(Group Ritual - Oct 29) 👻 A very spoooooky tea time

Merry meet, everyone!

Can you feel the excitement in the air? This week leads into a very thrilling and supernatural weekend with triple blessings. Coming up, we have the Full Blue Moon, the Pagan Holiday Samhain (or Beltane for those in the Southern Hemisphere), and Halloween festivities.

During such a thrilling and crazy time, it can be easy to get caught up in preparations and excitement- but don’t forget to take some “me-time” for yourself, too! :hugs:

This season involves reflecting on those we have lost and can be a somber time for some people. It is important to mourn and honor those who are gone, but remember that it is also heartening to celebrate the wonderful lives they lived!

The group tea ritual this week will hopefully help to get you in a positive Halloween spirit. With a quiet moment of focus and time to recollect yourself, you will be ready for all the excitement of this weekend! :full_moon: :candle:

~ :candle: ~ Spooky Tea and Talk - Thursday, Oct 29 ~ :candle: ~

On Thursday, join in for a tea meditation - an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies :woman_in_lotus_position:

Although we are physically spread out across the world, it is possible to come together when we share a cup and a quiet moment together.

Let’s enjoy a spook-tastic tea time together :ghost: You are warmly invited! :hugs:

Ready? Let’s begin

• Choose your beverage . While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, or any other beverage :coffee:

• Find a quiet place to relax . Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances. If you’d like, you may decide to cast a circle or cleanse the space before you begin :candle:

• Focus your intent . You can follow any style or type of meditation you choose- focus on your breath and thoughts and be present in this moment :relieved:

• Work some magick! While meditation is a magickal and healing process all on its own, you may choose to add an additional element of magick to your tea time.

(Optional: October 29th) Making an Enchanted Witches’ Brew :woman_mage:

Bless your beverage and make a potion to celebrate the season!

1. Double, double toil and trouble- Set up your ingredients and space with intention- you are ready to work your magic (and perhaps a little Halloween trouble!)

2. Fire burn and cauldron bubble- Gather your intentions as the flame burns or kettle heats and the water bubbles. Invite wishes for a successful and blessed holiday- full of fun and good memories.

3. Cool it with a baboon’s blood-To cool your drink and add some magick, consider adding a sickly sweet touch to your brew. Sweeteners can help to attract affection and imbue positive emotions. Consider tossing in:

• Timeless Nectar (honey) :honey_pot:
  • Crystals of Delight (white sugar) :white_circle:
  • Desert Pulp (agave syrup) :desert:
  • Tree Blood (maple syrup) :deciduous_tree:

(Ingredient names are inspired by Witch Herb Names)

1. Then the charm is firm and good- Stir your drink three times forward, three times back, once down, and once up while you say the words of a charm:

All Hallows’ Eve will soon be in sight,
I’m now prepared for a delightful night.
This brew and blend will calm my mind-
I await the blessings on Halloween I’ll find!

Let your tea potion fill you with warmth and excitement for the thrills soon to come! :candle:

• Enjoy the Benefits of Meditation. After meditating and enjoying a soothing beverage, you can continue your day with a clear mind, increased focus, and a boost of positivity (and caffeine!)

After your meditation, when your cup is empty but your heart is full- welcome back! :heart_decoration:

You are very welcome to share any thoughts or experiences you had during tea time. Share some pics of your tea, your plans for the weekend and holidays, or just talk about what’s on your mind today!

Good luck to everyone making preparations for rituals, celebrations, and festivities this weekend- enjoy that special energy in the air! I’m looking forward to sharing a nice tea time with you all on Thursday :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Blessed be! :candle:

9 Likes

Crystals of Delight! I’m gonna call sugar that from now on. LOL. I like it. Sounds like a great tea time is planned. Can’t wait for Thursday! :jack_o_lantern:

8 Likes

I am calling my sugar, “Crystals of Delight” from now on too!

I am looking forward to this week’s tea time for a couple of reasons, and not just because it is right before Samhain! I am happy that I went through the last month and a half and I’m feeling better than I did during that time. I feel more focused and alert to what I need and is happening.

It seems fitting that Samhain is considered the Witch’s New Year, because I am full of new beginnings immediately following Samhain. Things are coming together for me and I know where I want to go from here. I’m excited to share news on Thursday, I have missed our tea times and challenges while I was away.

6 Likes

Hopefully, everything will go well for you in the next year love! I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow! :purple_heart: :hugs: :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Oh, thank you so much. It is much appreciated. I hope you had a good day & I will definitely check in tomorrow after my hearing with how it went. I don’t think I will have a decision right away, but stranger things have happened.

4 Likes

Just remember, no news is good news. :hugs:

4 Likes

@kasie I hope so! I just found out earlier that it could be up to 3 months for me to have a decision and 8 weeks is the average. I can ask my lawyer how she thought it went because she is familiar with the judge. So I’m hoping for some inclining tomorrow of how it went.

4 Likes

Man, they just leave you hanging, don’t they?

5 Likes

I guess so, I will see what I can find out tomorrow though. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

They just leave you hanging!! I thought the same @Kasie and I was just talking about that with my wife. I submitted all my green card renewal papers in February and still nothingg!!! But they say it takes around a year and a half, and that’s in normal times…

Anyway, I look forward to this Thursday’s Tea time! Thanks @TheTravelWitch for organizing! I really liked the theme! :jack_o_lantern:

6 Likes

This is Jeannie, I’m inn for this treat! Better get my cauldron brewing!
I went to KP international to get my tea :tea: and got a new tea pot for my brewing! Working on diety right know!
Jeannie

5 Likes

@Francisco I originally applied October 11, 2019 so to me, it’s been over a year & I have waited long enough! I’m hoping that some things have changed with the Covid pandemic that I don’t have to wait for at least 8 weeks for a decision. They definitely take their time under normal circumstances, but I know they switched to phone only hearings or video hearings for the time being. There are no in person hearings, so anyone that wants or needs an in person hearing is on a long waiting list! As soon as I know anything, I will let everyone know. I hope things start moving for you too @Francisco!

4 Likes

Hahaha I’m glad you liked the new name, @Kasie and @Krissie117! Sugar really does look like teeny tiny quartz crystals in the light. Actually pretty beautiful (and tasty!) :yum::ice_cube:

Gosh, I know the feeling @Krissie117 and @Francisco- I applied for my Yearly Residency Permit here in Poland back in February. It’s been almost 9 months now- still waiting to hear back about the decision. I know things are slow because of the pandemic, but… :expressionless: At this rate I’ll have to apply for the next one before I even get a reply about the first one! Bureaucracy is just yikes :woman_shrugging:

Hooray @Jeannie1! Congrats on your new teapot- exciting! What kind of tea did you get? :blush:

6 Likes

Heh. I bought several specialty tea mugs after getting started with tea time, not to mention all the teas. It’s addictive!

5 Likes

I got some lose green tea that is lose leaf is that good for readings?

3 Likes

The travel witch, And earl grey is my favorite. I have ginger tea, and many more I’m at work right know so I can’t remember which ones but I’m working on getting the teas that are called for on spells 8. Some of them I have not tried and looked for them and could not find them for example: pu tea , And hibiscus tea.

3 Likes

kasie, what did you get?

3 Likes

I had my hearing today and the general feeling is that it went well and I am just waiting for the decision to come in the mail. My lawyer feels that I will be approved and that it’s obvious I should be because my testimony lined up with my records and the vocational expert stated that there are no jobs that I could do with my limitations. Once the lawyer or I get a decision in the mail, we will call each other as soon as we have the answer.

Thank you for all your well wishes over the last month or so. Now I’m just waiting for the decision to come in the mail.

5 Likes

For Pu Erh teas, try this website, Jeannie!

They have a fantastic range of teas from Yunnan province, China, including raw Pu Erh, also black and white teas.

For hibiscus and other teas, try David’s Tea. They are a popular Canadian company with a diverse selection of teas.

4 Likes

Francisco, I am so glad you turned me on to Davids Tea, in Sacramento we had a a place called Teavana but they went out of business😠
I haven’t been able to find anything like it till now! thank you!!! I looked at the website you referred and looks really yummy! Tea looks as though it has fruit inside which makes it authentic! Makes my tea look bad know! Ha ha ha! Lol
I’ll have to get some as a treat soon! :blush:
Pu tea packaging looks really nice and is more pricey since it’s compressed and aged! I am glad I asked the question because I went to numerous stores and could not find it! I learn new things everyday! I really do feel like I am learning big or small I am learning about different cultures and I always appreciate diversity! I love alll walks of life! Thanks so much! Have you ever heard of stroop waffle you dip the waffle in tea you should look it up! It’s good!
Jeannie

4 Likes