(Group Ritual - Oct 22) 🤧 Tea for Good Health

Merry meet to all! :heart:

For many of us in the Northern Hemisphere, we are entering the darker months of the year and that, unfortunately, heralds the beginning of Flu Season :sneezing_face:

From reading through the forums, it looks like some of us are already fighting off the first bugs of the winter- Oh no! :mask:

To help boost immunity and fight off any unwanted invaders before they settle in, I would like to dedicate this week’s group ritual to the theme of Staying Healthy :sun_with_face:

~ :sparkles: ~ Tea Time for Good Health - Thursday, Oct 22 ~ :sparkles: ~

On Thursday, join in for a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :woman_in_lotus_position:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together when we share a cup and a quiet moment together.

This week’s meditation is focused on fighting off illness and staying well.

You are warmly invited! :hugs:

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage . While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, or any other beverage :coffee:

Note: For this week’s healing ritual, I recommend preparing Honey :honey_pot:, Lemon :lemon::, and/or Ginger :orange_heart: for your beverage this week. You can steep just these ingredients, or add them to your favorite black tea. If you don’t have these on hand- no worries! Continue with your normal beverage.

• Find a quiet place to relax . Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent . You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :relieved:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional: October 22nd) Healing Potion with Lemon and Ginger

Chase away a cold before it sets in and give your immune system a boost with this healing mixture of honey, lemon, and ginger. This ritual has been adapted slightly from the Healing Potion Magic Spell to suit a tea ritual.

Healing-Spell-Tea-Ritual-750x500

1. Chop the ginger into pieces and add it to your mug. Top with slices of lemon/lemon juice and a spoonful of honey. You can choose to keep it simple or add your favorite black tea.

2. Top with hot water and allow it to steep.

3. While you wait, focus on your breathing. Take 3 deep breaths and say the words:

I invoke the healing energy of this drink

1. Sip your drink and visualize the warmth chasing out any unwanted or bad enegries within your body. Strengthen and guide this intent with the words:

I take care of my body, my mind, and my emotions.
Today I am safe, relaxed, and life flows joyfully.
Today my health is perfect.

1. Enjoy your tea and meditate peacefully until your cup is empty and you feel full of vitality.

(For the full version of this healing spell including a guided meditation video and printable page, visit Honey Ginger Meditation Healing Potion. )

• Enjoy the Benefits of Meditation. After a relaxing meditation and a soothing beverage, you can continue your day with a clear mind, increased focus, and a boost of positivity (and good health!)

After your meditation, when your cup is empty but your heart is full- welcome back! :heart_decoration:

You are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time. Share some pics of your tea, or just talk about what’s on your mind today!

I hope everyone is doing well this week! Keep those bugs away! :face_with_thermometer:

If you do feel a sickness coming on, I also recommend the following:

:warning:Health and Safety Note:
The remedy listed here is traditional medicine and does not substitute for advice from a medical professional. It is also geared towards seasonal bugs- not the Coronavirus pandemic. If you are displaying symptoms of COVID19 please contact your doctor for a suitable treatment plan.

Be healthy and well, everyone! I look forward to sharing a cup and cheering to your good health together on Thursday.

Blessed be! :yellow_heart:

10 Likes

I’ve been meaning to make time for tea time. I have to get up early and create some me time. I’ll see everyone Thursday.

6 Likes

We look forward to seeing you @christina4!

6 Likes

I am excited to give this a try for the first time on Thursday! Does the time of day matter? I am always up at 5am. Is that an ok time or does that not matter? Do I just set aside a time of day to do this?

4 Likes

I don’t think it matters. I’ve done it at 6am and 9pm myself. It’s all up to you!

4 Likes

5 am it is! lol I appreciate your help @kasie !

4 Likes

You deserve some me-time, @christina4! :raised_hands: Hope you are able to find a bit of time to relax with tea- I’m looking forward to the ritual with you on Thursday :hugs:

Hooray- glad to have you join in, @Amavi! :heart: Just like @Kasie said- any time that you have a moment of quiet will work perfectly. I usually do my ritual first thing in the morning as the sun is rising, but I know others save their quiet tea time for later at night! Whatever works best for you so you can feel relaxed and connected :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I look forward to seeing you too! It’s been a while. Every time I say that I think of a song by Aaron Lewis, It’s Been A While. Lol

2 Likes

SO excited to be here with everyone, so thank you for the warm welcome @TheTravelWitch! :revolving_hearts:

I totally understand that point of view! I like to watch the sunrise :sunrise_over_mountains: as well and start my morning on a positive note! I’ts when I will be doing my tea time :tea: from now on!! Thank you all for the help! :hugs:

2 Likes

You’re welcome @Amavi! I hope you have a good tea! I didn’t even drink tea before I joined this group. Now I have a collection of teas and special mugs. LOL. It gets addictive.

3 Likes

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: You’re getting there love! With each day, you can reach out more and more. I can already tell you are a happier person. It may seem like it’s taking forever, but really it’s not.

2 Likes

@kasie Ahaha I drink tea occasionally but looks like that is about to change! Can’t wait for my collection to start!

4 Likes

What a lovely idea. I’ll definitely be joining you fine folk!

4 Likes

I have surgery at 12:30 PM on Thursday, but IF I am having tea later in the evening I will pop on for the tea time. Or I may wait until Friday. I have missed being a part of them.

I hope you are able to join also @christina4!

3 Likes

@kasie you know I have a thing for special mugs… I wanna seeeeeee haha get back on that Mug appreciation page :joy:

2 Likes

@Limeberry I haven’t bought any more mugs this month. I don’t think I can beat that unicorn one anyhow. LOL. I mostly use my glass mug because the handle heats up really hot. When it’s cool enough for me to pick up, it’s cool enough for me to drink.

2 Likes

Good morning, coven!

It’s a bit later in the day here now, but I had a lovely tea meditation earlier today- I agree, @Amavi, there’s something magickal about morning tea and watching the sun come up in the sky! :city_sunrise:

And today I felt like I had a cup of sunshine in my hands- the ginger, lemon, and honey make for a very warming blend. It felt like a healthy hug! :lemon::honey_pot::yellow_heart:

Alas that my collection of mugs are all pretty boring- they were here when I moved into the apartment. I really should look into getting some funny and creative ones like @Limeberry and @Kasie have! :laughing:

Whoops that it doesn’t look that beautiful- I was going to have full lemon slices but I couldn’t remember if the lemon I bought was organic or not :thinking: Decided it was better to just use the pulp than risk steeping chemicals :grimacing:

And ohhh did this taste delicious! Cutting up the ginger and squeezing the lemon is a bit more work than I normally put into tea, but it was ABSOLUTELY worth it- this was so yummy! :yum:

I had a relaxing and soothing meditation and allowed the feelings of good health and vitality to fill me with warmth. Cheers to relaxing tea and a very healthy day of good feelings :raised_hands:

Sending good thoughts to @krissie117 for your upcoming surgery today- I pray it goes well :pray: And here’s to hoping that @christina4 is able to find some relaxing time from your busy schedule, and also that @marcy and @Amavi are able to join for their first tea ritual as well! :hugs:

Love and light to all- may everyone have a wonderful and blessed Thursday :sun_with_face:

6 Likes

Good Morning, all!

I lacked both ginger lemon AND honey this morning so I went with black tea and a touch of coconut milk. I followed the Black Tea Focus Meditation and now I feel ready to face my day!

I also used my favorite mug which also helps bring a little more sunshine to my day :hugs:

I hope everyone has an absolutely GORGEOUS day!

5 Likes

Hello all! I’ve got to do some chores around the house today that leave me short of breath because of my weight. So I had me a cup of Breathe Easy this morning and it was good. Cleared up the morning crud in my lungs, that’s for sure. I had a nice short meditation and then I was ready to face my day! Now I’ve just got to do those chores. ~pouts~ Too bad trash won’t take itself out. LOL.

I forgot to take a picture of my mug, I’ll try to remember next week!

5 Likes

Great mug! LOL. At least Garfield is in a happy mood on that one.

4 Likes