a good adaptation for a low-key tea meditation. The intent and visualization is all the same! I am also excited to finally give this one a try- can’t wait to enjoy it with you, too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

The whole sitting on the floor thing wasn’t for me either. They’d have to call a tow truck to get me up! LOL. I like this new version. It’s going to be great!

4 Likes

:candle: Happy Thursday everyone! :coffee:

I dragged myself out of my cozy blankets (every day closer to winter makes it harder and harder to get up :laughing:), turned on the lights, and got started on my tea meditation first thing today.

I set everything up, made my tea, and lit my candle. But something just didn’t feel right.

Finally, I got up and switched off the lights :bulb: . With the sun still asleep the room was dark all but for the tealight.

The glow of the candle felt like the whole world. It suddenly became much easier to focus on it. And I felt like I could really feel the warmth spreading through my mind and body as I did the visualization :sun_with_face: .

I usually have some sunshine or the lights on when I meditate (even when I work with candles) so this was a whole new experience that really helped me to clear my mind and be in the moment.

I’m curious- do you all usually meditate with the lights on or off? :thinking:

I’m off to the embassy soon to pick up my renewed passport today (only took a week to process- wow!)

Sending happy morning meditative thoughts your way- hope you have a wonderful and blessed day! :pray::two_hearts:

3 Likes

I had a lovely chai latte for today’s meditation. I decided to take the tea light out of it’s metal case and let it melt over my intentions jar as I drank my tea. (Joining some wax from previous meditations as you can see!)

I prefer to meditate by candlelight- I find lamps/ceiling lights really distracting!
Loved today’s tea :heart:
About to finish the last bit and read the leaves. Eep. Wish me luck :joy::see_no_evil:

Also yay for this!

3 Likes

Erm excuse me? :joy:
Haven’t completely finished my tea yet- certainly haven’t done my swirling and question asking… and yet:

Can anyone else see this or is it just me?

What on Earth?! :joy: :joy: :joy:
edit: apologies for the handwriting, was trying to write on my phone screen with my finger which is apparently difficult.

5 Likes

Hey guys! Happy Thursday!

I left my mediation late today simply because for once I had a good night’s sleep and didn’t get up too early. Yay! I wanted to do like @TheTravelWitch said and have it dark but the candles I’m burning. I tried to meditate on the glow but mostly I was mindfully meditating. That stream of consciousness that wanders into some weird places. LIke whether my sipping my tea was too loud and what I’m going to do for my spell this week. It was nice and peaceful.

Since it was so late I drank a sleepytime tea with honey. Nice and relaxing. It was a good cup of tea, and I played relaxing music in the room.

Yay for a new passport! That did come quickly!

Looks like the arm of the galaxy to me. But that’s just me, @Limeberry. I think how it goes is it’s your tea, your intentions, what you see. You know?

Hope everyone had a nice tea today! :hugs: I look forward to next weeks!

3 Likes

Mine was sleepy time tea too. It’s so late and I needed this break! :relieved: We’ve been packing everything to go camping this weekend and we also just bought a freezer! We are now both (me and my wife) first time freezer-owners!

How are you going to get enlightened if the light’s already on?! :laughing: :laughing:

I think off is better, saves energy!

@Limeberry That looks like a dragon to me!! :dragon: I don’t know what you saw!!

3 Likes

Hello ~ tonight was the first time I tried this group activity ^~^ even though I didn’t experience anything special , it was still very relaxing , especially since I havent sat down at my altar for far too long . I always have a hard time meditating though cause my mind is so loud and I don’t know how to shut it up XD
I will definitely be joining more group meditations in the future ^~^
:first_quarter_moon_with_face::full_moon::last_quarter_moon_with_face:

4 Likes

Ahhhh! It really does look like your tea is writing a message to you? The “S” and “a” are so clear- wow! It almost looks like some kind of spell or chant… ohhh. Did you try saying it out loud? :star_struck:

Sounds like you had a lovely tea mediation, @kasie! Very relaxing- and yes! I know the feeling about minds wandering to interesting places- all good as long it wanders to happy thoughts :blush: Did you get any ideas about your spellwork for this week? :sparkles:

Congrats on your new freezer, Francisco! :snowflake::laughing: I hope you and your wife have a lovely time camping this weekend :tent:

Hahaha this is such a good point!!! :joy: Gosh, I don’t know what I’ve been thinking up to now- early morning/night meditations with the lights off are definitely the way to go! :candle::grin:

Sometimes that’s the magick of meditation- just having a quiet moment to take a step back from your busy day! :person_in_lotus_position: And wow, your altar is so beautiful :heart_eyes: Are those all flowers on the edges? It looks so nice :bouquet::two_hearts:

I am glad to hear you enjoyed a peaceful tea- thanks for joining in, @MidnightVixxen! I know it can be hard to quiet your thoughts to meditate. Have you found this Meditation Beginner’s Guide? I found it really helpful! :blush:

Good luck and blessed be! :heart:

4 Likes

HI!
I have been having an interesting week to say the least. I had my lawyer call and my records have been turned over to the judge handling my hearing. My anxiety has been up and down and there is some depression lingering around, I can just feel it. So I am trying to keep myself from entertaining those dark thoughts.

I am going to continue getting back to journaling. It was really helping.

I am waiting to hear from the nurse about my Covid test before my next surgery. I have to have it done a couple of days before the 22nd. On the 28th is my hearing, so the next couple of weeks are high stress! I did get my amended return back from the IRS though, so things are paid up and caught up. So that feels really good. I had a great day after that, now it’s just to keep it that way.

I hope everyone is doing well, I haven’t spent much time in the forum but I will check through the posts as I can today. I’m hoping to be back to where I was sooner than later.

4 Likes

I’ve got a half-sized freezer and I don’t know what I’d do without it, it’s come in quite handy. Especially since I eat a lot of freezer stuff. And days like today, when I only have to go to the store for medicine I stock up on my freezer stuff to make it easier to carry. I think you’re gonna love your freezer. It’s a big help.

Good luck camping @Francisco! Sounds like fun. I hope it doesn’t rain you out.

That’s why I do a stream of consciousness meditation. Let the thought flow and don’t really try to dig too deep into them. It gets easier in time. You got some time to relax though and you’re altar is beautiful! Sounds like you had a lovely time. I’m glad you could join us!

I had a good idea to push something to happen, but it happened without the spell. So now I’m having to rethink, turning the spell into one from speed to success. I just need to find the words I think. The rest I’ve got in my mind since it’s going to be a simple candle spell. It’s going good though! I just need to sit and think it out.

Wow @krissie117, I’d go way past anxiety down into a panic attack if I was doing what all you’re doing. You’ve got a busy month ahead and then we’re entering the holidays. I hope you’re able to get some good rest after the 28th. Good luck with all your stuff, we’ll be thinking of you! :hugs:

4 Likes

@krissie117 Yes! Journaling is a great tool! It can be healing, not just writing but but for me, reading back through it. Sometimes I just read it and end up laughing at how dramatic I was…! :laughing:

Lots of luck with your covid test!! :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

Thank you! It’s the second in a month that I will have to do. I actually feel a lot better after I journal like a big weight has been lifted off of me. I have been trying to do it at least once a day. I haven’t been very crafty as of late. I have a list though of things I need to get done. Today I don’t feel very good though, my nose is stuffy and runny at the same time. It feels like allergies and it’s a yucky day outside right now.

I’m going to do the black tea meditation soon, I’m hoping today. I haven’t been doing that like I was & I felt so much better when I was doing it.

This coming Thursday is my next surgery so the Covid test will be within the next few days.

Thank you @kasie I know I haven’t been chatty, I’ve just been making it through the days and trying to be positive. Feel free to message me whenever though.

2 Likes

WIll do! It probably won’t be today, I have a lot of stuff to do myself. This week has been busy for me and there’s a lot of little busy things that I haven’t been doing, so I need to get caught up on today.

But I do know you’re going to make it through this! You have a postive mindset and that’s what you need to succeed! :hugs:

3 Likes

Hooray- you’ve got this, Kasie! :grin: I can’t wait to see how the spell develops and turns out :candle::sparkles:

I hope the tea meditation went well for you and that you are feeling good today, @krissie117 :hugs: Best of luck with the covid test as well- you have been having a lot of stress lately, but you are in the home stretch now! It sounds like after this week things will (hopefully) begin to calm down for you. Big hugs and good wishes your way! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I wound up catching a cold at some point, so I have been feeling very run down. My head is all stuffy too. So the black tea meditation will have to wait until I can be back to myself. Or maybe if I can get the chill out of my body, I will make some tea and try it later today. I know I keep saying later today, but this cold hit me like a ton of bricks Yesterday and I feel bleh.

3 Likes

I did it! It wasn’t my best rhyme, but better than none. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes