Warm greetings to all!
As the season passes and we celebrate the Equinox this week (Mabon for those in the Northern half of the world, and Ostara for those in the southern half)- how is everyone doing?
I know this is a busy time of year! But the busier it is, the more reasons there are to take some time out of your day to practice meditation Your day will be smoother when approached with a calm mind and clear focus!
~ ~Tea Time Together: Thursday, September 24th ~ ~
This group ritual is a tea meditation- an easy and beginner-friendly meditative practice to help you focus your mind and draw in your energies.
Although we are physicaly spread across the world, it is possible to come together when we share a cup and a quiet moment.
This Thursday, prepare your favorite mug and let’s meditate together!
To begin, choose your beverage! While tea is the standard, it is perfectly fine to do this meditation with coffee, juice, or even some very delicious seasonal hot chocolate
Find a quiet place to cultivate a quiet mind. Find somewhere where you can let go of outside disturbances, and focus on the here and now- just your breath and the cup in your hands
Focus your intent. You may choose to pursue any style or type of meditation you choose. For this week’s group ritual, I suggest focusing on the changing seasons and cycle of change through the Goddess Persephone.
“Persephone is the Greek Goddess of Nature’s renewal, vegetation and flowers. But she is also the Queen of the Underworld, guardian of the secrets of the dead.”
[From the Spells8 Persephone Devotional]
- Say an Optional Chant or Prayer. Words have incredible power. To help focus and materialize your wishes, you may choose to put them into words. Here is a chant as part of Persephone’s Chant for Rebirth and Renewal:
Let my actions, words, and thoughts,
Become a hymn of praise to you,
Goddess of renewal, vegetation, flowers,
Goddess of Life, Death and Rebirth.
Help me, O Goddess, to let my old self die,
Let me reborn and begin again every morning,
To do what matters the most today.
To make today the most beautiful day.
- Enjoy the Benefits of Meditation. With a clear mind, increased focus, boost of positivty (and caffiene!) you are ready to go about the rest of your day or night with a new frame of mind
When your cup is empty but your heart is full, welcome back!
Feel free to share any pictures, thoughts, and experiences you had during your tea time.
- What tea/coffee/beverage did you enjoy?
- How did your tea meditation go?
- Did you have any realizations or interesting insights?
- How are you feeling today?
As always, I greatly look forward to a moment of meditation, a warm cup of tea, and the lovely post-discussion with all of you
Have a blessed week- and see you all Thursday!
Love and Light